Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart
Cool The Viper custom creation project

I am a very avid fan of the Vipers, and am extremely disappointed that there are only 4 official viper units. So I searched but could find no viper idea threads, so I made one. The purpose of this thread is to:
  1. Brainstorm ideas/powers/figures for vipers and work to create custom vipers with those powers.
  2. Playtest the Viper units created by this thread and submitted to this thread.
  3. Compile Viper customs made by this thread and other custom makers.
  4. And most important, be a place where people looking for vipers to play with can find Customs that have been worked on and tested, to play with.

Inspiration, ideas.
Come here to make, or get ideas.
Spoiler Alert!

Playtesting: We will use the C3G play test guidelines, as they are very well thought out. These can be found in a thread by Griffin here. I am working on rewriting it to fit in this thread, and to remove some of the stuff not needed, but for the most case, if it don't apply, let it fly. Just mainly go look at the checklist and guidelines part. I am working on a sort of sheet like what they have, but for now, just kind of keep track. You could even use theirs, but then don't email it to them.

Units made :
Spoiler Alert!

Members (Heroscapers who want to work on the Viper custom Project, and are willing to playtest, comment, and work on the powers/figures/ theme of the unit):
Killz
Venom Killed Superman
Carakki
Takanuva
Chardar
Simval
Claws of Death
Rembrant

Those who want to join, just tell me, and I'll add you to the list, I need at least 3 Scapers, any less would be to low to adequately test and work on.

Alright, we have the choice, now we need to work on it.
Current project:
Spoiler Alert!

Please feel free to submit units you have made/pictures of useful figures/useful powers. And feel free to help, or comment.
I hope to get this working, because it would be most excellent to make more vipers.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Last edited by Killz; July 12th, 2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added, fixed, rearanged, more to come.
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:14 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?
Re: The Viper custom creation project

you could make anthromorphic snakes other than vipers, for example a huge sized venoc anaconda, a heavy shock troops styled pythons squad, or have the long-awaited spitting vipers actually be cobras.

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if you've ever actually seen my thread, but I made a custom with the flame serpents you mentioned.

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I don't know if you've ever actually seen my thread, but I made a custom with the flame serpents you mentioned.
Oh cool, I'll look again. I was thinking of a repaint for them.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

This is way too specific. I like the Vipers too, but there is no way you will get a Community project going based on a Race. Now if you want to start a Community Project and do a Viper-themed (Think SoTM) Custom Master Set, you might get some more support. But very few People will get behind a Project with as limited a Scope as this.
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Anthasu, I highly doubt that people wouldn't pitch their ideas just because it's not "general" enough. I'm certainly willing to help a bit with throwing some ideas around, and I doubt making an unofficial Master Set based on Official units would be any fun. If this does fail, feel free to laugh in our face; but for now, please save the cynical comments if you're not also posting to provide ideas.

Ahem.

I've actually created a few Viper units that I WOULD'VE made the sculpt for had I not failed at Apoxie. There's certainly a lot of potential in the vipers, though it'd be tricky to tie them together- only the Armocs bond with the Venoc Warlord, and even that's just "Ullar Warlords."

There was an "Armoc Overlord" that I had made that allowed you to take a turn with a Hero and Viper squad (minus frenzy/bonding) after revealing an OM (instead of taking a turn with said Overlord), giving the Viper Army a bit more of a tactical edge. It also had a Viper "strike" power that allowed it to wound itself then attack after giving an adjacent viper an attack boost.

At least one unit that's created should have an "Enhanced Slither" power that also gives an attack boost if they start their turn on water. There would be a nice trade-off in that- being on lower ground for a turn allows you to strike harder later- very Viper-like.

I had a Wizard Viper that could split its soul and revive Viper Squads. I don't know if it'd fit the barbaric, primitive style of the Vipers, but some sort of Venoc revive power would give an extra umph to viper swarms.

I'm almost tempted to throw in the idea of a Viper Hive- since the Vipers are opposite to the Marro, it would be pretty interesting to have a hive where laid eggs hatch midbattle, but the biological aspects of that might not work.

I'll pitch in a few more ideas later, once my custom making blood starts flowing again.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

I never said anything about not throwing Ideas around. Plenty of people would do that. But from what I gathered he wants to start a dedicated Project Team, which might be tough. I may have misinterpreted his post though.
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Indeed it is a project, but I still don't imagine that it won't get off the group simply because we're making group customs based on a race. They're doing that with Star Wars, and that's survived for over 100 or so pages.

Of course, I do understand where you're coming from: "Why not just make your own viper customs? Why not make it a Master Set?" However, it's more interesting if we don't set limits on what we can make. Or something O.o

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Hi! Lot of good ideas you have! I see that one of your ideas is to make a huge viper... I got one in my thread! Go see My customs and repaints.

Thanks!
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:00 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was reading through the suggestions. I don't think a viper that can only placed in water would work. How many maps have enough water to make such a unit useful. Even worse how many maps have water in the start zone. You would have to do something like AE or retchets. And Athasu1 I think a viper themed custom master set could create a following. Give me some time to think about the water viper.

Old January 27th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

removed. Don't give a child unfettered access to the internet.

Last edited by Alexandros; June 12th, 2023 at 12:12 PM.
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

Feel free at any point to recruit me for this. I have a good deal of experience with creating customs (see link in my signature) and can be particularly useful with rendering actual cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards