Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old December 5th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
anyone know if these are to scale yet?

I have a friend who works in repo graphics who is willign to print me out a sheet

I d/l the water map should I just tell him to print the file it as is??
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor
anyone know if these are to scale yet?

I d/l the water map should I just tell him to print the file it as is??
No, it's definately not to scale. I'm still upset over it too.

If you print the file as is, the hexes will slowly become bigger and bigger. I have not figured out the correct scale yet, but try to output a section of the the file at 99% and see where that gets you.

I no longer have access to the large-format printer and cannot test this for myself. 'Guess I could open the Illustrator file and measure 20 hexes or so and do the same with the plastic pieces--I just haven't gotten around to it--plus, I don't trust my math.
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM

outtakontroll is surprisingly tart
I tried something similar before but used a different method. I put water tiles on my scanner and pushed the copy button, then cut out a single tile with an xacto knife. It matched up perfectly. If I can find the pic I will upload it. Im sure you could put multiple tiles together and cut out the whole lot of them and glue them down on a board or something.

.............outtakontroll

Edit:

Here are the pics of what I did with a diagram I did real quick in paint. I did 1 with an explanation and posted the original also.

Enjoy.

He who dies with the most toyz winz, But still diez!
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
SHH! Do not mention Those-we-do-not-speak-of!
do you mean the, 2,1,14,5,4 ? or the 1,4,13,9,14,s ?

FINISH HIM!
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:53 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
I cant find the place to find the mats at the download section. can someone get me a link or something.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando
I cant find the place to find the mats at the download section. can someone get me a link or something.
I've removed the maps until I, or someone up to the challenge, can scale the maps correctly. (See the first posting for issues I'm having.)

If you want to take a crack at scaling it correctly, the Adobe Illustrator EPS file can be found here: http://homepage.mac.com/vigprints/FileSharing6.html - file name "watermat_ILLUSTRATOR_EPS.zip"
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:01 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Could just make a cookie cuter like thing to cut blue foam board for water

Your scale issue, you should be able to scale it some how, so that it comes out to be 1" on each hex wall, it is supose to be 1 inch right? my custom plastic hexes worked perfectly at 1 inch .

See if it is off in the X and the Y axis, it might just be your printer, if it was not propperly calibrated...

Alternatively these could be drawn in a true CAD program... and printed perfectly to scale on a plotter.
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Harbinger of Aquilla

By the end of next week, I will fix the scaling issues I've had with my maps and re-post them all. (I had gotten discouraged and needed to step away from the project to clear my head. I tend to over-analyze things.)

Rescaling the maps correctly should not be a problem. My only big set back is that I no longer has access to a large format printer to test distorition over a great length (tiling 8.5" x 11" just isn't acurate), but I'll figure something out.

I will get this done.

teekay
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:03 AM

theats has disabled reputation
how about multiple 8.5 by 11 maps?

Theophilus.
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:37 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
how about multiple 8.5 by 11 maps?
That is what he meant by "tiling". When you print them out and set them down like tiles, the distortion isn't as apparent because there is usually a little error in the matching up of the tiles. When the whole thing is printed in one continuous run, you know it isn't user error, but a file error.

I'll let you know if it happens on 11x17, even though it will only be black and white.
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

Re: Water, Snow, Sand, and blank game mats - UPDATE!

My maps are scaled an 1/8" too big.
12 plastic hexes measure 21". 12 of my printed hexes measure 21-1/8".
21.125" to 21" = 99.4%

If anyone is good at math, please verfiy my answer and that will be the exact size I need to scale my maps and repost all of them!

teekay
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Water, Snow, Sand, and blank game mats - UPDATE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay
My maps are scaled an 1/8" too big.
12 plastic hexes measure 21". 12 of my printed hexes measure 21-1/8".
21.125" to 21" = 99.4%

If anyone is good at math, please verfiy my answer and that will be the exact size I need to scale my maps and repost all of them!

teekay
Well... I get 0.99408284
but 99.4% is probably fine :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles