Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 14th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wow! Forgot how fun this was after 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo204 View Post
So hope to chat with you guys and get better as we go. And who know maybe play a tourney somewhere down the line and do some meet ups

Wow this is long. Sorry lol

Cheers!
Glad to hear you are picking it up again. FYI, there is a pretty decent contingent of us that play online regularly. We have just started our 17th tournament season

Here is a thread explaining basically how it works - though some of the info in there may be a bit dated.

Games run pretty smoothly and it's great to get to play against some of the people on here!
Old January 14th, 2015, 10:52 PM

jojo204 is surprisingly tart

Great thanks I'll have to take a look at that for sure. The only problem is it takes out half the fun with the heckling. Lol. We have an on going thing here now that once you kill a character we say "oh here, let me hand you this zip lock bag" haha. Or when we really feel like being jerks we do the old. "let me get that for you" while we flick the fig off the map. Lol. The wife really loves that one
Old January 14th, 2015, 11:03 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Great thanks I'll have to take a look at that for sure. The only problem is it takes out half the fun with the heckling. Lol. We have an on going thing here now that once you kill a character we say "oh here, let me hand you this zip lock bag" haha. Or when we really feel like being jerks we do the old. "let me get that for you" while we flick the fig off the map. Lol. The wife really loves that one
Those may just be the best parts of a game of heroscape.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 14th, 2015, 11:11 PM

Oh and @raXas1516 thanks for the Kijiji tip on national search. I ended up picking 2 decent size collections out of Calgary and Quebec and 2 masters out of BC. I think I have a total of 9 masters and bunch of expansions and waves coming in. Lol. When I said I'm getting back into it I meant it haha. I'll post pics once I get them.

@TnT2 I'll be check boardgamegeek as soon as I'm done writing this.

I remember that group when we first got into it as I bought a couple waves from there. We would check the store out since we use to eat across the street at bistro 7 1/4 like once a week. He was telling me about it and said to check it out some time. Then we had our family blow out and then bistro when to crap soon after and we stopped going.

I've looked into the Custom stuff a bit but was having a hard time finding the figs for the cards. I then started looking hard into C3G as we are big superhero fans in the house and it would fit right in. Then looking around for heroclix at decent prices around town was non existent. None of the shops have singles around any more. I remember going into shops a couple years ago and they'd be littered with them. Now they only sell the blind packs. So resorting to eBay I find a bunch of lots with them but with the conversion and shipping makes them around 5 bucks each. Might as well get more classic at that point.

Last edited by jojo204; January 15th, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old January 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Yea no problem @jojo204
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The only problem is it takes out half the fun with the heckling. Lol.
Don't worry, the heckling is alive and well. I'm a big fan of pasting interesting tidbits into the game. . .
Old January 15th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

For C3G Stuff Troll and Toad is a fairly good bet.

Shipping form Minature Market to Canada is pretty expensive, but Troll and Toad have good rates.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 15th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Well, if everyone is plugging their customs I'll plug mine!

For more detailed superhero customs:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=50184

And for buildings for them to play on and cars, trucks, telephone poles, etc. for them to bash with:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448

After all these years that this site has been around there's just so much creative content to pick and choose from!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

A family feud because a few people quit a game that went to 4am?...no kidding you guys are competitive, what were you expecting?...a wrap up at noon the next day?

Welcome back to the madness, and the bitter taste in your mouth will now be the result of the crazy prices that the game currently (and most likely will always) commands.
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:21 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

It is a surprisingly fun game even after all these years, and remember all of us....well maybe not all of us, but at least myself will always be hear on Heroscapers!!!

Cheers,

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 6th, 2015, 01:49 AM

@CanScape thanks, Yeah it sure is a bitter taste in my mouth as Ive spent a small fortune already and still going. Im just one of those completest collectors that has to have it all. I also want to have everything so I can try all the crazy army builds that I see on here. I think once I finish the collection and have the 2-3 of most commons I should be good for a long while. We still play about 2-3 times a week so they get used at least.

@Scaperedude If it wasnt for this site and the continued support after it was cancelled I honestly dont know if I would be so hard up on HS right now. Yeah most of the stuff I need answers on and read up on where written 5 years ago or more but to still be able to have interactions with people that still play and love the game makes it just as alive to me as it was 5 years ago.
Old February 6th, 2015, 10:23 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
@CanScape thanks, Yeah it sure is a bitter taste in my mouth as Ive spent a small fortune already and still going. Im just one of those completest collectors that has to have it all. I also want to have everything so I can try all the crazy army builds that I see on here. I think once I finish the collection and have the 2-3 of most commons I should be good for a long while. We still play about 2-3 times a week so they get used at least.

@Scaperedude If it wasnt for this site and the continued support after it was cancelled I honestly dont know if I would be so hard up on HS right now. Yeah most of the stuff I need answers on and read up on where written 5 years ago or more but to still be able to have interactions with people that still play and love the game makes it just as alive to me as it was 5 years ago.
I hear you on the completist bug, I did the same thing a couple years before the game was discontinued officially. This board was directly responsible for that when you see the amazing setups and overall massive scale the game can take, you just gotta have it all. Even though I've come to realize that massive games don't make the most sense (mainly due to the time commitment), they look impressive as hell, and that's enough for me! 2-3 times a week, that's awesome!...enjoy!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion