Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 5th, 2016, 08:45 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I took my daughters to see Dr. Strange today and we all enjoyed it. Similar origins type story but a lot of neat magical elements that certainly add to the Marvel Universe repertoire.
I am glad that you enjoyed it. I have been looking really forward to this one and I didn't want to be disappointed.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 5th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
I took my daughters to see Dr. Strange today and we all enjoyed it. Similar origins type story but a lot of neat magical elements that certainly add to the Marvel Universe repertoire.
I am glad that you enjoyed it. I have been looking really forward to this one and I didn't want to be disappointed.
It has some pretty trippy visuals at times, so I would "partake" before the show

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 5th, 2016, 09:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It has some pretty trippy visuals at times, so I would "partake" before the show
Haha! Maybe back in the day.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 6th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Just be sure to stay for both post credit scenes (one during the credits, one at the very end).

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just be sure to stay for both post credit scenes (one during the credits, one at the very end).
I missed the one at the very end, just saw the first one

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 6th, 2016, 02:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just picked up the new xmen movie up today on blue ray. Last night i watched the older judge dredd with stallone on netflix. Been awhile but i still liked it. Im also excited to see dr strange.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 6th, 2016, 03:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Saw Dr. Strange as well and it was pretty good. Enjoyed it on multiple levels, but the visuals were certainly a highlight. Good humor and action. Was pleasantly surprised with how they weaved the early story hospital stuff back into the plot later in the movie.
Old November 6th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just picked up the new xmen movie up today on blue ray. Last night i watched the older judge dredd with stallone on netflix. Been awhile but i still liked it. Im also excited to see dr strange.
No, you did not like helmet-less Dredd.

The ABC Warrior was pretty sweet though.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 6th, 2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up!

Old November 6th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dr. Strange was pretty good. No match for Civil War of course but certainly better than the **** *** ******* ****** *** **** ******* DC has been putting out as of late. Out of all the Marvel movies I'd rank Dr. Strange right above Ant-Man.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 6th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm kinda liking how Strange grew over the course of the movie more than any of the other Marvel characters. The way he understood who he was and how he stood in relation to the rest of humanity experienced fundamental change of a type we haven't really previously seen.

Still not my fave from a "I had fun" perspective. There I put it solidly in the second tier with Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Man 1 but not at the tier 1 Avengers / Winter Soldier level.

~Aldin, who found himself thinking about Aladdin at a certain point

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:45 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"The clouded mind sees nothing."
--Tibetan monk, The Shadow

I just enjoyed a matinee of Dr. Strange--I'll give it a B+. The mysticism was light, the effects were awesome (How many movie credits feature a New York Tilting Unit?) and the acting was well done. Amd of course, you can meet anyone on a bus here in NYC.

Since I saw it at our brand new Brooklyn Alamo Brewhouse Cinema, where I went for the first time, I also had a good burger and a beer. I give it an A.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies