Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM

eggsaladsandwich has disabled reputation
hs card sleeves

Although HMG 's protector sleeves are of higher quality, for those of us on tight budgets who want to protect their official cards theres a site called "sleevetown.com" that sells packs of 100 clear cd protectors that are perfect for HS cards for 5 bucks per pack.I apologise if someone has already posted this information. (once at the site, look under "plastic cd covers")
eggsaladsandwich
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Just use clear ziplock sandwich bags if you are on a budget. Over 100 for less then three bucks.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk
Just use clear ziplock sandwich bags if you are on a budget. Over 100 for less then three bucks.
tried that...way too flimsy and time consuming to get a nice vacuum seal so they would lie flat. :P
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
You just press the air out. It doesn't need to be air tight to lie flat. Mine work fine.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM

sodtiwaz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I buy from here but thats just me. I've purchased 200 DVD cases from them (went in on a bulk deal with a few friends) so I could put my used dvd's I purchase from hastings/gamestop in them since the cases they usually give you look like they've been through WWIII and always have stickers that leave residue...

They offer free shipping and honestly I don't see most people needing more than 100-300 sleeves.

Not sure on the quality of these sleeves but I've got some in transit so PM me if you want pics, thickness, etc.
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:01 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
I also suggest CD sleeves. but I use the type with flaps:

so the card is fully enclosed

here's a pic of one of our game, where you can see the cards in sleeves:

Old August 16th, 2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi

those look exactly like the ones i suggested from sleevetown.com 100 for 4.99 with flaps and clear on both sides.

Another days useless energy spent.
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:33 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Personally, I suggest you use magic to protect your cards, but that's just me. All you nerds can go out and buy stuff if you want. :P
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:35 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsaladsandwich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi

those look exactly like the ones i suggested from sleevetown.com 100 for 4.99 with flaps and clear on both sides.
I purchase them in a (real, not online) computer store.
the first pic is from a quick search in Google images. don't know where it is from...
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Personally, I suggest you use magic to protect your cards, but that's just me. All you nerds can go out and buy stuff if you want. :P
magic doesnt protect the cards when your opponent spays beer from his nose after having his DW9000 taken down by an arrow grut (with height disadvantage no less).

Another days useless energy spent.
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Many of us are not as skilled in the magic arts as you Billtog. So we are forced to come up with other means to protect our cards.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:03 AM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
I'm gonna check out Comp USA and Office Max for the protectors, thanks for the suggestions guys!

P.S. YES the beer thing has happened before, thankfully it didn't reach the cards, but some of the hexes weren't so lucky. All was after I got the Eisenwein (is that even close?) vampire lord got 3 insta kills in 1 round with Chilling touch, as in 19, 17, and 20 rolls on big units.

Another time was when one of my Deathwalkers was hit for one skull and I had 11 dice (due to Aura and height) and rolled not a single shield. Worst day ever

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion