Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:15 AM

kr-zeronos has disabled reputation
A couple of questions.

Okay, here goes...

1. If I have 2 sets of a 3 figure-common squad card (for example), and since they are a common squad I get to move any 3. But do I have to attack with those three or any three?

2. One of the people who I play 'scape with likes bringing his own pre-made army. But I'd rather draft. Does he get excluded from the draft because he already has an army of his own?

3. How exactly would Common Squads work in the Heroscape Automated Battle Rules (can't give the link now, in a hurry)?
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Re: A couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr-zeronos
1. If I have 2 sets of a 3 figure-common squad card (for example), and since they are a common squad I get to move any 3. But do I have to attack with those three or any three?

2. One of the people who I play 'scape with likes bringing his own pre-made army. But I'd rather draft. Does he get excluded from the draft because he already has an army of his own?

3. How exactly would Common Squads work in the Heroscape Automated Battle Rules (can't give the link now, in a hurry)?
A Couple of Answers.

1. When playing commons, you must attack with the figures you moved. Unless you play Zombies. They have the power that changes this.

2. It is up to you how you want to rule this situation. Either a) everybody brings in a pre-made army, b) everybody must draft from the same army pool, or c) those who want to do "a" are allowed to do so, while the other people who don't bother must do "b".

3. Sorry, I haven't had the time or printer paper to play SoloScape.

I hope I helped with the first question. The second was arbitrary. The third I know I was useless.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:29 AM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr-zeronos
Okay, here goes...

You must attack with the 3 figures that move. Except for the Zombies who have a Special Ability that allows it.
Quote:
How else would you handle this? He has an army already so he has no points to spend in the draft.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:12 AM

MinhBinh has disabled reputation
I think that if I was playing draft, I would want everybody involved to draft their armies. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be a completely fair competition if one person could bring anyone that they wanted, while other players have to deal with drafting whatever their opponents leave them.

However, if all players are okay with this, by all means play that way. As long as everyone knows what's going on, I don't foresee any problem with draft/pre-made armies mixing it up.
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:04 AM

kr-zeronos has disabled reputation
Hmm, thank you for your help!

I'll just ask the Soloscape question in it's own thread.
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
One more issue with the move/attack question. While each unit you move "buys" an attack of those available, if you have more attacks than units moved, you do NOT need to declare which units will attack before starting your attacks.

For example:

You have 2 squads of Warriors of Ashra, four figures of which are already adjacent to opponents. You move the final two figures - each of those two are active and may attack, but ANY of the other four can take the last activation and you don't have to decide until AFTER you take your first two attacks. This can help in situations where you are close to killing something and don't want to waste attack rolls.

~Aldin, who wonders if Neo cheats at cards in the Matrix

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats
1. When playing commons, you must attack with the figures you moved. Unless you play Zombies. They have the power that changes this.
Wow. I can't believe I have been breaking this rule all along. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I though that you could only move three but could attack with any three. I'm not sure how I ever came to that conclusion though.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats
Wow. I can't believe I have been breaking this rule all along. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I though that you could only move three but could attack with any three. I'm not sure how I ever came to that conclusion though.
In your defense, the rulebook does not do a great job with the common squad procedures. They're buried at the back and rush through things way too fast. Believe me, you are very far from the first person to draw the wrong conclusions about how to play multiple commons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units