Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker
The Disciplined Soldier's Armies

Ok, instead of me making a new thread when ever I have an army idea I just going to put it up on this thread. This'll keep their from being a ton of threads under my name, and now there shall be just one definitive thread for me. I'm just trying to keep the boards clean.
Previously I tried to come up with a scout army and failed spectacularly: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=36794 I'm going to revisit this idea with a revamped base of units to pull from. This is my newest idea:

2x Venoc Vipers 80 pts.
1x Wolves of Badru 80 pts.
2x Omnicron Snipers 200 pts.
Venoc Warlord 120 pts.
480 pts.

This is based off 500 points, which I believe is the standard army size nowadays. If I'm wrong let me know.

Other units I thought of using:
1x Water Elemental
1x Fyrolag Spiders
Estivara
1x Wyvern
1x Armoc Vipers
Theracus
2x White Wyrmling
1x Air Elemental

I'm also kind of wondering if the Viper base and Wolves of Badru would make this a good subject for a Relentless Army with the Darklord guy and Anubian Wolves, while dropping the Snipers.
Thoughts or ideas?

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Disciplined Soldier's Armies

It's always good to have 'scout' groups, I've had a lot of success with the Airborne Elite (the Drop is just killer, and grenades are good for the start of a game) and the Deathstalkers (MAUL. #giantkiller) But of course, most groups, especially scout-type groups, are usually short-lived. A couple solid heroes always come in handy when making an army that will last.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
A couple solid heroes always come in handy when making an army that will last.
By the way, I wouldn't count the Venoc Warlord as a "solid" hero. Although his Scout Leadership helps A LOT with scout-type armies, he's got a pretty sub-par defense of 3. I usually turn to Sgt. Drake from SotM, although no benefit for scouts, he has a little higher of a defense (4), killer attack of 6, thorian speed, and Pistol Fire special attack for when you need range in a pinch.
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... Would I be correct in guessing that you, (like myself), do not have 3x everything?
If you're using Snipers, make sure you have something in your army that can keep your opponent's figures from walking right up to them.
If you're using Vipers, you need a LOT of vipers. Or, if you have Romans, you could try:

Vipers x2 80
Romans x2 180
Marcus Decimus Gallus 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Krav Maga Agents 500/19hexes

Not the most powerful build, but has lots of interesting synergies. Basically, you rush out early with the vipers, then advance with the Krav, using the Romans as a screen.

@El_T-Steff:
Quote:
(MAUL. #giantkiller)
How do you get this?
Maul only works on small or medium figures. Also, while Drake 2.0 is nice, he also costs 50 points more than the Venoc Warlord. That can make it harder to fit him into some builds.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
@El_T-Steff:
Quote:
(MAUL. #giantkiller)
How do you get this?
Maul only works on small or medium figures. Also, while Drake 2.0 is nice, he also costs 50 points more than the Venoc Warlord. That can make it harder to fit him into some builds.
Heh. I pretty much meant that figuratively. Like reaally reaally tough opponents. Probably should've worded that different, I suppose.

And I will also admit that I hadn't factored in the points. Man, I am not on my game. But I think it'd be worth the extra power from Sgt. Drake to drop the Wolves and add the White Wyrmling.
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:16 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Hmm... Would I be correct in guessing that you, (like myself), do not have 3x everything?
If you're using Snipers, make sure you have something in your army that can keep your opponent's figures from walking right up to them.
If you're using Vipers, you need a LOT of vipers. Or, if you have Romans, you could try:

Vipers x2 80
Romans x2 180
Marcus Decimus Gallus 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Krav Maga Agents 500/19hexes

Not the most powerful build, but has lots of interesting synergies. Basically, you rush out early with the vipers, then advance with the Krav, using the Romans as a screen.

@El_T-Steff:
Quote:
(MAUL. #giantkiller)
How do you get this?
I like that and have all of those units. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes your right, I have mostly just 1x for most commons, and 2x for a few.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion