Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old September 4th, 2021, 01:04 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kalagrith Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
I know that "targeting" has come up in some other threads (like Quahon). Are all figures flown over targeted?
“All figures Kalagrith passed over this turn with her Flying special power are affected by Scorched Earth Special Attack.”
My thought on this is that when figures are chosen, not targeted, they do not get some of their special defense. For example the second Mohican hit by Quahon's lightening attack does not get to use "Concealment" since they were not "targeted". So if they are "affected", can they use concealment?
Hmm, I see what you mean.
I would say no since other abilities such as Mimrings Fire Line and Deathwalker 9000's explosion hitting the adjacent figures are worded so that they affect the figures on those spaces and not that they are targetted. Quahon's Special confuses me a more though, where I would say they actually would roll for Concealment there.

“Adapt what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.”
Old September 5th, 2021, 01:37 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Response from a member of the VC Rules Team:

Quote:
No, they are not targeted. No figures are "targeted" with this special attack. They are "affected" though.
Old September 5th, 2021, 07:38 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Response from a member of the VC Rules Team:

Quote:
No, they are not targeted. No figures are "targeted" with this special attack. They are "affected" though.
Thanks!! Just wanted to clear that up before the tournament!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old October 31st, 2021, 07:22 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Prototype Card

“Adapt what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.”

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 8th, 2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old November 9th, 2021, 12:21 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

I actually found it easier to break the figure off the stand instead of the stand off of the base. So I rebased Kalagrith like this instead:

Fits perfectly on a large peanut.

My Maps
Thy Kingdom Come

VCheese II Championship
* Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Sir Gilbert, Knights of Westonx4
* Marro Warriors, Mimring, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Arrow Grutsx6
Boromir96 wins with 65pts (3 Knights and 1 MW) remaining.
The closest of all three VCheese Championships.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 11:36 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I actually found it easier to break the figure off the stand instead of the stand off of the base. So I rebased Kalagrith like this instead:

Fits perfectly on a large peanut.
Definitely looks like she's scorching the Earth here. The face into the ground feels a little weird though.
Old December 8th, 2021, 02:51 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

12/8/21 New Version of Kalagrith.

Please use this version for any playtests moving forward. Thank you
Old December 24th, 2021, 01:36 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just completed a game with the new version of Kalagrith, 4x GSW, and Krav versus 2x Reavers, Sonlen, Tandros, and Q10. Map was thrown together from BftU and RotV featuring Valda and Kelda on edges 7 hexes away from both start zones, and 6 hexes of 4-height in the center bounded by ruins and outcrops, with a smaller 3 hex height closer to the SZs and overlooking the glyphs.

First round opened with Krav taking shots from height (taking out a reaver and putting 3 on Sonlen) while Reavers grabbed Valda. Kalagrith moved in and took out another Reaver with her normal attack (with no excess skulls). Tandros moved up and his attack on Kalagrith didn't do much.

Kalagrith got 4 wounds onto Tandros with her normal. Q10 lobbed wrist rockets at Kalagrith, doing two damage. Kalagrith disengaged and on a 3/4 roll wounded 2 of 4 targets with Scorched Earth. Q10 piled on some more wounds. Kalagrith added on another wound to Q10 and Tandros was taken out by supporting GSW. Sonlen took out a GSW and wounded Kalagrith, taking her to one life left (previously would've killed her).

Krav finished off Q10 to start the next round. Sonlen counterattacked by engaging a Krav close by and knocking off one with a dragon swoop and another with his normal. After a GSW finished him off, it was just a squad of reavers left who killed their points worth but were surrounded and unable to scatter effectively against bonding GSWs.

I think the changes to Kalagrith worked well. I found myself using her normal more, and it was effective in doing big damage to heroes. The extra life also kept her alive in what could've been a tighter game. I think she's best with three squads of GSW since she tends to take damage quicker being on the frontlines. I don't think I've had any games where she died after three squads of GSW had died.

I think the changes suit her well, although with her strong move it's even harder to not outrun the GSW than normal.
Old May 9th, 2022, 12:05 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Anyone try her with Acolarh?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting