Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Rocktrolls Customs - Exclusive's repaints

First I want to say thanks to the very cool people here at Heroscapers who always help out with good advice and are happy to answer my MANY questions on how things are done and what should I do to get X result.

After seeing so many great customs on these boards, I was inspired to try doing some of my own ( or copies of others great ideas)

January

Repaired and Repainted Flag bearer with crest
Spoiler Alert!

Completed Paint Rack
Spoiler Alert!

Exclusive Repaints
Spoiler Alert!

Replacement Wing
Spoiler Alert!

Ghost Clones
Spoiler Alert!

Sacred Band Clone
Spoiler Alert!

Random Pictures
Spoiler Alert!

NCP Kobold custom figure
Spoiler Alert!

October

Mossman's Wall
Spoiler Alert!

June

Sea Monster
Spoiler Alert!

April

Undead Roman squad
Spoiler Alert!

Sniper Sam
Spoiler Alert!

Lost statue
Spoiler Alert!

Evil Statues
Spoiler Alert!

March

I have a couple of projects going on at the same time, and never enough time to do them, which is good because it means I always have something to do once I get home after work.

Shipwreck
Spoiler Alert!

Micheals Bird House Tower - Dice Tower
Spoiler Alert!

Paint Display Ramp
Spoiler Alert!

- Completed stuff -

Zetacron Clone
Spoiler Alert!

Microcorp Agents
Spoiler Alert!

Omnicron Repair
Spoiler Alert!

Jan

Gnid / Phemora repainting guide
Spoiler Alert!

December

Zetacron Wreckage

Spoiler Alert!

November

Sir Denrick's shield

Spoiler Alert!

Dwarven Captain, or Sargent or Rune Lord or something....

Spoiler Alert!

Gnids
Spoiler Alert!

ZOMBIES!!

Spoiler Alert!

* Cross fingers *
Spoiler Alert!

Finally found the Exact plants from the Ticalla Jungle!!
Spoiler Alert!

October

Tree Folk / Treants

Spoiler Alert!

Elentar the Cloud Champion / Mage Knight Skyguard Griffon

Spoiler Alert!

September

New jungle terrain ( Statues! ) !!

Will post details later

Spoiler Alert!

And 2 more squads of Aubriens

August

Armoc Vipers
Spoiler Alert!

Marro Hound Replacement
Spoiler Alert!

July

Greenstuff and Instant Mold

I decided to try out these two products, I bought in total around 8 feet of Greenstuff ( $17 per 36 inches) and instant mold ($14 )

Most of the units I still want are going for about $15-$26 each on ebay and online so decided to go ahead and start making them.

So far I have been able to make 12 spiders, 13 dwarves, 1 Sacred Band, 2 Gladiatrons and 4 Aubrien Archers. Ill post pictures of them soon. This method is not too hard but takes a very long time to do.

These are my current projects ( too many at once!! )

Dwarves
Spoiler Alert!

Ashigaru
Spoiler Alert!

Spiders
Spoiler Alert!

Aubrien Archers
Spoiler Alert!

Gladiatrons

Spoiler Alert!

Sacred Band

Misc -Drow -Zombies - Wolves
Spoiler Alert!

May

Anatomy of a Jungle
Adventures Welcome!!! Explore the hot, humid, miserable, mosquito infested, leech filled, malaria spreading wonders of Ticalla Jungle!
Can’t wait to jump in now right?

Originally costing $20 this Terrain expansion set was not only picked up by Heroscapers but other table top gamers for the cool scenery that it included. At $20 it was a great price considering the other limited options out there.
Buying a Ticalla Jungle set now is expensive; you can still find them often but in the $70-$90 range. Several Scapers on this board have made their own jungle sets and provided useful guides on what materials they used and how they pieced them together. Great guides and you should defiantly check them out if you have not before.
Using a lot of tips and advice from these guides I decided to do my own take on this fun expansion set and these are the results;

If you’re interested in how I made these and what I used, read my guide below and let me know what you think, positive criticism is always welcome and encouraged!

