Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 9th, 2018, 08:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Two thoughts:

I dropped by a game you were playing and saw an earlier version of this card that had "six-shooter" special attack and I greatly prefer the old name. It was just perfect.

I think this card would be better with no movement synergy.
Old April 9th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Two thoughts:

I dropped by a game you were playing and saw an earlier version of this card that had "six-shooter" special attack and I greatly prefer the old name. It was just perfect.

I think this card would be better with no movement synergy.
Only problem with that name (even though I prefer it as well), is that Pirates didn't have "Six Shooters" which refers to a revolver. They had single or double shot Flintlock Pistols that you had to hand load with more effort than just putting a bullet in a cartridge. I found the name of that power would be a thematic break, would it not?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 9th, 2018, 08:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Oh, if might be a theme break. I'm not a history buff, or a gun buff. But if they didn't have six shooters, he shouldn't be shooting six times.
Old April 9th, 2018, 08:56 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Oh, if might be a theme break. I'm not a history buff, or a gun buff. But if they didn't have six shooters, he shouldn't be shooting six times.
Well...no...not quite. Blackbeard was one of the most famous pirates in history who WAS KNOWN FOR carrying and using 6 Flintlock Pistols in battle. So it's still thematic, just not the name.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape . Ok. I love pirates, and Really love my guns. (Redneck) Here are my 2 cents on your Blackbeard card.
I love the special attack. Its a deadly shot special attack that you get to do alot. I'd limit it to once a round since they are flintlocks and that's a lot of attacks. Think reloading them between rounds. The pirates mainly use swords in their combats and occasionally fire their weapons. Take his normal attack down to 1 range for it being a sword. His same guns can't do that much more damage and using a 1 range sword is more thematic for his normal attack. I don't much care for the name of the second ability. No captain follows his crew. He leads his crew. If you need to have some move bonding allow him to use it before his crew and change the name to something like "Onward ye scurvy dogs" Then it works. Otherwise I like what you've got going here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Well...no...not quite. Blackbeard was one of the most famous pirates in history who WAS KNOWN FOR carrying and using 6 Flintlock Pistols in battle. So it's still thematic, just not the name.
Cool. I learned something about Blackbeard today.
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Might be more intricate than what you're going for, but this was my first thought on how to match mechanics to theme:

Quote:
[DUDE HAS SIX GUNS AND THEY TAKE A SEC TO RELOAD]
Start the game with six grey Flintlock Markers on this card. At the start of each round, you may place a previously removed Flintlock Marker back on this card.

[SPECIAL ATTACK]
Range Whatever. Attack Whatever.
Before attacking with this special attack, you must remove at least one Flintlock Marker from this card. Attack one time for each marker removed.
It's more limiting than even the once-per round version, but you could up the number of reloads each round to let him get markers back slightly faster.

I don't know a lot about the Buccaneers (or C3V generally), but I'd agree with TREX that the "Follow the Crew" special power doesn't feel like a Captain-Crew dynamic.

'Captain' isn't really a personality, is it?
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Might be more intricate than what you're going for, but this was my first thought on how to match mechanics to theme:

Quote:
[DUDE HAS SIX GUNS AND THEY TAKE A SEC TO RELOAD]
Start the game with six grey Flintlock Markers on this card. At the start of each round, you may place a previously removed Flintlock Marker back on this card.

[SPECIAL ATTACK]
Range Whatever. Attack Whatever.
Before attacking with this special attack, you must remove at least one Flintlock Marker from this card. Attack one time for each marker removed.
It's more limiting than even the once-per round version, but you could up the number of reloads each round to let him get markers back slightly faster.

I don't know a lot about the Buccaneers (or C3V generally), but I'd agree with TREX that the "Follow the Crew" special power doesn't feel like a Captain-Crew dynamic.

'Captain' isn't really a personality, is it?
Good ideas...though I know the judges and others in the C3V are not keen on adding more abilities with 'Markers'.

As for the personality...I laughed when you pointed that out. That's a typo, Captain should be in place of Pirate. His personality would be merciless. I'll have to update that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Sir Heroscape . Ok. I love pirates, and Really love my guns. (Redneck) Here are my 2 cents on your Blackbeard card.
I love the special attack. Its a deadly shot special attack that you get to do alot. I'd limit it to once a round since they are flintlocks and that's a lot of attacks. Think reloading them between rounds. The pirates mainly use swords in their combats and occasionally fire their weapons. Take his normal attack down to 1 range for it being a sword. His same guns can't do that much more damage and using a 1 range sword is more thematic for his normal attack. I don't much care for the name of the second ability. No captain follows his crew. He leads his crew. If you need to have some move bonding allow him to use it before his crew and change the name to something like "Onward ye scurvy dogs" Then it works. Otherwise I like what you've got going here.
Great feedback. I was already inclined to agree to make it once per round...so I'm glad you said something. Also...I agree with the Range to 1. I appreciate the explanation too. As for the second power. Ideas on how to word it?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ah, yeah, that direction doesn't quite work if you're trying to streamline and avoid markers. I'd just stick to the once-a-round version then.

Captain as the class does make a lot more sense.
Old April 9th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

For the card itself, I definitely agree that once per round is better (I really like Ronin's idea, but it wouldn't fly in VC), and that the movement bonding seems off. TREX has a good idea in having him move before the Buccaneers take their turn, or you could even just have him move the Buccaneers before he takes his turn (or just have him move Common Rogues on his turn). Range change to 1 is also good. Basically I like what's been said so far.

My main issue with the custom, though, is the figure (I own it and designed my own custom for it, so I've looked at it a lot). First off, the Special Attack is hard to justify when he only has one gun. I get the Blackbeard connection, but it's not connecting with the mini.

Next, he has a big tankard of ale or whatnot that he's drinking, and it seems odd to not have that carry through in the theme of the card somehow. He doesn't look like he's ready to juggle six guns anyway while it's in his hand.

Then there's also his skeleton hand, which is pretty obvious when you have the mini. Blackbeard was in no way famous for having a skeleton hand - you'd think people would have noticed it. While it would work for throwing in some kind of cursed by death power or some such, it doesn't really work for the famous pirate.

And speaking of it being Blackbeard, I'm not a big fan of that choice, though that can be changed easily with a name swap. If you're going to do Blackbeard, I'd prefer a mini that looks more like him (no skeleton hand, and with his iconic dynamite wicks in his beard) and with powers that go more with his frightening personality and tactics, which he was known for more than his blunt force.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I literally modded a reaper figure to be blackbeard to use for my rum and bones game. He was a kickstarter exclusive for r&b season 1. He has a flaming sword, bombs, and dynamite sticks on his person. I do like the special attack. It reminds me of some of the pirates in the Assassin creed black flag game. Blackbeard is in that game too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards