Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
No longer receiving email notifications of new posts — help?

Hi folks,

My buddy Sertorius has been complaining for a while that he was no longer receiving email notifications of new posts in threads to which he's subscribed.

We ignored it as a fluke, until, starting a week or two ago, I also no longer received email notifications.

Now Onibaku mentions to me, via PM, that he is suffering the same.

What the heck is going on?! Any help appreciated.
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: No longer receiving email notifications of new posts — h

Appears to be widespread. I still receive updates for the threads that I've set up for daily updates but no instant updates.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Appears to be widespread. I still receive updates for the threads that I've set up for daily updates but no instant updates.
Huh. I wonder whether it's selective, or whether everybody is suffering the same.
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I don't use the subscriptions, I just click the new posts link and see whats been 'updated.'

-insert signature here-
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Same here. All my subscribed threads are instant, yet I haven't gotten a email for a long time.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As i reported in another thread, I haven't gotten an e-mail notification when I receive a PM for quite a while now.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Same here. Daily updates work, but not instants. (They used to work until a few weeks ago.)

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Easy solution-turn off subscriptions and turn off email notification. That way you'll never worry if those functions are working.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; March 15th, 2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: I also never check my email, just to be *extra* certain. :p
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:30 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Easy solution-turn off subscriptions and turn off email notification. That way you'll never worry if those functions are working.
LOL well done sir!
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Should we perhaps contact an admin about this? I don't even know where to begin.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Several Scapers, including myself, have posted about this issue in the Website Issues thread, so I imagine they are aware of the situation.

I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, and this could simply be a strange coincidence, but I wonder if this could have anything to do with the issues billtrumpet25 was having? He was apparently being redirected when he tried to visit the site. If you visit the Website Issues thread and go back to about post 784 and read through, one of Bunjee's posts mentions removing a bit of code. About a week later, Porkins posts that he hadn't been receiving the e-mails for about a week. I wonder if in attempting to clean up the offending code, some other line in the programming was changed?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Several Scapers, including myself, have posted about this issue in the Website Issues thread, so I imagine they are aware of the situation.

I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, and this could simply be a strange coincidence, but I wonder if this could have anything to do with the issues billtrumpet25 was having? He was apparently being redirected when he tried to visit the site. If you visit the Website Issues thread and go back to about post 784 and read through, one of Bunjee's posts mentions removing a bit of code. About a week later, Porkins posts that he hadn't been receiving the e-mails for about a week. I wonder if in attempting to clean up the offending code, some other line in the programming was changed?
Doh! I forgot about the Website Issues subforum. Sorry, mac, to you and others for starting this thread when yours was already up.

Thanks much for the info.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online