Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
by the way, kaiyu, I think you're on a mission to break my printer.
Ditto, finished the game... the heroes murdered them, there were two rooms in a dungeon, all in one map, well either way the first had the pulverizers and x1 blades, sonlen took the blades out first turn, several turns later tandros takes down both the pulverizers. nontheless I need a lot bigger armies. arcane bolt is a huge squad killer, and well champions are made for big hitters, I didn't even really need Ana this time

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry about the printer vendetta guys I'm trying as hard as I can to cut down on the pages. Its still better than the 125 pages of the old game

Well that's strange that you did so well in your battle DeathbyUtgar. That was 140 points per Hero and with some synergy too. Most of my testing so far is at Level 1, but I found that at level 2, the Heroes should be worth about 100 points a piece. Arcane Bolt just bounces to adjacent figures, you were doing that right? I'll be playing some this weekend and I'll verify that the points need to be raised for Level 2 Heroes.

So what abilities did you choose for Level 2? Did you choose a school of magic for your Wizard?

Thanks for the help testing from both of you. Its really helpful. When you do your test Flame Gryphon, make sure you post who your fighting and the levels your at so I can see how the points compare. Thanks in advance
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:34 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Sorry about the printer vendetta guys I'm trying as hard as I can to cut down on the pages. Its still better than the 125 pages of the old game

Well that's strange that you did so well in your battle DeathbyUtgar. That was 140 points per Hero and with some synergy too. Most of my testing so far is at Level 1, but I found that at level 2, the Heroes should be worth about 100 points a piece. Arcane Bolt just bounces to adjacent figures, you were doing that right? I'll be playing some this weekend and I'll verify that the points need to be raised for Level 2 Heroes.

So what abilities did you choose for Level 2? Did you choose a school of magic for your Wizard?

Thanks for the help testing from both of you. Its really helpful. When you do your test Flame Gryphon, make sure you post who your fighting and the levels your at so I can see how the points compare. Thanks in advance
the reason the arcane bolt worked so well was because it was a dungeon map and was fairly close courters so they were clumped up. and no the wizard was just a basic wizard, I gave him shocking grasp 1 and arcane bolt 2, the human cleric got healing touch 2 and protection from evil aura 1, and the fighter got broadsword and bow 2, and one sheild defense 1.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
the reason the arcane bolt worked so well was because it was a dungeon map and was fairly close courters so they were clumped up. and no the wizard was just a basic wizard, I gave him shocking grasp 1 and arcane bolt 2, the human cleric got healing touch 2 and protection from evil aura 1, and the fighter got broadsword and bow 2, and one sheild defense 1.
Ahhhh... that helps to explain it. The entire team you fought was Utgar, so that makes for a cheap defense bonus. Still doesn't justify completely; I'll probably have to raise the points some regardless.

Also, Shocking Grasp should be in the Lightning School of Magic, which means that the Elf can't learn it. If its not in the Errata already, I'll add it. I probably made the change a without taking note of it.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:50 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay; the game I'm going to play is the following;

Warforged Force Wizard
Drow Arachnomancer
Orc Archer
Mindflayer Psychic

I already said that, but here's the type of game;

They have to fight from different locations to get to the center of the map. They'll each face the suggested point total. Once there, they have to face off a wave of enemies, also at suggested point total. After that, one of the wizards has to step onto a glyph. They may not move off a glyph, and endless hordes start attacking. They must last 5 rounds, not counting rounds where the Wizard uses special attacks. If he/she uses a special attack in a round, that does not count. In other words;

Round One: Wizard does nothing. Round total: 1/5
Round Two: Uses Arcane Bolt. Round Total: 1/5
Round Three: Does nothing. Round Total: 2/5

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Warforged Force Wizard
Drow Arachnomancer
Orc Archer
Mindflayer Psychic

They have to fight from different locations to get to the center of the map. They'll each face the suggested point total. Once there, they have to face off a wave of enemies, also at suggested point total. After that, one of the wizards has to step onto a glyph. They may not move off a glyph, and endless hordes start attacking. They must last 5 rounds, not counting rounds where the Wizard uses special attacks. If he/she uses a special attack in a round, that does not count. In other words;

That sound pretty sweet! But a whole round!? Why not make it based on turns and make it 15 turns to win? That way he can still take a turn to help the team on that crucial turn of the game and doesn't have to lose the whole round for doing it. Sounds like its going to be tough. Good luck!
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:00 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
Ahhhh... that helps to explain it. The entire team you fought was Utgar, so that makes for a cheap defense bonus. Still doesn't justify completely; I'll probably have to raise the points some regardless.

Also, Shocking Grasp should be in the Lightning School of Magic, which means that the Elf can't learn it. If its not in the Errata already, I'll add it. I probably made the change a without taking note of it.
oh, Im still playing the stuff I have printed which was from when you did the small amount a while back... and I only used it once if that justifies anything...

Old October 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Warforged Force Wizard
Drow Arachnomancer
Orc Archer
Mindflayer Psychic

That sound pretty sweet! But a whole round!? Why not make it based on turns and make it 15 turns to win? That way he can still take a turn to help the team on that crucial turn of the game and doesn't have to lose the whole round for doing it. Sounds like its going to be tough. Good luck!
Thanks! I'll be using this map, only with a castle at the center.

Riddler
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Oh wow, that's a tiny map. Not at all what I was envisioning. I usually build much bigger maps. If DeathbyUtgar uses this size of maps, that might also explain some of the differences in our testing. Hmm...
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:12 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Quote:
Oh wow, that's a tiny map. Not at all what I was envisioning. I usually build much bigger maps. If DeathbyUtgar uses this size of maps, that might also explain some of the differences in our testing. Hmm...
Well, the map has to be roughly square shaped, and has to be 20 in. wide, at the most. A rectangular map might work, but I haven't found one that would work with my small amount of resources...

Riddler
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, the map has to be roughly square shaped, and has to be 20 in. wide, at the most. A rectangular map might work, but I haven't found one that would work with my small amount of resources...
Yea. I'm lucky and have about 3 and 1/2 RotV mastersets (all but one of them gifts) a SotM masterset, D&D master set, and one of every other set. It lets me make some pretty epic maps, plus I have a figure for each an every Hero for the RPG (I don't play classic much these days )

But I digress... I found a pretty game breaking ERRATA today with Battle Frenzy, plus some other ones.
Spoiler Alert!

I've got some additions on their way as well. Should be up by tomorrow.
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

IMO: Death Knights should be added as a class in the 'horror fantasy' expansion. They should be another warrior branch(Like the champion). One ability could be called 'Army of the Dead' and would give you two squads of zombies of Morindan to aid your Death Knight.

One question: Can summon abilities only be used once? I figure the 'unique summon' abilities can only be used once, but what about the abilities like the Capuan summon?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions