Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 17th, 2019, 04:11 PM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart
Master set 1, 2019 ? what would you want to see ?

Good morning everyone.

Quick question :

If you were asked what armies would you want to see, and feel like it's a good balance for the master set #1; which one would have you picked ?

Or would have you kept the same one ?

Do you think the Master set 1 was properly balance for a first box ?

I'm working on making a new "master set" box for a friend who want to start; since so many units exist now, I'm curious to see which one you might think would be a better fit.

Thanks !
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Master set 1, 2019 ? what would you want to see ?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2019, 05:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that Rise of the Valkyrie was just about a perfect introduction to the game. It included a good amount of terrain (perhaps it could've used a couple extra line-of-sight blockers, but the two ruins work well enough), lots of interesting scenarios, and a great mix of Unique units.

Pretty much the only things that I think could've been improved were that the master set doesn't acquaint the player with Common units (Swarm of the Marro does a better job of that, although it isn't really a problem unless you intend to buy the smaller expansions anyway), and it has Grimnak specifically calling out units that aren't in the set in one of his powers. Both of these problems could be solved by adding in a squad or two of Blade Gruts to the pack, although that might then upset the balance of the group more. One of the strengths of RotV, in my eyes, is how there are no "designed" armies in the box. Everything is just drafting stuff that you think might work well together.

Also, Raelin of course should've been heavily adjusted in price, but that only really becomes crystal clear when you throw Common units into the mix. If the set were to be released today, I'd still like to see her cost at least 40 points more, but that's more of a problem with her design than the Master Set itself.

Now, if we're talking about what we think could get released today (there's no way we'd see RotV release for $50 again with how much plastic it contains) or the best "Master Set" compilations to introduce people to other aspects of the game such as VC, that's a different topic altogether. In an ideal, classic-only world, I think that Rise of the Valkyrie is basically the perfect starter set.
Old March 17th, 2019, 06:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d just add in the Elite Onyx Vipers and Kaemon Awa and I think that you’d be perfect.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:06 PM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart

Kaemon Awa, my fav overall <3
Old March 18th, 2019, 02:53 PM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart

Just add all of Mallidons prophecy so that there is a taste of common squad building and a slightly more refined idea of synergy based armies. Mittens for example. He is all around and he can move through water. Marcus can enhance the Airborne elites. The only reason I think this sounds feasible is people buy more than 1 MS of both HS or Aotp for a plethora of reasons. Two come to mind. 1. More terrain which is a plus. and 2 . more minis and more components to play with a larger group of people. Personally , I haven't played an 8 player free for all but it sounds nice. Maybe an orms return as well? Maybe merge Orms return and Wave 1 as one box kind of like battle for Zendikar except better and have a discounted bundle edition or something.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No Krug? Krug is the best of Valhallascape.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
No Krug? Krug is the best of Valhallascape.
Oh please. If i Was a game dev would I put All my S-Tier units in 1 box? We all had to wait for the painful screen that was the deathreavers and the All-Rounder with healing that is Sonlen. Krug gets more broken the more you play him. fielding krug is like a opening a pack of pokemon cards. You cant wait for what surprises lie ahead. Imagine the sheer glee of finding a super rare and not expecting it. Imagine how much Krug changes battles by smacking Kravs upside the head with a comically oversized meat cleaver. You'd have players Overjoyed to have that kind of game-breaking power at all let alone in a Starter Set . Krug Should be bought.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:46 PM

I mean, maybe the entire starter set should just be Krug? Rebrand the whole game. Krugscape.

Old March 18th, 2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I mean, maybe the entire starter set should just be Krug? Rebrand the whole game. Krugscape.
While you quite possibly may have gone mad with power, you just gave me a really good idea.They should make uncommon krugs that are slightly nerfed ones that pale to the original or smaller little krugs with 3/4s of the originals stats and name them something spiffy like kruglings and have them be a common squad. He can buff them up the way Grimnak buffs orcs.

Old March 18th, 2019, 05:26 PM

Heh. Kruglins. You have Krug Jr., Krugette, and Kruggy.

Old March 19th, 2019, 12:17 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Heh. Kruglins. You have Krug Jr., Krugette, and Kruggy.
Don't forget Krughilda and Kruggy Doo to go with Kruggy. With my dice rolling Mr Krugoo would be appropriate.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion