Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battleship Galaxies

I recommend Twilight Imperium 2nd edition. Much cheaper than the current version, plays faster, and has more combat and more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

[B]Quozl:[/B] The Twilight Imperium (and Expansions) I have is the Third Edition. Are you saying that the Second is better than the Third?

Last edited by chas; August 5th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It depends on what you want. If you want an all-out battle, 2nd edition is better. If you like the cold war feel, then 3rd edition is better. Personally, I prefer the 2nd edition (and it's quicker too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Firestorm Armada, Full Thrust, Silent Death, Starmada, A Call to Arms: Noble Armada, and 5150: Star Navy are all space ship combat games focused mainly on the battles, with varing degrees of size and scale.
Old January 27th, 2014, 12:52 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Would love to see some quality customs for this game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 27th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I was thinking that the other day. It would require a lot of work though because of the decks of cards associated with the fleets.
Old January 29th, 2014, 10:50 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
I was thinking that the other day. It would require a lot of work though because of the decks of cards associated with the fleets.
It's a pretty big project, but it can also go step for step. If you are flexible about it, you can consider the cards to work for all factions and use the existing cards to test a new faction's ships. Then you can use the existing ships to test a new faction's cards. Then you can test the new faction's ships and cards together.

I don't have the possibility to playtest at the moment (not enough gamers who speak English here and i haven't had time to translate everything), but I've been doing work on a Star Wars custom expansion with 4 factions. Of course, playtesting is the king to tell if it's good work or not, but I've tried to keep in line of the original (relatively limited) canon and power range.

Thus far I've got ships for 4 factions finished (still working on launch cost) and have ideas for the cards. The project has been on hold for a while, but if someone would like to take a look, I could see if I could load some of it.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:15 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
It's a pretty big project, but it can also go step for step. If you are flexible about it, you can consider the cards to work for all factions and use the existing cards to test a new faction's ships. Then you can use the existing ships to test a new faction's cards. Then you can test the new faction's ships and cards together.

I don't have the possibility to playtest at the moment (not enough gamers who speak English here and i haven't had time to translate everything), but I've been doing work on a Star Wars custom expansion with 4 factions. Of course, playtesting is the king to tell if it's good work or not, but I've tried to keep in line of the original (relatively limited) canon and power range.

Thus far I've got ships for 4 factions finished (still working on launch cost) and have ideas for the cards. The project has been on hold for a while, but if someone would like to take a look, I could see if I could load some of it.
That sounds way cool.

--
--
--

--
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a sample. I'll see about uploading the rest, but it might have to wait a few days.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Those are pretty cool. You should start a thread when you have time to upload the others.

--
--
--

--
Old January 30th, 2014, 12:23 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice work, Tai-Pan. +rep.

I can see how determining launch cost would be tricky. Especially on the 4-ship squadron. Good luck!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old February 1st, 2014, 05:36 AM

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...80#post1908480

Jugger

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games