Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Closed Thread

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Torog has disabled reputation
Sunday is the tenth

Just a reminder to any 'scapers in the Tampa/St.Pete area. Buddy Lee has offered to host a gaming session this Sunday. If you can make it please pm him. Thanks.

As adequate as the term couch potato is a more accurate term is cattle. Fat, lazy, and ready to be eaten.

-Max Brooks
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
South Florida Game Day - Feb 29

We've decided to try out a FLGS for a game day here in South Florida. Anyone interested in welcome to join us at War and Pieces (near the I-595 and Turnpike): http://www.warandpieces.net/index.htm

Join us Friday, February 29 (Leap Day) at 6:30 (I'll be there at 5:30 or so to set-up maps). We have 6 committed gamers coming and hope to have a few more--PM me if I can give you more details. We will have some set maps (i.e. ones from Hasbro or the boards here). Tell me which you'd like to see. We will do pre-drafted armies, likely both 400 and 500 point varieties, depending on the maps. (400 points help the games move a bit faster for this more casual play.)

Note: A few of us have kids (you know, the ones the game was originally aimed at ), so be warned if you find that frightening . Seriously, we keep the games balanced and fun for everyone, so come on out. (Also, we chose to try War and Pieces because they are a clean, decent game shop that is family friendly, but also has a good college crowd--its right by Nova and BBC. They don't currently have HS, but are working to try to acquire some they can sell at reasonable prices. Doing our part to help HS reach the masses...)

If I missed any info you'd like to have, let me know. Blue Dane is planning on being there and has an extensive collection (i.e. everything and about 4+ of all commons; check him out in the figure count page) that he is kind enough to lend out to those needing them.

Hope to see everyone who can come out. (If this works well, then we have already chatted with Joey about setting up a tournament, with store prizes and the like.)
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM

GreggP71 has disabled reputation
hello all, new heroscaper from gainesville here, need some folks to teach me the game, asi just got it for xmas, 1st master set, looking to pick up some more expansions,and more terrain, lookingto try to get a weekly or bi weekly game night going..gregg
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
Hey, sorry for the delay, work and school have been nuts. So, megacon, i still need a head count, and i also have no idea where we will be there. I also need help writing a description for scape that will go on the game leaflet. I may give out prizes( if any store near me gets something other the wave 5, they all jsut restocked with on complete box of it). Map wise i got some from the tournament map page of the forums. This will be an informal game, but good advertsing for scape.
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:04 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
My little brother's gong to be here next weekend. Does anyone want to get together at Sci-Fi for some 'scape, then?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
My little brother's gong to be here next weekend. Does anyone want to get together at Sci-Fi for some 'scape, then?
Yes.

If I can get away from work.

What time are we looking at?

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Probably Saturday afternoon/evening. I'll let you know if he's up to it and when I get a better fix on the time.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
megacon update WE ARE DOWN STAIRS in the MAIN gaming area!!!! so we will be very public, just thought it was worth mentoning and who is going i still need a head count.
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Probably Saturday afternoon/evening. I'll let you know if he's up to it and when I get a better fix on the time.
Any updates?

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
Quote:
Any updates?

Buddy Lee
I've got a number of people wanting to go to Hard Knocks for laser tag instead, so we'll be skipping the Heroscape this week. Sorry, Buddy.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
Quote:
Any updates?

Buddy Lee
I've got a number of people wanting to go to Hard Knocks for laser tag instead, so we'll be skipping the Heroscape this week. Sorry, Buddy.
NP. Have fun.

Buddy Lee

Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Syvaris: I could go to MegaCon, and bring my brother and friend, if you for sure have some area reserved for HeroScaping. So which day (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) would we be playing?

And as for something to write for the pamphlet, why not start with: "HeroScape: the Greatest Battle of All Time!" and maybe add:

"For fans of fantasy, fellowship, and fun, HeroScape offers its own world of adventure! Although the characters are not superheroes (exept in the "Marvel" version), they all possess special abilities, which may help their attack, movement, defense, or a number of other possibilities, including their teammates. You build your army consisting of almost any sort of character you can imagine: from knights and dragons to robots and secret agents to aliens, wild west gunslingers, roman gladiators, and elven archers -- this game covers all of space and time! The battlefield itself is also customizable, where you can interlock the "hextiles" into arenas straight from the instructions, or build to your imagination's desire, adding rivers, mountains, castles, and much more!"

Also, Gregg: I am usually in the Gainesville area and am willing to get together for some HeroScape sometime. Send me a Private Message.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers