Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 27th, 2010, 11:29 AM

airdroppette Woo who?
3 Player Games

So I am wondering how do most of you play three player, two against one?
So far, to keep correct order, we have been playing in a way that the individual battling the two has two sets of different colour order markers, but I found it to be quite a strain to plan 6 moves ahead.
Any actual rules pertaining to three players on teams?
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 3 Player Games

Here's a thread that discusses three player games.

The way I play with my two step sons, 7 and 11, is I team up with the youngest. We both get 300 points. The oldest gets 1000 and we go from there. Three way free or all battles just make for hard feelings when one person gets ganged up on.
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We do Free for alls mostly, but my wife and I go after each other more than we go after Josh.

Typically, for 2v1's we give the 1 about 125% the points of the 2. They also can use the X marker for a 4th move. That gives 6 potential moves vs. 4 and a greater point total. However, we are talking adult + 7yo, vs adult, so if the battle is straight up equals then it gets more difficult.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM

highlandman1 Woo who?

My 2v1s usually work like this:
The one has marginally more points than either of the 2 alone, and starts off in a very good position on the map, "good" being determined by glyphs, height, LoS, etc. We're still tweaking it to make it work, but this seems to be a good game 80% of the time.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you wanted to do a free-for-all, I heard soing something like "killing the person to your left" works well. I don't do 3 player games, but it weems like it could be interesting.
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart

I end up playing a lot of three player games for some reason. Although I usually do free for all, in the two vs. one games I've played, usually the one is placed in a castle.

OR

You could place the single person in charge of two armies. That way it would be similar to a two vs. two game.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM

Daddio is surprisingly tart

Me and my guys (age 11 and 9) play 3-handed games all the time. We haven't tried any of the setups that were suggested here, so we always just go free for all.

Even though the oldest complains about being ganged up on, it's generally not the case...unless he just walked into the middle of everything and was asking for it, of course!

Though I like the idea of "attack the guy on your left"

I usually win due to better strategy, but whenever they do beat me, it's fair and square and they get full bragging rights. They like the bragging rights.

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM

I'm not sure about the whole "attacking to the left" thing. I'm probably not understanding it right, but it seems to me that if you aren't allowed to attack the guy on your right, then you would be pretty defenseless when he attacks you. Can anyone explain it to me better?
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:45 AM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
I'm not sure about the whole "attacking to the left" thing. I'm probably not understanding it right, but it seems to me that if you aren't allowed to attack the guy on your right, then you would be pretty defenseless when he attacks you. Can anyone explain it to me better?
The idea is that if you put more pressure on the army to your left then you'll always have to iniative over them unless they themselves win the initiative and you will in turn usually be able to cause damage to them before they can attack you. You will also usually be putting more space between you and your opponent to the right. It is usually most useful when you have won initiative in the first round of a four player game. This of course happens because the rules state that the play passes to the left. Also, there is no restriction on attacking your opponent to your right, but if you can, shoot for the opponent to the left to gain that little bit of an edge.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Oh, okay, so you're not really restricted to who you attack, the way initiative is set up gives you incentive to attack the guy on your left. That helps, thanks.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:05 AM

Daddio is surprisingly tart

Good clarification. So, what are the rules of victory? If your objective is to knock out the guy on your left, I am guessing that the first person to do this is the winner?

If so, it would help alleviate the issue of one player losing and then just milling about while the other 2 fight for final victory the way a free-for-all can be.

...unless you are one of my kids and you decided mid-way into putting the map together that you were already kind of tired and not really committed to the game in the first place, in which case getting knocked out first comes as something of a relief from an otherwise unbearable insistence that you spend some quality time with your father and your brother, cause, you know, it's just not cool and you'd rather be playing on the Wii or seeing whatever show was in the DVD player at the time whether you'd seen it ten times already or not, or even if it's Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses, anything but sitting in the basement "hangout" while two people clearly gang up on you for no reason or fault of your own, which is totally unfair in the first place just because you ran all your heavies out into the middle of the field and tried attacking everyone at once and they all took it personal, but at least the game is finally over and you can go do something more fun by yourself now.

TMI?

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:47 AM

CriesJuggernaut Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
...unless you are one of my kids and you decided mid-way into putting the map together that you were already kind of tired and not really committed to the game in the first place, in which case getting knocked out first comes as something of a relief from an otherwise unbearable insistence that you spend some quality time with your father and your brother, cause, you know, it's just not cool and you'd rather be playing on the Wii or seeing whatever show was in the DVD player at the time whether you'd seen it ten times already or not, or even if it's Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses, anything but sitting in the basement "hangout" while two people clearly gang up on you for no reason or fault of your own, which is totally unfair in the first place just because you ran all your heavies out into the middle of the field and tried attacking everyone at once and they all took it personal, but at least the game is finally over and you can go do something more fun by yourself now.
Something like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's