Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old July 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM

ROM has disabled reputation
With me it's not a matter if they are compatible or not (as I believe they are). But, for thematic reasons, I have no desire to mix them. That's simply my personal preference, nothing more.
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
With me it's not a matter if they are compatible or not (as I believe they are). But, for thematic reasons, I have no desire to mix them. That's simply my personal preference, nothing more.
That is something I have absolutely no problem with. Even if all you say is "I just don't like mixing them", that's fine. What I don't get is people saying "they aren't compatible" (implying it won't work even if you want to mix them) but can't or won't give a reason as to WHY it's incompatible. It doesn't upset me or anything - I just don't get it.
Old July 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Well they're free to say that, as well, but they'd be wrong since our test match seemed to show that they work pretty darn well together. I'd like to get in more matches to get an even better feel about their compatibility but it seems pretty safe to say that they fit in very well.
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I think Whytefang would have won if they were compatible...his loss proves without a doubt they are noncompatible.

Just joking... but I think the reason your thread is not getting a ton of attention is because when the site was polled nearly 35 to 40% of all those who voted did not think Marvelscape was a good idea. That cuts your numbers in near half from the beggining. The only reason I stick around anything Marvelscape is to gety a jab in every now and then.
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
I think Whytefang would have won if they were compatible...his loss proves without a doubt they are noncompatible.

Just joking... but I think the reason your thread is not getting a ton of attention is because when the site was polled nearly 35 to 40% of all those who voted did not think Marvelscape was a good idea. That cuts your numbers in near half from the beggining. The only reason I stick around anything Marvelscape is to gety a jab in every now and then.
You do realize the Hulk is a good guy, right? I'm soooooo gonna pwn you at GenCon.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
That makes total sense to me.

Folks that say they are incompatible or not the same game....not so much.
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM

sgbivens has disabled reputation
Having read through these postings here are my thoughts and questions:

I didn't even know there WAS a Marvelscape section of the forums as I surf only the top 4. Ignorant I know, but it's the truth.

Thematically I have never been a 'superhero' kind of guy and I find most of the movies involving superheros only support this idea (though Batman Begins was an excellent file!).

It was noted that the Hulk figure is not large enough. I am certainly no expert on the relative size of Marvel heros. But if there is a size discrepancy doesn't this lend itself do some degree of incompatability?

In the end I have ordered a Marvelscape set and we will play test it ourselves. I have enjoyed reading the posts.

Regards,
sb
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbivens

I didn't even know there WAS a Marvelscape section of the forums as I surf only the top 4. Ignorant I know, but it's the truth.

Thematically I have never been a 'superhero' kind of guy and I find most of the movies involving superheros only support this idea (though Batman Begins was an excellent file!).

It was noted that the Hulk figure is not large enough. I am certainly no expert on the relative size of Marvel heros. But if there is a size discrepancy doesn't this lend itself do some degree of incompatability?

In the end I have ordered a Marvelscape set and we will play test it ourselves. I have enjoyed reading the posts.

Regards,
sb
The size issue is just amatter of perception. It has no impact on gameplay really...he is priced accurately for his size.

Some folks just think he should be taller and perhaps "large" class based on the comic illustrations. That's all. A flavor thing.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:05 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
I tried out my first game with the marvel figs today. We had some random 400pt drafted armies (from the draft wizard) and then picked up to 370pts worth of marvel figs to add to our set. Having them mixed in was very interesting, and was a blast to play. I was worried the marvel figures would dominate the game, making the rest of them obsolete, but that was not the case. Also, I have a new huge respect for captain america, who rocked hardcore this game with his shield throw attack and his high defense.

If anyone is still on the side of "don't mix marvel with classic," I would advise you to give it a try. Definately one of the most fun games I've played.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:07 AM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Captain America I think is almost broken when combined regular Heroscape. A great special attack, counterstrike, decent stats, and can boost the stats of other units, even ranged squads
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbivens

Regards,
sb
The size issue is just amatter of perception. It has no impact on gameplay really...he is priced accurately for his size.

Some folks just think he should be taller and perhaps "large" class based on the comic illustrations. That's all. A flavor thing.
It really is a matter of perception. I personally think his size is right on. I never did like the "growing" version of Hulk. And to think he should be close to the size of Krug is way off. I will post a pic with Hulk next to Spidey tomorrow...unless someone beats me to it.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
I agree that Hulk is the right size - he looks like a beast next to the other Marvels, and no one knows how tall Krug should be, anyway, so how can you make that kind of comparison?

With only 10 figures, I think Marvel-only battles will get sort of stale, so mixing with regular HS or creating your own customs is the way to go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion