Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Scorpion - Design Phase

I'm glad that's all it was. I didn't remember exactly, but I just remembered having to delete a lot of pictures, but I guess that was before we knew the score. Keep up the great work with the photos Griff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Sent to ERB

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

And the first one's back already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad
Wow, fantastic turn-around time! Thanks.

Tail Whip is supposed to be full attack dice against 1 figure, or 1 fewer attack die for 2 figures. We'll tweak the wording to make it clearer.

Glad you like him.

Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Ooh. I like this. Very fun. Thanks for sharing it, SirG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad
Your comments are always appreciated.
Happy Holidays!

NAME = SCORPION
SECRET IDENTITY = MAC GARGAN
SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCOPATH (PSYCHOPATH, actually)
PERSONALITY = INSANE (Is this too redundant? Sure, for the Joker, I can see this kind of redundancy and emphasis, but this guy isn't the Joker, imo. FWIW, I'd say "CRIMINAL" and "INSANE"--though, yes, I'd have to go check for too much Criminal synergy. Anyhow, just fwiw and nothing more.)
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 7 (great call)
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 190

EXPERT CLIMBING
When counting spaces for Scorpion's movement, elevation changes up to 2 levels count as one space. You may ignore Scorpion's height of 5 when climbing. Scorpion never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

[Love seeing good powers reused. Nice choice.]

TAIL WHIP
When attacking with Scorpion's normal attack, you may roll 1 fewer attack die and choose one other figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack [as well]. Roll attack dice once for both affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

[Are those two words needed? Not sure, but I had to go back and reread it to be sure it said what I thought it said.

Here's another run:

TAIL WHIP
When attacking with Scorpion's normal attack and after choosing a defending figure, you may roll 1 fewer attack die and choose one other figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack [as well?]. Roll attack dice once for both affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Anyhow, what you have works, just takes a bit of rereading to be sure of what it's doing.

Great idea for a power, btw--nice choice!]

ACID TAIL BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
If Scorpion inflicts one or more wounds with this special attack, roll the 20-sided die for Acid Damage. If you roll 15 or higher, add 1 additional Wound Marker to the defending figure's card and roll again for Acid Damage. Continue rolling for Acid Damage until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 15 or higher.

[Great! Another excellent revisit of an iconic power. Nicely done.]

SUPER STRENGTH
Really like this guys, SirG. Looking forward to all these great Spidey villains, but this is a design that really screams fun! Nicely executed.

All best, V

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's some quick turnaround. Usually David is the fastest man alive with ERB responses.

Could this change below help? I gave it the old college try.

Quote:
TAIL WHIP
When attacking with Scorpion's normal attack, you may choose to roll 1 fewer attack die and to choose one other figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for both affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

TAIL WHIP

When attacking with Scorpion's normal attack, you may choose to roll 1 fewer attack die to choose one other figure adjacent to the defending figure to be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for both affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are we still doing Psychopath? I know there was a contingent in favor of Criminal here ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

I could go Criminal here. I don't mind a lot of Criminal class units. I'd rather use the more specific classes for characters that it's really iconic for, that way when there's some kind of synergy for it, it doesn't seem out of whack.

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Business Casual

The Insane pretty much covers it, so Criminal is OK by me.

TAIL WHIP
When attacking with Scorpion's normal attack, you may choose to roll 1 fewer attack die and choose one figure adjacent to the defending figure to also be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for both affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Any better?

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I was trying to be extra fancy by replacing "and" with "to" for the heck of it, but the "and" does look better.

Old December 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good, Sir G.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Business Casual

SP updated.

Is he ready for an initial playtest?

Old December 16th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tail Whip would be a great one to reuse on Lizard.

OP looks great.
Old December 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Business Casual

So when are you at the Improv next?
Now I know how it was that 1Mmirg got his in first.
Great points and we will discuss them in-Sanctum (which is just short for Sanctuary Asylum).

Happy holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Top Chef

Padma: "Tonight on Top Chef, davidlhsl and Sir Galahad will compete in a final challenge to determine who will walk away with the title of Top Chef. The winner will also receive $100,000, courtesy of the good folks at Burt's Beer. The winner will also have a design featured in an upcoming C3G release."

(intro music and opening credits)

davidlhsl: "To be honest, I didn't really expect to make the final round. I just did a Chuck Norris design as a joke, but the design won me immunity throughout the entire competition. Still, I think Sir Galahad is the better designer, and I hope he wins."

Sir Galahad: "I'm confident moving into the finale. That Chuck Norris design was certainly creative, so it will be interesting to see what davidlhsl creates for the final challenge."

Top Chef Final Challenge: Scorpion
Time Limit: 3 hours Resources: Any ingredient in the Top Chef Kitchen, along with $1000 from Whole Foods

davidlhsl: "I've never worked with scorpions before. They're poisonous, aren't they? Man, this is a challenge! I'm in over my head!"

Sir Galahad: "Ah, Scorpion! Three hours is pretty tight, so I really need to focus!"

Three hours later...

Padma: "Time's up!"

Tom: "davidlhsl, tell us about your design."

davidlhsl: "Well, my Scorpion has flying, because I picture Superman picking up scorpions off the ground and throwing them at Lex Luthor. He also has a Pincer Special Attack, which is a 2-die attack where the defender gets to roll an 8-sided die."

Tom: "I'm not sure that really qualifies for flying."

Padma: "Sir Galahad, tell me about your design."

Sir Galahad: "My Scorpion focuses on his potent tail. He can use his tail for either a normal attack or a special attack. Plus, he as Expert Climbing."

Tom: "Wow, he can really get around with a Move of 7 and Expert Climbing!"

Padma: "Well, good luck to you both. We'll call you when we've reached a final decision."

Judge's Table

Tom: "davidlhsl hasn't really done much since Chuck Norris. Sir Galahad, on the other hand, made great use of Scorpion's tail. His normal attack gives the attacker the choice to sacrifice one attack die to strike a figure adjacent to the defender. That adjacent figure doesn't even have to be engaged with Scorpion to work. The only question is whether Scorpion would have height advantage if he has height on the defender but not the adjacent figure."

Padma: "Scorpion can also use his tail for a special attack, which has range. It's similar to Sujoah's Poison Sting. Would he need to have a comma after 'the figure is destroyed?' Also, would 'Wound Marker' need to be capitalized?"

Tom: "It wasn't on Sujoah's card, but remember that C3G has developed their own standards concerning wording. I've also been confused about how abilities such as Expert Climbing works with vertical climbs greater than 2. For example, do you just consider just the hex sides, or do you include the hex sides and the top of the hex? I think you'd just count each elevation change of 2 along the hex sides as one space, not including the top of the hex. That's because the top of the hex isn't an elevation change, even though you spend a movement point to reach it. So I think I'm a little more clear about the way it works now."

Padma: "Sir Galahad's Scorpion is a very fun and well-thought design. I think we have a clear winner. Sir Galahad certainly has the better Scorpion."

Tom: "That's true. But don't forget that davidlhsl has incriminating photos of the two of us he could post on the internet. Tough call, but I'll vote for davidlhsl."

Padma: "Well, I look pretty hot, so the photos don't both me. I'll vote for Sir G."

Tom: "That takes us to a tie. We'll need to bring in our tie-breaker."

He Who Shall Not Be Named: "I really don't like the theme on either of these designs. Honestly, is this the best you guys can --" (BLAM!)

IAmBatman (enters with Griffin): "Nice shot."

Griffin: "Merry Christmas, Bats. The winner is: Sir Galahad!"

Tom (to Griffin): "When you see davidlhsl, could you look for any photos he might have and return them to me, please?"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library