Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 20th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Gonna try and chime in here, as while its been a bit since I've played the games, I have a little bit of familiarity still.

Like looking specifically at Ezio, dude existed across like 3 games, so that's a big arc. Trying to cram all that into one card needs to be a bit more about capturing Ezio rather than all the things he did across that time. Right now you've got like two just kinda, generic assassin-y powers and one leadery power. A majority of his story, if I remember right, is more about the revenge angle than leading the assassins, so a Leadership power feels wrong here.

I'd say, stick to one "Assassin's Creed skills" power (the free running) as that's a unique component of the gameplay and would obviously feel wrong not having.

When you branch past that, make it about how the character plays in the games, or who they are characterization wise. If you try to cram all the tools/gadgets/skills, he's gonna feel overstuffed. There's only one Superman with the Heat Vision special attack, but we change up how it appears on two others, and the rest don't even have it. Assassin's arsenal is super bulky as is. What does Ezio primarily use? What are you most encouraged/most frequently using within his story? Focus on that part. Why is Ezio unique compared to the others? If the majority of his character is about leading the assassin's, then sure, keep that. Then have others have ties to how he leads. Right now, the powers I see there I think could just as easily be slapped on Altair and I wouldn't really bat an eye.

I feel like whichever one is the Assassin in the one where there's like, a legit multiplayer story makes sense as a leader, but again, limited knowledge/recollection.
Old January 20th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, definitely agree the first thing to do would be to put some Leader/Freerunning bonding on an Assassin Apprentice uncommon hero and shore up the Order Leader power.

Quote:
THE ORDER OF ASSASSINS
Whenever a figure you control with the class of Assassin or the Freerunning special power is destroyed, you may immediately move any of your unrevealed Order Markers to this card.
Shortened the last power to this and used the smoothed over freerunning.
Old January 20th, 2022, 07:10 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Alta´r the original Assassin! He is the sort of baseline Assassin, also one of my favorites.

Cinematic trailer - Assassination 101
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
NAME = ALTA¤R IBN-LA'AHAD

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = WISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

ASSASSIN'S SIGHT
Start the game with a red Eagle Vision Marker. Instead of moving normally, you may place the Eagle Vision Marker on this card. While the Eagle Vision Marker is on this card, whenever an enemy figure ends its movement 2 to 8 spaces away from Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, you may immediately move Alta´r up to 2 spaces. If Alta´r receives one or more wounds or if it is the end of the round, remove the Eagle Vision Marker from this Army Card.

HIDDEN BLADE
Once per round, after Alta´r becomes engaged with a figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure for each revealed Order Marker on that figure’s card.

FREERUNNING
Alta´r can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Alta´r, only count one space for every six levels. You may ignore Alta´r's height when moving up levels of terrain and ignore falling damage.
From the AC wikia "Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad (الطائر ابن لا أحد‎, 1165 – 1257) was a member of the Levantine Brotherhood of Assassins who served as their Mentor from 1191 until his death in 1257. During his tenure as Mentor, through the knowledge of an Apple of Eden, Alta´r made several discoveries and inventions that greatly helped the Order's progression. His leadership saw to the spread of the Assassins' influence throughout the Old World."

Painting Guide
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; February 14th, 2022 at 01:29 AM.
Old January 20th, 2022, 07:18 PM

Figured I should really get Altair posted up since he is basically the epitome of what an Assassin should be. A Hidden Blade, the Freerunning, and Eagle Vision, which isn't unique to just him in the games, but he is the first assassin players were exposed to so it is fitting that he has it (none of the other designs do).

On Ezio, I was mildly trying to avoid having two versions earlier, but like I said it is totally justified to have two versions. If folks want the purely out for vengeance II Ezio I'd love to see a design. On this one I'm more going for experienced Faction leader Ezio with all the tools of the trade he acquired along the way. I know Superman has a million powers, but he also has a milliion figures and although we are allowed to resue figures now, I think the Arsenal on Ezio is warranted, I haven't put a ton of different Hidden Blade abilities on the others and don't plan to, so I think this could be part of what makes Ezio the Elder Unique whereas the young one might just have the Dual Hidden Blades.

