Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 5th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Boadgame Christmas List

I've seen Quarriors mentioned...ugh.

If you've never seen King of Tokyo, you need to look at it, especially if you're inexplicably fond of Quarriors. This is WAY better in the same genre. And way cheaper.

http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2...nny-robot.html

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I've seen Quarriors mentioned...ugh.
That's cool you don't care for it SuperFly, but we're allowed too. My kids love it.

As for KoT, I don't care for the theme, so I'm steering clear.

-insert signature here-
Old November 5th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

You don't care for big monster theme? I thought everyone likes Godzilla.

It's a hell of a game, and it's good for kids through adults. I don't like Quarriors because it really has no real decisions in it; it's a bit of a "chuck dice, autopilot" game. There's plenty who like it, and you're welcome to like it, but there's a lot who don't too. And that's OK too.

I never said you "CAN'T LIKE IT".

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:01 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Dungeon Run is probably the only one for this Christmas - ST:TOR is eating up part of my X-mas budget and Josh is saving for a new comp so cash is most of his.
I give up, what is ST:TOR? I tried BGG for Star Trek and Starship Troopers but didn't see anything that fit.

Edit: Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm hoping to receive at least one version of Lego: Heroica this holiday season. It looks fun, though I've heard it's pretty basic.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Dungeon Run is probably the only one for this Christmas - ST:TOR is eating up part of my X-mas budget and Josh is saving for a new comp so cash is most of his.
I give up, what is ST:TOR? I tried BGG for Star Trek and Starship Troopers but didn't see anything that fit.

Edit: Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Lol, yeah the new MMO (sorry about the bad typing, understand your confusion) - since I'm getting that and Josh is getting cash won't be getting lots of board games other than hopefully Dungeon Run.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

And here I thought my list was relatively short... then I wrote it down (no particular order).

1. Eruption
2. Belfort
3. Lords of Vegas
4. Kingdom Builder
5. Alba Longa
6. Dragon Heart
7. Claustrophobia
8. Battleship Galaxies
9. Ants!
10. Battles of Westeros
11. DotR: Dragon Expansion
12. Stronghold
13. Magestorm
14. Warlords of Europe
15. Confusion
16. Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan
17. Nefarious
18. Ikusa
19. Arkadia
20. Legend of Drizzt
21. Dominion: Alchemy
22. Dominion: Prosperity
23. Dominion: Concucopia
24. Dominion: Hinterlands
25. City Tycoon
26. LotR: The Card Game
27. Castelli
28. Run Age
29. Puzzle Strike Upgrade Pack
30. Village
31. Ascension: Storm of Souls
32. Hawaii
33. The New Era
34. Small World: Tunnels
35. Stone Age: Style is the Goal
36. Quarriors: Rise of the Demons
37. Rattus: Africanus
38. Dragon Rampage
39. Lancaster
40. Lego: Heroica

Then of course there are at least a dozen more new games that came out of Essen that I want to learn a bit more about first but look very promising.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 18th, 2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Festivous List.

Dungeon Run.

I think I have everything else I really want.

I want a new gaming table.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

To NYYS: You can have Ikusa, just as long as you realize that its the same as the old Shogun/Samurai Swords game with a graphic redesign.

BTW, the gods say you can have all of these games, but first you have to pray at the Temple of the New York Yankees. I understand we haven't seen you in church much lately...

Chas From Brooklyn
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:26 PM

Yep, I know Ikusa is a rebranding, I don't own either of the first two.

So that's why I never get any of the games I want.

-insert signature here-
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:07 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been looking at the new Band of Brothers game because if there is one theme that doesn't get much attention it's WWII tactical squad level war games. I probably only have 8 in my collection, so there is always room for one more.

Actually, I will probably pass even though this game has some interesting design innovations. Too many games, too little time.
Old November 19th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Get it anyway... I would .

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games