Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old June 29th, 2020, 11:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Awesome! Updated.
Old September 11th, 2020, 04:21 AM

teegz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've been trying to print using the filed indexed, but they're coming out tiny...
Old September 11th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegz View Post
I've been trying to print using the filed indexed, but they're coming out tiny...
Scale 2540%

The models are in inches, not mm.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 02:54 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thought I'd share this with those of you who have a 3-D Printer. It's a kickstarter (for the print files only, so you'll need to print them yourself) that offers up some 28-32mm Hex based terrain files. It's based in Sweden, but since it's just the files I'm not seeing how that would be a problem (other then trying to figure out the exchange rate). Not sure if anyone would be interested in it, but if nothing else maybe you'll see something to inspire you to make your own files.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 12:06 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thought I'd share this with those of you who have a 3-D Printer. It's a kickstarter (for the print files only, so you'll need to print them yourself) that offers up some 28-32mm Hex based terrain files. It's based in Sweden, but since it's just the files I'm not seeing how that would be a problem (other then trying to figure out the exchange rate). Not sure if anyone would be interested in it, but if nothing else maybe you'll see something to inspire you to make your own files.
There are a also lot of free opensource files for dungeon tiles on thingiverse and other sites.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 01:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I think the appeal for some people is to just have one designer make a huge set that you know will all interact well with and be scaled to match each other rather then mix and matching random stuff that might not be as clean once put together. Or they just like the theme and it's a theme they didn't see elsewhere. I don't think this cave set really hits that note, lots of caves/dungeon themed stuff out there to find. But if someone made like a South West themed set with lots of different cacti, a gold mine, and a small wild west themed town I could see my self wanting it.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 01:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

There's been a bit of modeling going on with Art, Erik and I. Some desert terrain has been toyed with along with a variety of others. We could take requests but I've had no input from C3V or the like as yet.

There are western or Wild west models for train use which could be scaled easily as well. The best ones aren't free of course.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 2nd, 2020, 02:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Don't do anything on my account. I maintain this thread but I haven't touched my printer in a long, long time. Wasn't overly impressed with the one I got and haven't upgraded. I was using the Wild West idea as an example (although it is one I'd be into). Like I'd also think an Egyptian themed set would go over well too (I made Egyptian themed custom terrain years ago after all). A Samurai themed set would be cool too. That's the kind of stuff I personally might splurge on and pay for a big set of download files. Basic trees, rocks, dungeon dressings, etc. and a dime a dozen though so I'd just look for free down loads of that kind of stuff and mix and match.
Old October 7th, 2020, 08:21 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

I'm going to second Yodaking's point that if Wild West themes were introduced, I would also be excited for!
Old October 9th, 2020, 03:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I've always wondered why C3V never wanted to take advantage of the 3d printing for a custom set of scape terrain that is released. There is literally endless possibilities for it. I like you guys ideas for the wild west, samurai playground, etc. I play my gridless format now and just use whatever I want, but I still think it would be cool if it was done regardless. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 9th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I've always wondered why C3V never wanted to take advantage of the 3d printing for a custom set of scape terrain that is released. There is literally endless possibilities for it. I like you guys ideas for the wild west, samurai playground, etc. I play my gridless format now and just use whatever I want, but I still think it would be cool if it was done regardless. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
It's been somewhat discussed though only more recently has 3D printing been something viable for mass release as more and more people are getting printers but yeah they're very focused on creating figures.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 31st, 2020, 03:31 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

I very much want to thank everyone for all the hard work they've put in to collect all these .stl files! I've had my 'Scape on the shelf for a long time and I'm glad to be able to dust it off with a slightly expanded collection

I'm off to a good start!

I have an Ender 3 V2
0.4 mm nozzle
Cura 4.7

I use a variety of profiles I got from Fat Dragon Games (excellent setup and resource BTW)

I print the terrain tiles upside down- it really limits the amount of supports needed. I successfully printed the single hex tiles upright without supports but it had enough stray filaments that the cleanup didn't save me any time.

The actual lava tiles are right-side up with supports- it's the only way to get the glossy sheen on them. Face-down saves filament but gives you a grainy texture where it touches the buildplate.

The tiles themselves have a much looser fit tolerance. They don't really grip each other very tightly. For example, one tile doesn't fix another tile in place but if you have a tile gripped on two sides it won't fall away. I'm not sure this is a problem worth fixing. I have OEM tiles that are so tight that it's all you can do to just separate them. I did have one lava tile misprint (disconnect and readhere to buldplate) and the resulting 0.5 mm offset makes it grip other tiles pretty tightly.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing