Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Heroscape Release Date/Expansions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post

I just don't understand how new Heroscape figures are bad, no matter what the literary source is behind those characters.
pssst...the problem is that many of us don't like the D&D sculpts because of differences in scale and size. But you didn't hear that from me.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM

JStrain Woo who?

This is going to be awsome, It will bring alot more people to heroscape. I just hope it does not ruin the story line.

My Job list: Jandar's hair dresser Ullar's garden keeper, Einar's treasure keeper, Vydar's engeenier, I give Aquilla pedicures, and I shine Utgar's shoes, SO yes, I hate my job
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM

Zer0scaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post

I just don't understand how new Heroscape figures are bad, no matter what the literary source is behind those characters.
pssst...the problem is that many of us don't like the D&D sculpts because of differences in scale and size. But you didn't hear that from me.
Exactly. No matter how you slice it, these figures are from another game. I'm okay with everything: the DnD part, repainted glaciers, yada yada yada. Except that these figures are from another game. Somebody somewhere said "ehhhh these are close enough." I'll buy it, play it and like it, no question. But it will look and feel a little bit off and there's no denying that. Well, that is untill the DnD figures out number the Classic. It hurts just a little, it really does.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM

jedijon has disabled reputation
Re: D&D Heroscape Information Thread

I already have these figures. Am 5% curious about what new mechanics/playstyle this will add - if any, and am not optimistic.

Reprints followed by reprints, followed by a game I already play in a 2nd format? I feared for the life of this game until I read that only 2 waves were planned with this insanity. Here's to hoping this is a hiccup on the tide of awesomeness!

Snore, wake me when it's over.

P.S., I saw Craig VN at the con. What a stud! Sadly, no pictures with our gold Mr. T chains this year (and no HS table either...)
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0scaper View Post
Well, that is untill the DnD figures out number the Classic.
PSST... don't give them any ideas...

In all seriousness, though, for this to happen they'd almost have to stop making Original Scape, which I'm fairly certain would alienate the vast majority of their customer base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We shall see. Time will tell. You never know, this might just be like normal Heroscape with a couple new rules (shadow pool tiles) and scenarios.
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

Query: Will D&D Heroscape get it's own category like Marvelscape, or will it be merged with the rest of the Heroscape units for the books and related information?

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Query: Will D&D Heroscape get it's own category like Marvelscape, or will it be merged with the rest of the Heroscape units for the books and related information?
Hard to say for sure, I don't make the decisions around here. If I were them, I would merge it - they are saying it is Classic Heroscape, the units belong to the generals, it is part of Heroscape.

Grungebob said that it is designed to work with the rest of HS, therefore, it should not be treated separately. That would undermine the work they did to make it fit with the rest of HS.
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Hard to say for sure, I don't make the decisions around here. If I were them, I would merge it - they are saying it is Classic Heroscape, the units belong to the generals, it is part of Heroscape.

Grungebob said that it is designed to work with the rest of HS, therefore, it should not be treated separately. That would undermine the work they did to make it fit with the rest of HS.

Wouldn't the end of Heroscape as we know it accomplish this same task?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:10 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Wotcpbarclay's responses were deliberately vauge...so we know there will be two D&D waves & until they call them "Wave 11 & Wave 12" there might be a classic HS wave 11 & 12...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:

Wouldn't the end of Heroscape as we know it accomplish this same task?
But is it the end of HS as we know it? Isn't it same old Heroscape except without new molds?
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Quote:
Wotcpbarclay's responses were deliberately vauge...so we know there will be two D&D waves & until they call them "Wave 11 & Wave 12" there might be a classic HS wave 11 & 12...
It was called Master Set 3. Not likely they will call it anything other than waves 11 and 12.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 18th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion