Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 5th, 2007, 01:37 AM

obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker
Army Drafter Excel Program

It's probably lame, especially since I am brand new to any type of forum discussion, but my younger brother (the one responsible for getting me hooked on this drug) and I developed a Microsoft Excel program for building armies. It is a complete list of each wave and expanison, ranked by point value within each army, and a running counter from 300 to 2000 point armies. All you have to do is highlight, drag, and drop the desired hero or squad into the counter and it will tally the total number of points. I realize that there are less technical inventions, like pen and paper, or a calculator that do the same thing. I also know that better army builders exist online. Like I said it is probably lame, but it is easy to use. If anyone is interested, you can email me at dimurai@yahoo.com, and I'll send it as an attachment.
By the way, I love this site, and enjoy all the insights provided by dedicated addicts. Thanks for giving HeroScape fans a home!
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Welcome to the Site!!! You should probably put this on the download list and post this in the Software thread.

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM

obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker
Thanks! I'll try to post it there.
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:24 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
How about making it so you can set an army size. Then anytime you drop somthing into the counter, any unit that cannot be used, due to too many points, gets removed(or darkened) from the list of possible units. That would be sweet.
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll work on that. Any others? I was wary of mentioning this simply because there are other very good resources out there. Thanks for the support and suggestions!
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
First off, welcome aboard. I like the idea of less is more. I like the spreadsheets out there, but most of the time I only use a few of the features. I have this big file sitting in my hard drive that I barely scratch the surface. This is something that I can see putting to good use.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
this is something that would work great for me! i always have my laptop at the table to track battles and with this it would make the drafting process so much easier! i would love a copy of it if you can set up to use the suggestion above about not allowing you add the cards you dont have enough points for.
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM

I am working on a way to do this, I may have to use another program other than Excel. As soon as I have this problem figured out, I'll upload a copy. The current incarnation is in the Downloads section under the software section of the forum.
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Obsidian, I think I could help you get the point size feature into Excel on its own. PM me if you want some help on it - I think we could use the Conditional Formatting option to make it work.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 8th, 2007, 03:28 AM

Thanks thatguy and killercactus for the ideas. Version two of the Army Builder is posted in Downloads. If there are any other suggestions for improvement, let me know. Thanks again!
Old January 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Army Drafter Excel Program

Hey guys, just a head's up here. We have been contacted by Lone Wolf Development, maker of the Army Builder(R) BRAND roster construction tool, and they have reminded us that the term "Army Builder" is not a generic term but rather refers to their product, which is protected by a registered US trademark. They have asked that people only use the term "Army Builder" when referring to their products and services out of concern that the term not lose its distinctiveness as a trademark. Out of respect for the good will that Lone Wolf Development has built in their trademark, we have therefore changed the name of this thread to "Army Drafter Excel Program", and we ask that folks not use the term Army Builder from here on unless they are specifically referring to Lone Wolf Development's products and services. Thank you.

Last edited by truth; January 31st, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:45 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Re: Army Drafter Excel Program

deleted

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software