Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 31st, 2014, 10:49 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Well, I'm not a huge fan of rats, but they seem to be the solution here.

Deathreavers x 4 160
Major Q10 310
Syvarris 410
Marro Warriors 460
Guilty McCreech 490 / 24

Rats lock down your Golems for a bit and hopefully get to the agents as well. The Marro Warriors and ranged heroes are spread out to take down whatever comes into range first.[/QUOTE]

Laglor-110
Skahen-120
Krav-100
James Murphy-75
Raelin-80
Isamu-10
Total- 495/8 hexes

Since there's a lot of range, I figured stealth dodge would be the way to go (especially with Raelin). Murphy and Laglor help against the rats and their scatter. Plus Laglor boosts Krav, Skahen, and Murphy. And I figured if all else fails...Isamu is better than Otonashi.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:58 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Laglor-110
Skahen-120
Krav-100
James Murphy-75
Raelin-80
Isamu-10
Total- 495/8 hexes
Phantom Knights x 5 350
Cyprien Esenwein 500 / 16

So long as I keep them spread out (mitigating Shotgun Blast) and Laglor doesn't get on a roll with Autoload, the Phantom Knights should give your agents quite the headache. Most of my order markers will go to the PKs, so once the KMA are gone I'll have a huge advantage in terms of number of figures activating. Your lack of soulborgs leaves Cyprien in an optimal position for cleanup, and I've got no Jandar forces to entertain Isamu.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; August 8th, 2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: I'm pretty sure I've used this exact army a time or two! Cyp + PK ftw!
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Phantom Knights x 5 350
Cyprien Esenwein 500 / 16
350 Warriors of Ashra x7
40 Theracus
100 Major X17
490, 24 spaces
Old August 8th, 2014, 03:02 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's brutal, dok XD
Old August 8th, 2014, 03:08 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
350 Warriors of Ashra x7
40 Theracus
100 Major X17
490, 24 spaces
Brunak-110
Arrow Grutsx4-160
Swog Riderx4-100
Krug-120
490, 24 hexes

Maybe...
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Redcoats x3 225
Marcus 325
Airborne 435
Shotgun Sullivan 500

Grenades and Shotgun blow the masses of low-defense Orcs to pieces. Marcus-boosted WtF or AE snipes can make short work of Brunak, and Krug falls quickly to ranged commons. A truly cruel army.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 9th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Redcoats x3 225
Marcus 325
Airborne 435
Shotgun Sullivan 500

Grenades and Shotgun blow the masses of low-defense Orcs to pieces. Marcus-boosted WtF or AE snipes can make short work of Brunak, and Krug falls quickly to ranged commons. A truly cruel army.
I'd say...

4th Mass x4
Sentinels of Jandar x2

... on the basis of the 4th>10th always-no-matter-what doctrine . Airborne could be a problem with lucky grenade and drop rolls, though.
Old August 9th, 2014, 02:37 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
I'd say...

4th Mass x4
Sentinels of Jandar x2

... on the basis of the 4th>10th always-no-matter-what doctrine . Airborne could be a problem with lucky grenade and drop rolls, though.
Quahon
Greenscale Warriors x3
Major X17
Guilty McCreech
500 pts, 13 Hexes.

Quahon can take out the 4th Mass horde with some help from Greenies. Major X17 easily outlasts the Sentinels with his Cyber Claw and Melee Defense. Guilty helps out the Major from a distance if needed and cleans up.

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 9th, 2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: It's been a while since I've done this...
Old August 9th, 2014, 11:09 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quahon
Greenscale Warriors x3
Major X17
Guilty McCreech
500 pts, 13 Hexes.

Quahon can take out the 4th Mass horde with some help from Greenies. Major X17 easily outlasts the Sentinels with his Cyber Claw and Melee Defense. Guilty helps out the Major from a distance if needed and cleans up.
Nhah Scirh x3 240
Nilfheim 425
James Murphy 500

This is my exact tourney army today... But yeah. Greenies and Quahon get wrecked by Nilfy and Cultists. Major X17 shouldn't be too hard to kill with Ice Shards, while McCreech... I'm not too worried about. Murphy could clean up or blast hordes of Greenscales.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:14 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Nhah Scirh x3 240
Nilfheim 425
James Murphy 500
Venoc Vipers x 7 280
Captain America 500 / 23

The Venocs will surely overwhelm your Cultists, and with a Frenzy or two they'll likely take out Murphy and/or do some harm to Nilfheim. Captain America can handle either of your heroes one-on-one, and his Counterstrike in particular will help him outlast Nilfheim.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:53 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Venoc Vipers x 7 280
Captain America 500 / 23

The Venocs will surely overwhelm your Cultists, and with a Frenzy or two they'll likely take out Murphy and/or do some harm to Nilfheim. Captain America can handle either of your heroes one-on-one, and his Counterstrike in particular will help him outlast Nilfheim.
Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Cyprien - 280
Sonya - 325
Krav Maga - 425
James Murphy - 500

DW800 will destroy the vipers with his special attack and, if something goes wrong, Cyprien can do a pretty good job too.

Cyprien has a decent chance to almost instantely kill Capt America with his touch (especially woth Sonya). When he dies, the Krav will go fishing the Captain and finish him. If something goes really wrong, James Murphy is not that bad at killing big-defense-counterstrike figures like Captain America.

I thought of a swarm of commons with range too, but this is more fun.
Old September 4th, 2014, 11:50 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post

Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Cyprien - 280
Sonya - 325
Krav Maga - 425
James Murphy - 500
I think I'm going to try 5x Shades of Bleakewoode. I mean, they'd still probably lose, but maybe, just maybe, they get a couple soul devour rolls and... and...stealth flying can help get to the krav.... well....

Sigh....

I'd still want to try it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion