Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old December 12th, 2006, 10:04 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Thus I determine the following: Who lick at its Heroscape figures, or it into the eye puts blindly or one impotent!
that sounds like yoda's goofy brother.

¡dn sʇɐɥʍ
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Quote:
Thus I determine the following: Who lick at its Heroscape figures, or it into the eye puts blindly or one impotent!
that sounds like yoda's goofy brother.

Old December 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
We all gonna die! No one here can deny at least once tasting the glory of being a hs figure!

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
These are manufactured in China. The chinese are always trying to use inferior paint with lead in it. ALL toy manufacturers test each batch that arrives to see if there is lead. If they find any, they ship em back to China!! Happens all the time.
The dodgy painters sand them down and splash on a second coat, essentially resurrecting the figures - Hence we get zombie 4th Mass and Monks.
Old December 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdagreat
We all gonna die! No one here can deny at least once tasting the glory of being a hs figure!
uh, i can. what could you possibly hope to gain by putting krug in your mouth?
Old December 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Speak for yourself .
Krug isnt the best tasting. With a little spice he can be a nice entree .

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Serious Issue

Okay, I just want to take a moment to be serious about this, because this may be something you guys should be aware of.

I read about this issue on the D&D miniatures boards, where there were several long threads on the issue. It's difficult to understand the jumbled English that dra(gon) is showing us, but the issue has nothing to do with paint or lead. The plastic that Hasbro/WotC uses for these minis apparently contains chemicals that are harmful and possibly carcinogenic. Apparently it has something to do with the chaemicals that make the plastics soft and bendable. And yeah...that odor that you smell when you open up a storage box...is not good for you, so don't waft it in.

The EU has adopted much stricter guidelines about PVC, then we have in the United States, and apparently, they are starting to ban the import of some of these minis games (from what I gather).

There is a lot of debate about how bad PVC really is. You have the cooky environmental extremists doing their usual fear mongering. But the consensus seems to be that these chemicals are really only dangerous in large doses, so unless you eat one, you'll probably never have a problem. Still, I prefer to err on the side of caution. For example, not wafting in the smell of the minis, because those fumes do posses small amounts of toxin (though not enough to ever really hurt you). Based on bendability and the "smell" factor, I think D&D minis probably have more of that softening agent than Heroscape figs do.

So, have you guys heard about this stuff before?

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old December 13th, 2006, 03:24 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
i know . and can tell you that that hs is in the eu"banned" bcause the age factor . war hammer figures are for kids like 12. it is becase young child maybe 8 or less can take them in their mouth.

nobody will put a blank wh figure in their mouth.

and fact is the eu banned som "weichmacher"(softmaker) in plastik.
Old December 13th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
friends licking some figures. Better get those gals tested Truth!
MUST REFRAIN FROM COMMENT Must.......stop......joke.... can't stop....must

BAhhhhh! Who am I kidding. Truth. You heard the man.

as for the plastic issue. Maybe hasbro will stop outsourcing this stuff to 3rd world countries and make it here in the US like it should.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:48 AM
#2 CoNer & Master Storyteller

Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
Maybe hasbro will stop outsourcing this stuff to 3rd world countries and make it here in the US like it should.
Excellent point. Why ship all of those tasty molded plastic manufacturing jobs out of the country? Of course, we'll be paying $50 a booster, but it's a small price to pay in exchange for creating more crappy jobs for America's illegal immigrants.

Seriously, though, this is good information. I doubt I would have let my kids chew on Grimnak anyway, but it's good to know it wouldn't just be paranoia.
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
having it made in the US, would mean no price break for walmart and they would have it for 12.99 like everyone else. Wouldn't mean $50 a booster. Which, if it was made 100% (packaging and all) here in the US. I'd be more than happy to pay the extra $3 per booster.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM

Mr. Manfredsenjenson has disabled reputation
I sent a question about this topic to Hasbro. It has been over a week and still no reply. Usually (in my experience) they are very prompt with any and all Heroscape related replies. I realize there has been a shift in whose responsibility it is to field gameplay related questions, but this seems to be more of a "consumer awareness" issue.

I used to kill for the CIA.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News