Materials Used
Spoiler Alert!

Putting together the jungle
Spoiler Alert!

Mar

Hydra with removable Heads ( magnetized)

Spoiler Alert!

Feb
Mage knight Giant to Classic Giant
Spoiler Alert!

How I modified the MK Giant to a Classic D&D Giant
Spoiler Alert!

Shades of Bleakwood proxies
Spoiler Alert!

How I painted the Shades of Bleakwood proxies
Spoiler Alert!

Iraq 2008-2009
Spoiler Alert!

2008 Projects
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Rocktroll; March 26th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
WOW - great repaints and customs, they rock, I love the new knights, so cool to be able to field different looking knights - I really like them..
The marro on the skeleton- elephant just rocks, even with the bad lighting I want one - you gotta make up a custom for that. I would like to see him by Stompy to compare size. He could have the stomp special ability, a tusk attack special, and a regular ranged attack - thanks for posting!!!!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Nicely done - great match for the HS color scheme!

That Marro with the gun on the war elephant look brutal!
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thanks guys, Ill take better pictures of them today and repost them.

The colors on the elephant where easy to do. I used games workshop colors.

First a base coat of rotting flesh ( a kind of bone yellow looking color)
Then a wash of brown ink ( I use magic wash, thats 1/4 of future floor wax with 3/4 of water) Helps the colors sink into the model better.

I dont even have a name for this guy yet, or a card. Just saw Justjohn's repaint and went OOH I want one !!. Ill post one standing next to another figure soon as I take a picture
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great job! I like the repaint on the Kahn (you got a great deal for $2)!

Thanks for posting the pics.

Newb.
Old December 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM

shadowpie has disabled reputation
I really want one of those squads of knights!!! They look better than the real knights of weston!

captain macmillan rules!
(call of duty 4)
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:33 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Outstanding repaint on Hawthorne. You can't tell the difference from the real deal.

Those Knights and Flagbearer are top notch man. Great job
Old December 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

I had a blast doing the Sir H repaint, in fact if any one is interested in me repainting one for them give me a PM

Ill do it for almost free! ( well I would have to pay shipping and I would need you to send me the model since I dont have any spares) but other then that, thats pretty much it

As for my knights, wish I could find where the heck I left my old warhammer decals so I can decorate their shields.
Old December 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Hasbro should hire you to do wave 10.

Old December 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
This was a pleasant surprise, I opened this thread thinking it was a misnamed thread about repaint lavagolems (stone golems) and was excited when I saw some major kitbashing going on. Love the orc, he looks brutal.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
Dude, I love the mammoth-mounted marro gunner! Do you know if they still sell those Yu-Gi-Oh! figures? I feel like I saw them at some point in time at Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us, but that stuff changes all the time. I might make my own and come up with a custom card if you don't :P
That rhino is ridiculously huge, but I suppose you could call it "genetically enhanced" or something I've got my own copy of Battlemasters, and we haven't played it since I was a little kid. If my dad isn't emotionally attached I'll have to repaint, possibly hack up the pieces and see what kind of customs I can come up with. First I need spare Heroscape bases, though... I really must get a second Master Set one day but I can't quite afford it at this time.
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Thanks for the kind words

First, the marro elephant is actualy a creation of Justjohn's. You can see his custom here;
Justjohns Customs

The rhino I want to do is inspired by Kings_Knight rhino;
Kings_Knight Customs

For the marro, I looked up Yu-gi-oh mammoth on ebay and found it for $.99

On the battlemasters, you grab the man at arms, grind him on a sidewalk ( I didnt have any cutting tools) till you reach his belt, carve the little bit of shield you have left, and break off the small bar holding his legs together.

As for the knights, carve off this legs, and waist, shave off his plume, and remove his right arm. You will need to find an arm off another willing soldier , glue it all together. I used a small strip of epoxy to make a belt for them so you cant see the mismatched waist.

Easy as hell to paint, black undercoat + one coat of silver + one black wash.

Marine blue for their shields and your done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions