Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2022, 06:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Relevant

I one time rolled an 8 with a Drow Chainfighter to get the same lava kill once Matthias. Most disappointing 8 of my life. I have gotten a Coil Crush though.

~Dysole, weird army player
Old March 2nd, 2022, 06:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Also Also

Technically, technically there's another custom dragon that was available at the time of the podcast in Brimstone but given that he's got a power that can kill your greenscales, he might be worse than Othkurik as a pairing.

~Dysole, who needs to get some more games in with Brimmy
Old March 2nd, 2022, 07:17 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Loved this past episode! Was thankful for the C3V inclusion. Would appreciate C3V figures at least being mentioned in the discussion when appropriate bc they're by far the easiest ones for us new players/ rebuilding players to acquire... and thus it's nice to get a little taste of a strategy breakdown on them
Old March 5th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...de-event-metas

Mike and Chris Perkins take a look at the ScapeCon I side event metas. Don't miss ScapeCon II!
Old March 6th, 2022, 11:06 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Really enjoyed this episode especially having played in several of these side events. Great analysis by Mike and Chris.
Old March 6th, 2022, 11:31 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Really enjoyed this episode especially having played in several of these side events. Great analysis by Mike and Chris.
My thoughts exactly!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 7th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great listen even for someone who didn't go to Scapecon and is unlikely for Scapecon II (well, hoping to do a day pass). Just understanding the different sidegames and getting a glimpse at the meta will help me make more fun home games!
Old March 18th, 2022, 08:08 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That was a good episode! One thing I was wondering is that you two were both in agreement that Denrick was the better pick over Raelin for ISB3's Jandar General Wars army, but you didn't fully explain why? I was just curious because even though Denrick improves your matchups into armies featuring like Charos or Grimnak (which you did mention), the significantly-improved survivability of your Knights and slightly-improved survivability of your 4th Mass that Raelin provides seems to me much more valuable overall. Are those matchups difficult enough that running Denrick over Raelin is warranted? Or is there something else that I'm overlooking?

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old March 18th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
That was a good episode! One thing I was wondering is that you two were both in agreement that Denrick was the better pick over Raelin for ISB3's Jandar General Wars army, but you didn't fully explain why? I was just curious because even though Denrick improves your matchups into armies featuring like Charos or Grimnak (which you did mention), the significantly-improved survivability of your Knights and slightly-improved survivability of your 4th Mass that Raelin provides seems to me much more valuable overall. Are those matchups difficult enough that running Denrick over Raelin is warranted? Or is there something else that I'm overlooking?
The Grimnak matchup is a big part of it, for sure. More so than the Charos matchup, since 4th are good into Charos, but Denrick is also good there as well. I think the Grimnak matchup is one of the most important ones when deciding how an army goes into the Meta.

The biggest part that we didn't discuss, though, is that the early round OM juggling with Raelin is harder. With Raelin, you're only moving Knights & 4th 1 OM each in round 1, and one squad will only have gotten 2 total OMs by the end of round 2. That is a big development hindrance for both, given that the armies weakness is losing 3-4 of each squad, and being strung out is quite painful for a multi squad army.

Also, once you lose 4-5 of each squad, if the opponents army has anything meaningful left you just lose, so Raelin doesn't do you as much good in the late game either. With 3 Knights and Denrick, you have a better chance to kill things in the late game than with 3 Knights and Raelin.

Those are my thoughts at least.
Old March 18th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
The Grimnak matchup is a big part of it, for sure. More so than the Charos matchup, since 4th are good into Charos, but Denrick is also good there as well. I think the Grimnak matchup is one of the most important ones when deciding how an army goes into the Meta.

The biggest part that we didn't discuss, though, is that the early round OM juggling with Raelin is harder. With Raelin, you're only moving Knights & 4th 1 OM each in round 1, and one squad will only have gotten 2 total OMs by the end of round 2. That is a big development hindrance for both, given that the armies weakness is losing 3-4 of each squad, and being strung out is quite painful for a multi squad army.

Also, once you lose 4-5 of each squad, if the opponents army has anything meaningful left you just lose, so Raelin doesn't do you as much good in the late game either. With 3 Knights and Denrick, you have a better chance to kill things in the late game than with 3 Knights and Raelin.

I agree with everything Chris said. I also think Raelin was really tough to utilize well in that army, given how many armies had strong range components (Syvarris, anything Vydar, 10th, MWs, etc.). Braxas is another really bad matchup for that army, and Denrick should really help against her.
Old March 19th, 2022, 11:14 PM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I agree with everything Chris said. I also think Raelin was really tough to utilize well in that army, given how many armies had strong range components (Syvarris, anything Vydar, 10th, MWs, etc.). Braxas is another really bad matchup for that army, and Denrick should really help against her.
That makes sense; especially with how Raelin handicaps the army's ability to dish out damage in the end game. Thanks for the response guys!

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old May 29th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...e-buying-guide

I walk through how to get started playing competitive classic Scape, laying out the important figures every collection needs. I also compare the top 11 armies in terms of strength, affordability, and flexibility.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion