Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM

twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Heavy Gruts

I'm just confused as to why these are rated B+, and the Knights of Weston are rated A. They are the same point cost, similar base stats (+1 move and -1 defense) and can bond with a champion much better than any of the human champions. When next to their champion vs. Knights next to Sir. Gilbert, their stats are the exact same. AND these guys have disengage, so they can slip through a hole in a screen and take out the more problematic units hiding in the back. I like these way more than the Knights.

My Trade List

MINIONS of UTGAR

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Because the OP is out-of-date:
Quote:
Originally Posted by current power rankings
A
4th Mass. Line (70*)
Blastatrons (60*)
Captain America (220)
Fen Hydra (120+)
Gladiatrons (80*)

Grimnak (120)
Heavy Gruts (70*)
Isamu (10)[/color]
Knights of Weston(70*)

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; September 29th, 2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: not any more; thanks Ry :D
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I updated the power ranking on OP. thanks.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 11th, 2011, 11:31 PM

cloudriderx1 Woo who?

Heavy Grunts are great even without chumpy. I have noticed the work well with Tornak and the Snow Swog Rider
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM

cloudriderx1 Woo who?

Loll also if you want take out a squad of heavy's to put in the red flag carrier.

fists raised
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:59 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

I was trying to use these guys in a 600 point army and the best I think I can do is:

Heavies x5
Nerak
Grimnak
Raelin

But I'm thinking the heroes won't last long and I'll be left with a few squads of heavies with no bonding option. Should I be concerned?

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

That is a great army if you ask me. I have played heavies and they are great on their own. If you use them for most of the fighting and keep your heroes just as support you will do great. Bring Grimnak in for a chomp and then get your one attack with him. keep him fighting only one figure at a time along with his free chomp and your opponent will be wondering how he will ever win.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Id cut it down to 3 squads of heavies, and go for some ranged options too. 140 points of ranged, or 220 if you choose to drop Raelin, is a very nice and round army for the gruts.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
Id cut it down to 3 squads of heavies, and go for some ranged options too. 140 points of ranged, or 220 if you choose to drop Raelin, is a very nice and round army for the gruts.
Yep, I'd drop Nerak as well.

3xHeavies
Grimnak
Raelin
2xSwog riders
2xArrow gruts would keep the theme and give some range
Tornack(?)

Leaves some points over as well

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 3rd, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: All I need are extra points
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is three squads the sweet spot here? I'm trying to decide whether to trade away my fourth squad of heavies.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Is three squads the sweet spot here? I'm trying to decide whether to trade away my fourth squad of heavies.
3 Squads is and isn't the sweet spot for these guys. Personally, I'd keep that 4th squad (unless you need the money or something like that). Heavies x4 can make a devastating impact on your opponents' demeanor in battle, and also give you a few more units to sacrifice/lose in combat (something that the Heavies can do quite nicely). Having 3 instead of 4 gives you 70 more points for Orc heroes, but the only one that helps is Nerak if you also want Tornak.

Heavies x4
Grimnak
Nerak

That's 450 right there, and its pretty devastating in my experience. A squad of Marro Warriors fleshes this build out with a fast ranged squad.

Heavies x3
Grimnak
Tornak
Nerak

That's 480 and in my hands it might not very effective. I can't say for you however. Marcu the 20 point wound soak would bring this guy up to 500, but even Wannok isn't that great (it would take 6 rounds to kill him. Very X.x if you ask me).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
4 squads is the sweet spot the majority of the time. Keep 'em.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units