Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:49 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
The Book of Elongated Man

The Book of Elongated Man

C3G DC WAVE 33
BATMAN FOREVER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #040 / Elongated Man or #042 / Elongated Man.

Alternate art purple costume:
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio - As a growing boy fascinated with bodybuilders and contortionists, Randolph "Ralph" Dibny discovered a popular soda known as Gingold used to enhance flexibility. As his life advanced, Dibny studied chemistry and created a supreme version of Gingold that could give him extreme stretching abilities for long periods of time. Utilizing Gingold and his brilliant brain to become Elongated Man, Dibny quickly developed into one of the world's most skilled detectives, second only to Batman. Dibny also went on to form a strong friendship with The Flash and became one of the first superheroes to publicly release his identity and get married.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:

Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Kinetic Stretch wording update

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: png on alts
Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:53 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Elongated Man (Breathing Period)

NAME = ELONGATED MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = RANDOLPH DIBNY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 160

SUPER SLEUTH
After placing Order Markers and before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to choose an unrevealed Order Marker on an opponent’s card and view it. If it is an “X” Order Marker, you may immediately view all Order Markers on that opponent’s cards and when rolling for initiative this round, add 10 to your roll. If it is a numbered Order Marker, add that Order Marker's number to your initiative roll.

RIDICULOUS REACH
Whenever an unengaged enemy figure within 2 spaces of Elongated Man moves away from him or targets a figure other than him, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. If you roll a skull, that figure cannot move away from Elongated Man and can only attack him this turn.

KINETIC STRETCH
Instead of his normal move, Elongated Man may move up to 4 spaces with Kinetic Stretch. When moving with Kinetic Stretch, Elongated Man has the Flying special power, but will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If Elongated Man moved at least 3 spaces with Kinetic Stretch, he may roll one additional die when attacking this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Very interesting design. Stats are kind of wonky, which I dig. Super Sleuth seems really in-line with our other recent detective character, which I always like to see - mechanics that rhyme are great.

That being said, Ridiculous Reach seems like something that could get kind of funky... like, I can't think of any ways that it breaks the game, but messing with how engagement works seems like a red flag to me. Moreover, is he that much better at stretching than Plastic Man and Mr. Fantastic?
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:42 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You may want to change the result of finding a numbered order marker to a static bonus, because as currently worded in a more than 2 player game, everybody else gains the benefit of knowing what the order marker is as they get to see what you add to your roll.

Ridiculous Reach is a cool power , but may need some work, as it could prove abusive if you find a way to lock down a Range 1 hero’s movement and engage that hero with Ralph from 2 spaces away.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

add that number from to your initiative roll.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Moreover, is he that much better at stretching than Plastic Man and Mr. Fantastic?
He is indeed much stretchier. Plastic Man is more amorphous and can create holes in his body and turn into objects, whilst Elongated Man has a much further reach on his stretching ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
You may want to change the result of finding a numbered order marker to a static bonus, because as currently worded in a more than 2 player game, everybody else gains the benefit of knowing what the order marker is as they get to see what you add to your roll.
That is fair, but I'm not sure it's a big deal. If he finds something useful in his detective work, he might be inclined to get the word out and share with his potential allies.

Let's check in with the CRB on how Ridiculous Reach would go. @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
add that number from to your initiative roll.
Got it!

Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:17 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I think Ridiculous Reach is going to be a mess rules wise right now, especially since they're engaged with him.. but he isn't engaged with them by the current wording I guess? Very dangerous waters to sail in.

I'd word the power as basically replicating some/all the effects of engagement without getting into the messy grey area of 'considered engaged'.

'Enemy Figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Elongated Man cannot attack non-adjacent figures accept for Elongated Man. When a non-adjacent enemy Figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Elongated Man would move unto a space that is not within 2 clear sight spaces of Elongated Man, you may roll one unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure cannot move for the rest of this (player?) turn.

Something like that, though it would probably need something to stop him from double dipping on an LEA and the reach unblockable. Maybe just make him unable to do normal LEAs?

Super Sleuth feels a bit worrisome paired with Commander Rodgers and Joker, as he is a really cheap way to get a massive initiative boost and against some armies it will be very easy to find the X.

I don't think he is going to come in as low as 135 with both a really good lockdown power and a really good initiative power, both are pretty high on the 'competitive checklist'.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Trying to ape engagement effects without calling it engagement makes it incredibly more powerful as then it circumvents any disengage powers and muddles interactions with placement powers that specifically say the figure doesn’t take leaving engagement attacks.

A figure with range 1 could move closer to Elongated Man without leaving engagement and attack him that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to understand what makes "considered to be engaged" messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:57 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Trying to ape engagement effects without calling it engagement makes it incredibly more powerful as then it circumvents any disengage powers and muddles interactions with placement powers that specifically say the figure doesn’t take leaving engagement attacks.
Well yeah, it's obviously more powerful (though you can fiddle with it some to lessen that). But I'll take that as a starting point over the current power's wonkiness any day.

Quote:
A figure with range 1 could move closer to Elongated Man without leaving engagement and attack him that way.
I'm not following you here, was the original power supposed to also be functioning as pseudo Engagement Strike too? Like they have to leave 'engagement' to.. for reals engage him? So if you had a more permanent version of Ares's last bullet of Malevolent Influence around he would just auto-win against melee figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd like to understand what makes "considered to be engaged" messy.
I consider it messy because I have no idea what the interactions with just the normal rules are supposed to be, let alone how it would work with all the other powers out there now and yet to be.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No the original intent is as it’s written. I was clarifying for Margloth.

I think quozl and I would benefit from a specific example of odd interactions. Not that we don’t trust you, we just aren’t seeing it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If two figures are engaged with one another, one figure can move around the other one without leaving engagement and attack from a different spot on the map. So I'm not sure what you are getting at here with Ares. A melee figure moves two spaces away from Elongated Man and is considered engaged with Elongated Man, he can then still move one space closer to Elongated Man and attack at range 1 without leaving engagement at all.

I'd say my question about engagement at range 2 is, does that mean a figure 2 spaces away from Elongated Man (but not adjacent to any figures at all) can not use a ranged attack on someone other than Elongated Man?

I think I would limit the power to making LEA from two spaces away and avoid the issue of engagement's effect on ranged attacks.

RIDICULOUS REACH
When an enemy figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Elongated Man moves 3 spaces away from Elongated Man, Elongated Man may roll for a leaving engagement attack versus that figure. If Elongated Man rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with him, that figure may not leave the engagement with Elongated Man this turn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library