Last edited by Splash; January 20th, 2022 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 20th, 2022, 07:21 PM

Simple shortening of the Ezio powers, just cutting all the marker wordage.
Quote:
ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Start the game with 3 white Assassination Markers on this card. Instead of attacking, you may remove any number of Assassination Markers from this card. For each marker removed, you may choose one of the following:
• Choose up to two adjacent figures. One at a time, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure, or two if the chosen figure has 1 Life remaining.
• Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. That figure may not move and rolls 1 less defense die for the rest of this player turn.
• Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. That figure receives 1 unblockable wound.
Each option may only be chosen once per game.
I also removed the once per round, so he's a lot more versatile, you could technically do all three in one turn, but the powers vary enough where I don't think it would be smart to. Still would be very handy for if he takes wounds early game.

Ezio's powers are a little squished now, but I think they'd fit.

Last edited by Splash; January 20th, 2022 at 07:42 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2022, 05:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe Altair is the one you start with? I could buy him being an Assassin too, if people want a general AC character in the Assassin web.

Dig everything that's going on there, except maybe Eagle Vision. Doesn't really scan to me as the version from the games, imo.
Old January 22nd, 2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Maybe Altair is the one you start with? I could buy him being an Assassin too, if people want a general AC character in the Assassin web.

Dig everything that's going on there, except maybe Eagle Vision. Doesn't really scan to me as the version from the games, imo.
Cool yeah, I'd definitely rather start with Altair, as I'm more familiar with him, I could see him work as an Assassin too, especially since early in his story he was more about take out the target and less about the Creed. Connor could be Soldier possibly and they would all have different classes.

Eagle Vision could def be reworked into more of a clear sight deal.
Old January 22nd, 2022, 06:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

To me, the key concept behind Eagle Vision is "take your time to plan out your next move." Seeing that combined with some sort of "extra-sensory sight" mechanic seems right on point.
Old January 22nd, 2022, 10:44 PM

Here's a basic idea. I was thinking of giving up move, but X would be more useful, since most of these targets you're going to need to run up to after the pause.
Quote:
EAGLE VISION
Before revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Alta´r, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, any figure within 7 spaces or with at least one unrevealed Order Marker on its Army Card is considered within clear sight of Alta´r.
Uncommon Assassins could have like an Assassin Ambush power where they somehow benefit from being in clear sight or something too on top of the regular bonding with Ezio. I might get that idea down next.

If we wanted more, this might be a lot, but would make sense.
Quote:
EAGLE VISION
Before revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Alta´r, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, any figure within 7 spaces or with at least one unrevealed Order Marker on its Army Card is considered within clear sight of Alta´r. After using Eagle Vision, for the rest of the player turn, when Alta´r attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a destructible object, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or destructible object.
Old January 24th, 2022, 01:44 AM
Just A Head

What about something like this?
Quote:
ASSASSIN'S PLANNING (Not a good name)
Start the game with a red Eagle Vision Marker. Instead of moving normally, you may place the Eagle Vision Marker on this card. While the Eagle Vision Marker is on this card, whenever an enemy figure ends its movement 2 to 8 spaces away from Alta´r, you may immediately move Alta´r up to 2 spaces. If Alta´r receives one or more wounds, remove the Eagle Vision Marker from this Army Card.

HIDDEN BLADE
Once per round, after Alta´r becomes engaged with a figure he did not start his turn engaged with, instead of attacking, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure for each revealed Order Marker on that figureĺs card.

FREERUNNING
Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Alta´r, only count one space for every five levels. You may ignore Alta´r's height when moving up levels of terrain and ignore falling damage.
Old January 24th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Ooh that's cool.
Old January 24th, 2022, 05:27 PM

I think ASSASSIN'S SIGHT would be a cool name, in place of Eagle Vision, otherwise that combo looks awesome, so I can't think of anything I'd change offhand. I'll update.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project