Heroscape Map Database

Heroscape Map Database (very much beta)
http://www.jeckels.net/zc/index.php

Submit Maps at
http://www.jeckels.net/zc/submission.php

Search by Tiles you own
http://www.jeckels.net/zc/sets.php

__

Current Features (List needs to be updated)

Main Listing
List can be sorted by alphabetically/numerically by Map Name, Designer Name, Date Added to the Database, Rating, Number of Players, by the number of Heroscape sets in it.
You may click on a Designer's Name, to see a list of only quests by that author.
The Letter list at the top of the page, can isolate Maps that start with that letter.
multiple pages are handled by page controls at the bottom.
The search field at the bottom of the page, allows you to search the maps by Map Name, Designer, Map Description, or Additional Map Credits.
to select a map, you click on the map name
"Breadcrumb" line at the top of the page makes navigation easy.
Picture listings make finding maps easy.

Map Page
Displays all the relevant information neatly for the particular Map that you selected.
Rating Box, lets you rate the map
Lists number of sets needed neatly
Displays a list of "Other maps by this designer" in the bottom right. This list only includes maps in the database.

Search Page
Includes the same search options as on the main listing.
will also be able to search by number of sets from this page - for now, that option is in beta, and is kept here: http://www.jeckels.net/zc/sets.php

Submission Page
A really simple form that makes listing your map really easy.
The data is stored in a holding "table", until I can just check the entry - to make sure it's not spam, or missing something like a download link. If all is well, I simply click a button, and it's all transferred to the main list. It's pretty handy.

Member System
I need to add all the info about the member system here.

__

Planned Features:
Create Scenario Table, and cross it with the Map table - for having the same scenario for different maps, and reversely, different maps for the same scenario.
Formatting Changes, for aesthetics.
Download counter on Map Page (this part is written, just not enabled)
The search page is pretty raw and needs some more detailed results - the same goes for the sets.php page. I intend to make their output results to the main listing eventually, so it works just like the main listing does. For now, it works, but it's raw.

Give it a shot, tell me what you think.

It's in very early stages, but is moving along smoothly.

Original Post:

This is just a sneak preview, as I still have a lot to finish with it, not to mention populating it with data (which I hope others might eventually be able to help with, via the submissions form, although not yet)... But I wanted to get a feel for what people would think about this...

I'm putting together a Heroscape Map Database.

The Heroscape Map Database will be a searchable catalog of custom heroscape maps. It can be sorted in various ways, including alphabetically by Map Name or Designer Name, by the number of sets required to build it, by how many stars it has, etc.. The database also has a full search function.

The most important feature it's going to have, is that you will be able to say "I have X number of RotV sets, and Y number of RttFF sets. What can I build?" And it will give you a list of maps that you make with your collection.

I havent yet implemented all of the features that I have planned (and I have a pretty hefty list planned). Like I said, this is just a preview.

For now, I'm not hosting any pictures or pdfs, because I can't afford to do so. It would kill my bandwidth, and I don't have a lot of dough to drop on foolish hobbies . The database will simply act as a directory.

The submission form is shut off right now, so you can't submit maps quite yet - but soon, after I decide on the formats of some things.

I hope someone else thinks this is a neat idea.

http://www.jeckels.net/zc/index.php

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think this is a fabulous idea! I could see myself using this a often as GaryLASQ's character tables. There are many people on this site who have a similar expertise with online databases, you might send out a call.
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Thsi is a great idea Eckels.

Old March 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I shall now show my gratitude with every positive smily I can find NOTE: my version of positive and your version might be differant
:P
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
I wanted to do this for a long time but do not have the skill to do so. This is wonderful, extremely helpful!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM

Medieval 2 Total War is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy
I shall now show my gratitude with every positive smily I can find NOTE: my version of positive and your version might be differant
What about the uther 3 generals?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") The Bunny Shall Take Over The World!!!!
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM

sarboz has disabled reputation
I like the few maps you posted. I'm a new scaper and don't have a dozen master sets yet like some of the larger scale ones posted in other threads require.

I bookmarked and will be checking it frequently to gather ideas for my own designs.

Cheers.
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
:P
Fixed

Old March 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
This is an awesome project, and one that has been sought after by many for quite some time, including myself. I can't wait to see the finished product. If I can do anything to help, just let me know. Thank you for taking this on! It will be a huge benefit to everyone.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94
Quote:
Fixed

still missing 3!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Forums Good I Has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medieval 2 Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94
Quote:
Fixed

still missing 3!!!
The other 3 suck.

Old March 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM

Muahahahahahahaha

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios