Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2019, 11:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Breathing Period)

I mean, I was fine with the lower attack/defense stuff, fwiw. Just throwing out more suggestions since it seemed they were desired.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 21st, 2019, 11:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess we should add the SS clause back in to keep him from brutalizing Lanterns, etc.
Quote:
BRUTALITY 3
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the Attack number listed on the defending figure's card is 3 or lower and the defending figure does not have the Super Strength special power, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense.
"Printed on the card" is an official term...I think? I feel almost certain I've seen it used somewhere before. I think "listed on the card" is probably more solid though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well ... there are technically some powers that change the attack number/value with how they work mechanically. Honestly, I'm fine with those slipping through for such a minor effect, but I'm cool if the LD doesn't want to as well.
For me, it's less a thematic thing, and more just a really confusing gameplay thing. That's why I'm in support of the "listed on the card" wording.

The whole Attack Number vs. Attack Value vs. Attack Dice concept is just way more confusion for the layman than I want to delve into. I don't think the player should have to crack open a rulebook to check if height advantage modifies Attack Number or Attack Dice. Stuff like that is way more nitty gritty than what I personally want to do with my LDs.
FTR the above was my favorite.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 24th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

So how about this, then? It's simple, and it allows the power to be weakened by stat boosters, but not helped by them. I like LO's idea of Cap being a sort of counter to him.
Quote:
BRUTALITY 4
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the defending figure would roll 4 or less defense dice, you may subtract 1 from the defense dice rolled.
Old November 24th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That works fine for me.
Old November 24th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like it but it should be more like this.

BRUTALITY 4
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the defending figure would roll 4 or fewer defense dice, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.
Old November 24th, 2019, 02:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I still favor the attack comparison, I struggle to see how he looks at Conan and gets overly confident in his ability to bully and dominate him. I'm sure there are a bunch of others who are 4 def. types that are pretty strong units, just Conan is the first one that comes to mind. We already have a problem where base 5 defense has become a floor from some designers, this power will just reinforce that cut off point where no body wants their favorite character to have just 4 defense anymore, which makes all the 3 def. SA just worse and worse as time goes on and there are fewer and fewer figures with less than 5 def. anymore.
Old November 24th, 2019, 03:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was also for the Attack value as the measure. So many figures have low defense due to powers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 25th, 2019, 09:50 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I missed a lot of this, but what was wrong with the original direction? I liked the first power, I thought the only question was counting attack dice, or attack value.
Old November 25th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I missed a lot of this, but what was wrong with the original direction? I liked the first power, I thought the only question was counting attack dice, or attack value.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 25th, 2019, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Old November 25th, 2019, 02:32 PM
A Man of Taste

I of course like the original write up as well though I’m biased. However I’m never gonna deny anyone the opportunity to try and improve on something. I do think we’ve gone down the path so far now that I think we’ve forgotten the destination.

Old November 25th, 2019, 02:36 PM
A Man of Taste

Since the issue was the wording of “his attack number”. I propose we just go from this

Quote:
BRUTALITY
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if his Attack Number is the same or higher than that of the defending figure, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense
To this

Quote:
BRUTALITY 3 (or 4)
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the defending figure has an Attack of 3 (or 4) or less, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library