Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2020, 02:08 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sauron - VOTE for Final Editing

I was gonna test him at 320 with the class change and see how he performs.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 06:02 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds good!
Old August 4th, 2020, 06:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Sauron

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Sauron (320), Frankenstein, Abomination (1000) VS Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Sauron (320), Frankenstein, Abomination (1000) VS X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think he felt pretty good as a Creature at 320 points. Not much other than that has changed, he was really nasty with the Moloids.
Old August 4th, 2020, 07:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I liked how that creature army came out at an even 1000 points, but those were two pretty solid wins there. He went 0-3 at 340 without the Moloids correct, then 2-0 at 320 in a Creature build. Thinking 330 personally.
Old August 4th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Pre-yea for anywhere from 320-340.
Old August 4th, 2020, 07:26 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I liked how that creature army came out at an even 1000 points, but those were two pretty solid wins there. He went 0-3 at 340 without the Moloids correct, then 2-0 at 320 in a Creature build. Thinking 330 personally.
I mean one of them was a big win, I don't know about the Fan 4 game being a big win. The X-Men are definitely not gonna be favored vs that Creature build, they don't have enough damage to really kill Frankenstein quickly and Sauron can also heal vs them pretty easily. I liked him at 320, he felt fine at that cost. If the Fan 4 had rolled better on Leader in that match they probably would have won, but they hit a lot of Mister F + 1 Adv turns in the mid game.
Old August 4th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quick read tells me that there some things that need to be addressed, but I can't get to them right now.

Will look more closely later tonight.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 4th, 2020, 08:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I hear you on that X-Men army being ill equipped to deal with Frankenstein since most of their lower attack rolls will end up inflicted just 1 or 2 W's and being ignored. Suron gets a boost when fighting them, and Abomination is a heavy hitter too.

The bolded part here raises an eyebrow though, as the Fan4 can handle heavy hitters with Thing's big attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
This match felt close the whole time, if I had hit any of my Hypnotic Gaze rolls on Torch and gotten to go Supernova it would have been a landslide. Fan4 rolled medium on Leadership and it was still close. Abomination was nice on cleanup duty here.

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Abomination with 5 wounds[/spoiler]
For them to be facing down a landslide after having 'medium' d20 rolls had Suron hit one 13+ d20 roll after multiple attempts is a bit of a flag. Had the Fan4 had 'bad/poor/subpar' d20 rolls, then yeah they have bad performances sometimes so losing when Sauron fails multiple Gaze attempts wouldn't be as alarming. Medium rolls on leadership says average, an average Fan4 team is pretty solid.
Old August 4th, 2020, 08:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

Sorry when I say all my rolls there it was only 2 attempts. Frankenstein and Sauron ended up killing Torch too quickly while the Fan 4 were struggling a bit on their d20 rolls.

I was tired a took a nap right after writing up the results here.
Old August 4th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

So are we happy here? I prefer 320 for his cost after playing him in 4 games. I still need mini pics with the full jaw, or I can use the ones provided of the Xplosion figure to get this guy finalized.

EDIT: After working on the card a bit to prep here, I would vastly prefer using the Xplosion figure. I can make the figure match the comic art better if it's not just standing on the ground with his legs apart. Having Sauron flying just looks much cooler to me. If you hate the card when I post it we can switch back, I just had photos of this one ready to prep the card with.

Last edited by tcglkn; August 5th, 2020 at 01:42 AM.
Old August 5th, 2020, 01:06 AM
Tickle Pickle

Re: The Book Of Sauron (Breathing)

Some edits. Sorry if my scratch edits are rough, I don't do this often but I think my copy/paste post is clear. I even checked spacing with me restructuring the powers a bit they still fit just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
LIFE FORCE HUNGER
After attacking an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, destructible object or Undead or destructible object, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card if the defending figure received one or more wounds and if the defending figure is a non-Human Unique Hero that is not a Human, Sauron adds up to a maximum of one die to his attack and defense for the remainder of the round. Sauron cannot add more than one die to his attack and defense with this special power per round.

HYPNOTIC GAZE
After taking a turn with Sauron, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to your roll if that Hero has the Hypnotized personality. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure gains the Hypnotized personality for the rest of the round and you take temporary control of the chosen Hero. Immediately take a turn with it then return control of the figure to the player who controlled it before Hypnotic Gaze. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. For the rest of the round, the chosen Hero has the Hypnotized personality instead of what is listed on its card.
Copy/Paste:

Quote:
LIFE FORCE HUNGER
After attacking an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead or destructible object, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card if the defending figure received one or more wounds and if the defending figure is a Unique Hero that is not a Human, Sauron adds one die to his attack and defense for the remainder of the round. Sauron cannot add more than one die to his attack and defense with this special power per round.

HYPNOTIC GAZE
After taking a turn with Sauron, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to your roll if that Hero has the Hypnotized personality. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure gains the Hypnotized personality for the rest of the round and you take temporary control of the chosen Hero. Immediately take a turn with it then return control of the figure to the player who controlled it before Hypnotic Gaze. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Question about the part in Blue though, does it really need to be a Unique Hero to boost his attack and defense for the round? I think it would read better without that phrase personally, but I guess it might be too good if he could kill one of your own civilians every round for a boost.

I would also order the powers Claw Carry then Life Force Hunger then Hypnotic Gaze.
Old August 5th, 2020, 04:12 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm fine with Xplosion figure.
Will the wording changes still be okay for text size?
Should we wait for more commentary on the rest?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library