Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old May 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sust Jaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I am not running the event, but I think the answers to your two questions are yes and no respectively. Multiples of spells was said to be illegal somewhere by someone official, but I cannot find it. 200 points is the spell deck cost used everywhere and any more/less is impossible for someone with just the base game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Again, I appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes in and I am pretty certain I will have fun scaping regardless. It just feels a little barren for my play preferences is all.

~Dysole, trying hard not to sound ungrateful
No worries at all. I appreciate both the feedback and the appreciation. The gencon sales data led me to the decisions I made this year, but I plan on putting together a survey shortly after Gencon this year to make sure next years schedule incorporates diverse player preferences as much as possible. Thanks again!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old May 15th, 2016, 08:39 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gen Con 2016

I appreciate the willingness for the organizers to listen. I suggested the Learn to Play events. 13 slots have been taken as of right now as opposed to the Main Event which has only sold 11.

Quote:
(and Heroscapers really are the greatest of groups!)
Preach it brother Beau!

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 16th, 2016, 06:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
I appreciate the willingness for the organizers to listen. I suggested the Learn to Play events. 13 slots have been taken as of right now as opposed to the Main Event which has only sold 11.

Quote:
Preach it brother Beau!
Learn To Play is now Sold Out.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 16th, 2016, 06:24 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Will Uniques Only allow Uncommons?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 16th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Preach it brother Beau!
Learn To Play is now Sold Out.
That is excellent. Excellent.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 16th, 2016, 07:35 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can't think of a reason they shouldn't, since Uncommons are Uniques in every regard except for allowing multiple copies.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 16th, 2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: i.e. the general rule is that everything that applies to Uniques applies to Uncommons, although not the reverse
Old May 16th, 2016, 09:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Flex, 4x400, unique, main, general, team

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 16th, 2016, 10:06 PM

Signed up for Main, considering Flex, Team (if I can find a partner), and Open Play.

--
--
--

--
Old May 17th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Just realized AotP is the same time as my RPG.

Drats. I thought I had a shot at that event.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 17th, 2016, 10:21 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
No, but it's a reasonable question. (I've added clarification in the description.) While uncommons function as uniques, they are different things.

No one wants to see army after army of Hydra x2 or x3...

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.

Last edited by fomox; May 17th, 2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: or 16 chainfighters
Old May 17th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, god. That was a rough Heroes battle, a couple of years ago. I sent out Isamu first, figuring a lucky shot & a Vanish or two and he'd do better than Shurrak and the others in my start zone. Turned out I was right, I killed 1 1/2 Hydras with Isamu, and hardly anything with everyone else.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
No, but it's a reasonable question. (I've added clarification in the description.) While uncommons function as uniques, they are different things.

No one wants to see army after army of Hydra x2 or x3...
That is a huge surprise to me, but does make me consider the Uniques Only event. I couldn't think of an army that could beat Ornak + Hydras in that format other than Ornak + Hydras.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con