Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM

TMRose is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Squad figures in common squad.

When you have multiples of common squads do you have to uses the "right figures" for said squad or can you just grabs the first few figures you grab and toss them on the board
For example I have twelve Marro drudges, do I need one of each pose or can I just grab any three Marro drudges and toss them out.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Squad figures in common squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRose View Post
When you have multiples of common squads do you have to uses the "right figures" for said squad or can you just grabs the first few figures you grab and toss them on the board
For example I have twelve Marro drudges, do I need one of each pose or can I just grab any three Marro drudges and toss them out.
Answer's in bold.

You can even proxy figures if you want to! (Proxy means that you use another figure to substitute for a given figure.)
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I myself would not care if we played, but I can tell you all my commons on the board would all be of the correct sculpt.... it is just common courtesy to do so. For targeting purposes if you need a reason.

If you are at a tourney I would recomend you play the correct suclpts just to avoid an contraversy... there really is no reason not to play that way.

edit: as far as proxies that would be beteen you and who you are playing.... and in a tournament the TD. We don't allow proxies at our tournaments.
2nd edit: Another good point Lefton4ya (I should have thought that of one ) "The only concern is with figures like marro stingers if you brought all ones that could do stinger denial, that would be cheating."

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; February 17th, 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Proxies
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

For home games, anything goes, for tournaments I have wondered that myself. Of course it is up to whoever is running the games, whether at a friend's house or large tournament. For example, I have "5" squads of heavy gruts, but it is really 4 complete squads and 2/4 figures * 2. I played it once at Origins and asked if it was alright at the game, but I should have asked ahead of time before I brought it.

The only concern is with figures like marro stingers if you brought all ones that could do stinger denial, that would be cheating.
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Technically each squad member is supposed to be properly represented.

At home/casually it's whatever both players are okay with (I'm OCD when I play a squad about having the right number of each sculpt, but I don't care what anyone else does, and I'm okay using proxies to fill in gaps in my collection).

At a tournament if it came down to it (someone seeming like they're trying to get away with something shady) I'd side with the official rules, but as long as it looks like an approximately proper mix I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Things get slightly more complicated when C3V/SoV units are allowed. The Zettian Infantry, for example: there are five sculpts in the Star Wars Minis line of that 'type' of battle droid, and as I understand, any 3 figures from that line-up of possible sculpts can be used for a squad.
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:35 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
For home games, anything goes, for tournaments I have wondered that myself. Of course it is up to whoever is running the games, whether at a friend's house or large tournament. For example, I have "5" squads of heavy gruts, but it is really 4 complete squads and 2/4 figures * 2. I played it once at Origins and asked if it was alright at the game, but I should have asked ahead of time before I brought it.

The only concern is with figures like marro stingers if you brought all ones that could do stinger denial, that would be cheating.
I hate when people link out-dated threads and expect people to go there look at the example and not expect them to post and revive it again.

Anyway, I'll just post it here: Using Stinger denial is like when your fighting your little brother and you get away from him but he comes back after you so you stick your hand out against his forehead to prevent him from hitting you (I should know, I'm the older brother. This tactic works everytime, until they start whacking at your arm). You guys know what I'm talking about and don't act like you don't.
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You really should be using the correct sculpts whenever possible.

If you don't have the correct sculpts for an event, talk to the event organizer or people attending the event, they may loan you some figs.

If you bring the AE and they are all Mr Squatty, you are trying to gain an advantage and you know it. Don't be that guy.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 16th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Its all about how seriously you take it. The rules say to use the right sculpts.

You can play Monopoly using Marro instead of the shoe if you want to, its your game. I like to have everything 'right,' but you do what you want.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's