Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 5th, 2022, 12:34 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hex Mats

I just received this email:

"Glad to hear you liked the sample; this would be $269 to produce as a one off but if you printed many more (more than 15), the price would be $179.ea
The one off price is more expensive than the bulk price.
There is no set up fee for the artwork design and samples already produced.
You can pick it up to save on shipping.
Let me know if you want to move forward."

Something surely doesn't feel right about this price point, $269 seems way too much for a single mat. I mentioned i might want a 5' by 3' mat. I said that other people than myself may also want to buy mats, so I'm thinking they may be hiking up the individual price trying to get people to bulk order their mats together. I don't think they understand I don't personally know anyone else who would order mats so a bulk order doesn't make sense. That or they're hiking up the price to account for time creating the file and then saying they aren't charging a design fee

How does this price point look to you guys?
Old April 5th, 2022, 01:07 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just found 3'x6' vinyl banners online for $45 for 1: https://www.printastic.com/vinyl-banners/

The cost sounds awfully high.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 5th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's another argument for going with a smaller size. It sounds like the place you're talking with wouldn't be able to meet a reasonable price regardless of size, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2022, 01:28 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's another argument for going with a smaller size. It sounds like the place you're talking with wouldn't be able to meet a reasonable price regardless of size, though.

Yeah this price point they gave me completely caught me off guard, I was a bit taken aback when I first saw it
Old April 5th, 2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I play D&D on heroscape terrain and I've frequently printed these to be my level 0. (It helps that I have a large-format printer at work). I just throw something under them in photoshop and print. Maybe you can use it somehow. The measurements are spot on and I can make a file a full 4'x6' if you want.

Could you make a 1' by 1' version for me? I found another company with a much better price point and I'm going to order a small print to test how the size comes out. A 1' by 1' print here is only $6.68, and if the hex size comes out well I'll order a larger one

https://www.48hourprint.com/vinyl-banner-printing.html
Old April 5th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
I play D&D on heroscape terrain and I've frequently printed these to be my level 0. (It helps that I have a large-format printer at work). I just throw something under them in photoshop and print. Maybe you can use it somehow. The measurements are spot on and I can make a file a full 4'x6' if you want.

Could you make a 1' by 1' version for me? I found another company with a much better price point and I'm going to order a small print to test how the size comes out. A 1' by 1' print here is only $6.68, and if the hex size comes out well I'll order a larger one

Sure!, but I won't get to it until tomorrow.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 5th, 2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

Sure!, but I won't get to it until tomorrow.

That works, thank you!
Old April 6th, 2022, 12:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, even with inflation gong crazy at the moment that price point is extremely high IMO.
Old April 6th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Those banner prices are nice. 2x4 for $20 is not bad and will work for a base for a lot of maps.
3x4 for $30 if you want a little wider.
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:38 PM

xKLUWx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Very interested in these, following for further development.
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:51 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I just found this thread so I am sorry if this is a necro, but how did you go?

I did something similar a while ago. @IAmBatman has one. This is the post I made about it. It turned out really great. Better than the picture indicates. & it wasn't that expensive in the end.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Space mat is one of my favorite things. It’s gorgeous.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles