Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker
Pretty epic 3 on 1

Battle reports aren't really my thing, but last nights battle deserves some mention. We were playing a four way free for all with a random draft. The way we random is that we mix one copy of each of the army cards in a bag and everyone draws cards until they reach 700 points. Then you get rid of what ever you want and then draw from the bag again until you get to 700 points, but then you have to build a 500 point army from that pool and if you have a common army card you can use as many squads as there are available. Okay on the the battle report.

We were playing on a square map with height around the edges of the map and the middle was covered with palm trees, bushes, and 6 random face down glyphs. Also the middle was surrounded by ruins as LOS blockers.

For armies I ended up with:
ROTV Raelin
3x Sentinals of Jandar
James Murphy
Isamu

To my right was:
Major Q9
3x Microcorp Agents

Across the board was:
3x Deathreavers
Nilfheim
Sonlen
Eldgrim

To my left was:
3x 10th Regiment of Foot
Captain America

The insanity of this battle started right away, with Q9 advancing on my starting zone from one side and 10th Reg from the other, but curosity got the better of me and I slowly advanced my Sentinals to the center of the map to check out those glyphs. I ended up getting Common Attack +1 and Defense +2, while in the mean time the Robo rats found 2 Massive Curses which took care of Q9, 1 Microcorp, 1 10th Reg, and 1 Robo rat. I luckily got spared.

The second round I continued to advance my Sentinals and Raelin to the middle of the board and there wasn't really much fighting to note except James Murphy fell to 10th Reg fire. By the end of the round I had obtained bush bonus with all my units and I was careful to keep them where Raelin could see them, so I was rolling at least 8 defense dice for my Sentinals and usually 9 because of the foliage. Which caused the three other players to attack the middle with everything they had.

This assault on the middle lasted the better part of an hour and I had lost 2 Sentinals. In the mean time I was working on keeping Raelin out of sight and hammering away at whatever came in the middle. The Robo rats kept me from really moving at all, but I was able to eradicate them within time and Sonlen, luckily his dragon forgot how to swoop this game. Then finally a squad of Microcorp agents, on height, got sight of Raelin and despite her 6 defense, she fell from one round of fire. In the mean time I sent Isamu on a sucide mission to lay some hurt on Nilfheim, he did nothing and just died. After the fall of Raelin, my Sentinals fell fast, despite still rolling 7 defense dice that counted double.

When I got down to 2 sentinals, the game got really interesting because the allies had to turn on each other. The Microcorps had a nice perch on height and took out most of the 10th Reg, while Nilfheim came in from the other side and cleaned out the rest of the 10th Reg. My Sentinals finally killed the 3 remaining Microcorps on their little perch, but then fell from Nilfheim's icy breath. That left Captain America with one wound against a full health Nilfheim. They went at each other from range for awhile and not much happened, then they engaged and Nilfheim took out Cap.

Okay that sounded less epic, but just imagine Nilfheim, Microcorp Agents, and 10th Reg backed up by Captain America attacking Sentinals of Jandar throwing down 9 defense dice and only 2 of them falling in almost an hour of constant assault.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: Pretty epic 3 on 1

Epic.

Boise ID Scaper
Old September 22nd, 2014, 03:19 AM

Lesur is surprisingly tart
Re: Pretty epic 3 on 1

Sounds pretty cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports