Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Edge0001 has disabled reputation
HeroScape Automated Battle Rules

Ahoy Mateys,

It took me a several good weeks of writing and testing, but I’m finally ready to post!

This PDF contains all you need to play an Automated Battle of HeroScape.
Yup, that’s right – automated. As in one or more armies playing without a player. (And they play pretty decently, I might add).

I’ve been wanting to do one thing since I began playing HeroScape: Play cooperatively.
Not just on teams against one another, but with all of my friends together collaborating against a common enemy. Now that’s fun!

With these rules, you’ll be able to play cooperatively against a massive legion of foes. Or, if you’re feeling anti-social, you can play a solitaire game against a massive legion of foes!

As the soul of HeroScape is fast and fun, I tried very hard to make these rules as uncomplicated as possible, yet still yield a semblance of intelligence. I think it worked out, but I’ll let you guys be the judges of that.

Please, download the document and check it out! I hope you’ll find it as fun to play as I did to make it!

DOWNLOAD RULES HERE
DOWNLOAD CARD TEMPLATES HERE

Last edited by Malechi; December 29th, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the Site! Looks very interesting. I'll give them a read over the weekend.

Newb.
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I deleted your other thread. No need for duplicates. Correction, I deleted BOTH your other threads.
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Rhetoric has disabled reputation
Wow. I just took a quick look and am impressed with the amount of work you put into writing up the rules. I'll look forward to reading them this weekend to see how they work.

If these work well, I will be in your debt because I have no one except my 4 year old to play with over the summer.... Thanks for the effort!
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Edge, this looks very nice. Great layout on the rule book.
I will definetely give this a try.
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
LA as in Los Angeles or Louisiana?
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
this sort of reminds me of my newest scenerio.
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM

Edge0001 has disabled reputation
Thanks for the support guys!

Last night I tested a massive 800 versus 500 point game. Two players of 250 points each versus two 400 point automated armies.

All I can say is: Wow what a game! It must have been my rolls, but the automated enemies were downright evil.

It came down to one enemy army (Mimring) versus two of my armies (Sir Dendrick and Knights of Weston). Everytime I'd get close to that dragon, he'd back up and blast the knights with his Fireline. Finally, with a fully healthy Mimring versus a wounded Sir Dendrick and two knights, the beast finally wend down. Shew! It was a nail-biter.

So it seems the more I test the rules, they seem to stand up to play. Although the Checking for Targets might seem tedious, you get into the swing of it pretty rapidly. I find that if each player takes care one enemy army - to roll for their initiative, targeting, and movement - things go much faster.

So, I say again, try things out and let me know what you think!
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
This is a really cool idea.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The PDF download isn't working for me. I am very interested in these rules, but can't get them to work. Anyone have this who could send it to me via email?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I'max - this didn't work for me yesterday, but did today.

Edge - I haven't read this over, but on first glance this looks really good. I'll give more feedback later when I've read it over.

Visually, this is a booklet designed to look just like any of the official booklets and Edge did a good job of it.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I just tried them out for the first time today, and it ended quickly for me. I easily wiped the floor with the automated side, but that's probably because I didn't have enough units. The biggest problem I had was that my enemies would rush up and attack, then the next round all their order markers went to inactive units in the back that just wandered around while their comrades in front got slaughtered. Perhaps a rule where engaged units are given first priority when placing order markers could be developed. Something like roll the 20 sided die if there are any automated units engaged. On a roll of 7 or higher, only the army cards with engaged figures on them are counted when rolling which order marker to put on which card. Although correct me if I'm wrong and overlooked something like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions