Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old February 26th, 2021, 04:35 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Durnipia (Kiora, the Rising Tide) - Design?

Aquilla all the way
Old February 26th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In for Aquilla
Old February 26th, 2021, 05:09 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm fine with Aquilla or Ullar.
Old February 26th, 2021, 08:12 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aquilla seems like the best fit for what we're going for. Sits alongside water elementals too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
That's a long list.

Anagraming Daphne works good for me. Padneh?
Padneh sounds good! Some other options could be Phande, Nephda, Dhanpe, Ahdnep, Ephand, Dephna. Loads of others we could likely come up with too.
Old February 27th, 2021, 11:44 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Padneh reminds me too much of Padme from Star Wars, especially when spoken out loud. Particularly when there's so many other good options to choose from.

I'm not sure an anagram of Daphne is necessary or likely to produce the best outcome, but of the options presented I prefer Dephna or Nephda.
Old February 27th, 2021, 12:49 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Padneh reminds me too much of Padme from Star Wars, especially when spoken out loud. Particularly when there's so many other good options to choose from.

I'm not sure an anagram of Daphne is necessary or likely to produce the best outcome, but of the options presented I prefer Dephna or Nephda.
Is this really an issue though? We already ripped "Tetsuo" directly out of Akira.

I like Padneh, but Nephda seems fine as well.
Old March 4th, 2021, 06:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Padna feels/sounds better to me.
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:09 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Is this really an issue though? We already ripped "Tetsuo" directly out of Akira.
For what it's worth, Tetsuo is a direct reference to one of the most influential Cyberpunk works. Tetsuo is also an actual name that several characters and people have used (the one from Akira is also far less recognizable in the cultural lexicon than Padme, IMO).

I don't see a similar thematic relationship between Padme and an aquatic nymph, and as original fantasy names, I'm more sympathetic to the concern of one accidentally sounding derivative of the other.
Old March 9th, 2021, 06:33 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What were everyone's thoughts on a name here? Padna, Padneh, and Nephda all seem to be in favour. If anyone else has any other ideas please do share them!

Padna seems like a good middle ground to what people seem to like so far without it sounding too much like Padmé. I'm personally not fussed about it sounding like Padmé but if others are concerned we can go with something else.
Old March 9th, 2021, 06:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Padna sounds good to me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 10th, 2021, 06:47 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Voting for Padna
Old March 10th, 2021, 08:23 PM

I see Padna I read Panda lol.

I think we may be limiting ourselves unnecessarily by trying to force her name to be an anagram of Daphne.

How about something completely different?

Seriphel? Valithel? Hyllenia? The options are endless.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs