Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old November 6th, 2019, 11:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pod 0 (Main Thread)

Looking at our current progress, all of our units are currenlty in Editing in some form:

1) Honored Soul-Guides - Just redesigned the mechanics to be simpler. Basically needs to restart the Editing check to see if it's acceptable now.

2) Ozuul - Still settling on the new wording for Gravity Pull. I think we've mostly agreed to simplify the Special Attack to a constant amount of dice, but the design is still in a bit of flux.

3) Tetsuo Tyrell - The Pod is content with the proposed changes. Waiting to pass Editing.

4) Velnesh Alphas - Just entered Editing.

As for Pod 1, it looks like all of their units except for Ob Nixilus have just entered Editing pretty recently.
Old November 7th, 2019, 12:25 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep. For Pod 0, the last thing we need to get crackin on is the Crpyolith. Which, seems to be in the naming phase.
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:02 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Did we want to throw the Glyph of Healing in here at some point?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly, I’m fine with it staying as Kelda. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:11 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Honestly, I’m fine with it staying as Kelda. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That was my original position as well, and I won't lose sleep over that, but for variety's sake we could do something like "remove 1 wound from each of your wounded Heroes" instead.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:35 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like the Magic:Arena version better, plus it gives variety and can be used "randomized" and landed on by an unwounded hero.
Quote:
[H] Glyph of Healing - At the start of this figure's controller's turn, remove one damage marker from this figure.
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:16 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I like the Magic:Arena version better, plus it gives variety and can be used "randomized" and landed on by an unwounded hero.
Quote:
[H] Glyph of Healing - At the start of this figure's controller's turn, remove one damage marker from this figure.
Until you introduce triple Raelin healing with Kurrok + Elementals. Incorporating OMs into it only skews it towards being crap against ranged squads since they can shoot the wounds off faster than it can possibly heal.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Agree with you on Order marker instead of turn (bonding, Kurrok, etc), but not necessarily on range part. Basically it makes whoever goes on the glyph a sitting duck, so you must (especially if hero on glyph is melee) switch order markers to other units as oppose to a Kelda where one order heals and the rest of the orders are normal turns. Again the AotP glyph it is in most circumstances worse then Kelda but some circumstances better (ahem, Q9, Nilf, Braxas, or other ranged low-life heroes).

Basically it has a different strategy than Kelda and adds variety, and was designed by the same team that made Heroscape (Craig van Ness et all) so maybe give it a try.

Quote:
[H] Glyph of Healing - After figure's controller reveals any order marker, remove one damage marker from a figure on this glyph.

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 8th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:28 PM
I could go

So a regening Q9 or Nilfy is ok? Kelda is strong enough, but at least offers some extra risk/reward play. Do you heal right away or try to hold out until you hit 3 wounds, but could still die? The regen glyph makes the decision for you, and despite it keeping you in a corner can let those guys turtle indefinitely..*

I do actually like the effect, but I don’t want to make a game busting glyph either. A personal goal is for this stuff to be usable in competitive play, because that’s where I feel it will get the most traction. And the OG devs weren’t without their own busted units too.

Edit: Of course, the other leads feel we should try designing for it, I’ll be happy to make waves there too.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 8th, 2019, 02:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would much prefer to do the AotP version of the Glyph of Healing (I think that I've said as much elsewhere, though I was mostly alone on that front), albeit with the caveat of making it once per round or some other limit. Kelda's fun, but it exists already and I don't really care to make it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I do actually like the effect, but I don’t want to make a game busting glyph either. A personal goal is for this stuff to be usable in competitive play, because that’s where I feel it will get the most traction. And the OG devs weren’t without their own busted units too.

Edit: Of course, the other leads feel we should try designing for it, I’ll be happy to make waves there too.
I'd say that it's more likely to be used in competitive play if it isn't a copy of Kelda. It's certainly prone to making some less fun strategies stronger, but put it on the lowground in the center of a map and it might just work. I'm willing to try it out, at least.

If we're doing anything other than Kelda again, I think that making a thread for the Glyph is necessary. Heck, maybe we should do threads for each of the glyphs anyway for the consistency of the project, though the ones that don't have any design work can wait to avoid cluttering this subsection.
Old November 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM

Having a thread for each glyph (including the ones we aren't designing) is a fine idea for completeness' sake. The Q9/Nilfheim problem is one reason I suggested:

[Temporary] When one of your figures stops here, remove one Wound Marker from the Army Card of each wounded Hero you control. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Pretty limited in scope, so very hard if not impossible to abuse. Healing just one from the figure there at the end of the round could work as well. Anyway, I've come around to thinking we really ought to do something non-Kelda with it.

Additionally, since it came up again elsewhere, are we designing a terrain effect for the sand tiles? I really liked:

SAND DUNES
At the end of each round [or when a figure ends its movement here], roll the d20 for each figure on a Sand Dune. If you roll 1-10, that figure must move to an adjacent same level or lower space if possible.

Funny thought I just had: this would be a hilarious way to mess with castle defenders, by topping everything with Sand Dunes.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2019, 02:41 PM

I'll go ahead and throw up a thread for the Glyph of Healing so that we can centralize that discussion there.

I'm still against designing official rules for our 3D terrain, but I like that Sand Dunes power idea for a potential scenario. It could be fun to create a small hill on one side with some ranged figures trying to keep their high ground.

EDIT: The Glyph of Healing thread is up. Could you edit this link into the OP, @NecroBlade ?

Last edited by Astroking112; November 17th, 2019 at 03:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs