Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 30th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chompy View Post
I am definitely coming, but Sawyer and his girlfriend will be a strong maybe. We will work out the logistics in the next couple weeks and get everything paid for.
Hey, that’s great to hear!! I’ll add you all to the list!
Old April 30th, 2021, 07:32 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chompy View Post
I am definitely coming, but Sawyer and his girlfriend will be a strong maybe. We will work out the logistics in the next couple weeks and get everything paid for.
Awesome! Glad to see the Louisville crew making it out.

Only 11 spots left before the cap, and more than that on the 'maybe' list!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 30th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@BodaciousBlood you better get those plans squared away before spots dry up! it'd be good to have another fellow Utah Scener join in the fun!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 30th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

My Nephew, Caleb, will be joining us...put him down as attending.

Also, in terms of the cap at 42...I was just thinking...isn't that cutting it close in terms of Attendance benchmarks for the cheaper price? It's not unlikely that if we cap at 42...there could be a couple people last minute that have to bail. In that case, that'd make the payments go back up for the other attendees since we wouldn't be at the 40 person mark. Maybe 46-48 is a better cap so that we can make sure if we meet it that we're not going to dip below 40 and "activate" the higher rate?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 30th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
My Nephew, Caleb, will be joining us...put him down as attending.

Also, in terms of the cap at 42...I was just thinking...isn't that cutting it close in terms of Attendance benchmarks for the cheaper price? It's not unlikely that if we cap at 42...there could be a couple people last minute that have to bail. In that case, that'd make the payments go back up for the other attendees since we wouldn't be at the 40 person mark. Maybe 46-48 is a better cap so that we can make sure if we meet it that we're not going to dip below 40 and "activate" the higher rate?
That's great!

No, we're gonna cap at 42. Space past that is gonna be tight. Perhaps in future years, if this were to happen again, we'd open it up beyond that.
Old May 1st, 2021, 11:24 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We have prepared a tentative menu. This is based on a price of $335 per person, all inclusive for 37 - 42 people.
This is more than the price we initially calculated for 40 people of $290. However, we felt that it was worth the extra $45 per person (an average of an additional $4.50 per meal) for the upgraded and expanded menu. This is still $50 less than the price of $385 for 30 people. (Price will be somewhere between $335 and $385 if less than 37 people.)
Please let me know by May 8 if anyone wants a refund based upon either the revised price or the menu. We have tried to vary the lunch and dinners choices to provide an enjoyable dining experience.

TENTATIVE MENU (subject to change):

Meal Plan
10 Meals (Thursday Breakfast – Sunday Breakfast)

Thursday:
Breakfast – Holiday Buffet
Scrambled Eggs, Home Fried Potatoes, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon or Sausage,
and Coffee.

Lunch – The Corner Deli Lunch Buffet
Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Cheeses, Bread, Toppings, Potato Salad, Dessert, Iced Tea, and Water.

Afternoon Snack Break
Fresh Baked Cookies

Dinner - On the Boarder Buffet
Southwest Style Salad, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Spicy Nacho Cheese Dip, Seasoned Taco Beef, Fajita Chicken, Warm Flour Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Toppings, Dessert, Iced Tea, and Water.

Friday:
Scrambled Eggs, Home Fried Potatoes, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon or Sausage,
and Coffee.

Lunch – Tailgate Buffet
Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Cole Slaw, Macaroni and Cheese, Dessert, Iced Tea, and Water.

Afternoon Snack Break
Fresh Baked Cookies

Dinner – Taste of Italy Buffet
Soup du Jour, Italian Inspired Garden Salad, Chicken Parmesan, Cheese Manicotti, Sauteed Vegetables, Breadsticks, Dessert, Iced Tea, Water

Saturday:
and Coffee.

Lunch – The Corner Deli Lunch Buffet
Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Cheeses, Bread, Toppings, Potato Salad, Dessert, Iced Tea, and Water.

Afternoon Snack Break
Fresh Baked Cookies

Dinner – Plated Dinner
Garden Salad, Rolls and Butter
Choice of: Herb Roasted Chicken, Tuscan Chicken, Teriyaki Salmon, or Bourbon Glazed Pork Chop
Dessert, Iced Tea, Water

Sunday:
and Coffee.

Water Stations set up during the entire Con.
Old May 1st, 2021, 01:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The menu looks great!

Thanks for all the effort you've put into organizing the food (& event as a whole). This is going to be a great Heroscape Con.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 01:42 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@Dragon Ruler

I'm guessing Pancakes and/or Waffles were not part of the Breakfast options? It's fine if not, just some of them don't settle well while travelling for me (namely the eggs and sausage).

The rest looks good!
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:05 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
@Dragon Ruler

I'm guessing Pancakes and/or Waffles were not part of the Breakfast options? It's fine if not, just some of them don't settle well while travelling for me (namely the eggs and sausage).

The rest looks good!
It's an additional $4 per person per day to add french toast or waffles. That would be another $16 per person for the weekend.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 01:27 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It’s very easy to overthink the format. When you do damage, take your pencil and write down the points: 20 for each divider. Doesn’t matter how it got there. You had temporary control of Marcu and did damage with him? Good. Take points. You took *permanent* control with Ne Gok Sa? That’s not damage. No points, at that moment. Though of course you will get points when your stolen hero starts hurting things.

Things that heal or regenerate can give more than they cost. Things that hurt themselves, conversely, can give fewer: wolves of badru don’t give points for failing to destroy.

There are units that do damage when it’s not their turn. Any LEA, or counterstrike, for instance. You get those.

Edit: vegie is 100% correct.

We play all fractions get rounded down. No fractions. Kill all the Krav with one glorious fireline? Take 99 points.
After thinking about it, we're gonna follow this. No fractions, no rounding up. Deal 6 wounds to Nilfheim in one attack? You're getting 180 points (185/6=30.8, round down to 30, which is points per life, 30x6=180). It's going to be the easiest, most consistent method, and it really shouldn't change any outcomes. Please have the points per wound for each figure in your army written down on your card. As with most things, I'll run it down before the event; it'll be pretty much impossible to screw it up.

Also, please PM Dragon Ruler with any questions regarding the hotel/food/other accommodations, as he’s in charge of all of that. PM me (or just post, if you can) any questions relating to HeroScape or deposits.

Last edited by OEAO; May 2nd, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 01:48 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I want to add this, about the free-for-all multiplayer format: it is much more social and relaxed than regular one-on-one games. More than team games.

I hope people try it and enjoy. It's my favorite format, just because it's so friendly. I couldn't be happier, seeing it in the lineup of events.
Also, I forgot to respond to this! Yes, it was a great idea by Nathan. It’s something that just isn’t feasible at GenCon, but we can make it work here! I’m very excited to play in it.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:10 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

OMG, this looks AMAZING! And I live only 4 hours from Indy, so could easily drive.

BUT...... I've forgotten how to play 'Scape! It's been years since I've played..

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon