Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is a tough game. After a few days of playing it, and restarting my game a few times (all on Very Easy), I was finally able to successfully defend one of my planets against a siege today! And I managed to win an uncontrolled planet in a smaller battle, although I wouldn't have won if it weren't for my many reinforcements.

Even though I'm having a hard time with the game, I really love it! Personally, I think it's one of the best RTS games out there.
What are you doing first? I usually build 1 of each research facility (empire and war), then build a capital ship factory and a capital ship. Then I build 3 discovery ships and set them to auto explore while I build up a bunch of basic attack ships. Haven't had any problems ever losing a battle despite my first game being constantly raided by pirates. Even managed to take over a homeworld in the game I'm currently in.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is a tough game. After a few days of playing it, and restarting my game a few times (all on Very Easy), I was finally able to successfully defend one of my planets against a siege today! And I managed to win an uncontrolled planet in a smaller battle, although I wouldn't have won if it weren't for my many reinforcements.

Even though I'm having a hard time with the game, I really love it! Personally, I think it's one of the best RTS games out there.
What are you doing first? I usually build 1 of each research facility (empire and war), then build a capital ship factory and a capital ship. Then I build 3 discovery ships and set them to auto explore while I build up a bunch of basic attack ships. Haven't had any problems ever losing a battle despite my first game being constantly raided by pirates. Even managed to take over a homeworld in the game I'm currently in.
Generally, at the very beginning of a new game, I look at what technologies I feel I need at the moment and build research bases accordingly (usually a couple Military bases). I also build a couple basic attack ships, and a colony ship to capture a nearby planet.

When I capture a new planet, I explore it (at least 50%). Then I increase the tactical slot and logistics slot, that way I can build more structures. Depending on what I want researched, I build some research bases. After the research bases, I build hangars/repair stations. Normally, I don't build many frigate factories, let alone capital ship factories. My strategy is mainly to utilize the factories already availabe, building my fleet from those.

Actually, after typing all of this out, I think I see my main flaw - I'm not expanding my empire at a uniform, steady rate. I see that I need to balance out my military, economy, and research to a healthier level.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:30 AM

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Are you maxing population on new planets ASAP? Not doing so will slow your econ.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Are you maxing population on new planets ASAP? Not doing so will slow your econ.
No I'm not. I usually do that after exploring, expanding tactical/logistic slots, and building emergency shelter things.

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No I'm not. I usually do that after exploring, expanding tactical/logistic slots, and building emergency shelter things.
Population is way more important. I would do that first.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After trying your suggestions for a few days, my success rate has increased quite a bit! And I changed from playing TEC to playing Advent. Advent seems easier, IMO. I'm still on the easiest mode. After playing this morning a little bit, I was able to take another planet, and defend one of my important frontier planets from an invading TEC force (a rather large and annoying one at that - they kept bringing in small reinforcements, but luckily I had a couple ship factories at that planet for my own needed reinforcements). As I continue to play, I keep seeing more of the different strategies there are to the game, such as early control of certain planets and obtaining a balanced amount of resources. Still enjoying it!

EDIT: After playing more tonight, my current game is at a bit of a stalemate, and, financially, my empire is starting to crumble. And it doesn't help that the enemy (TEC) has their nuke superweapon. I read online that to get my tax income out of the negatives, I need to build more trade ports.

Last edited by 'Scaper94; July 22nd, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dungeons of Dredmor - How have I not played this before!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After trying your suggestions for a few days, my success rate has increased quite a bit! And I changed from playing TEC to playing Advent. Advent seems easier, IMO. I'm still on the easiest mode. After playing this morning a little bit, I was able to take another planet, and defend one of my important frontier planets from an invading TEC force (a rather large and annoying one at that - they kept bringing in small reinforcements, but luckily I had a couple ship factories at that planet for my own needed reinforcements). As I continue to play, I keep seeing more of the different strategies there are to the game, such as early control of certain planets and obtaining a balanced amount of resources. Still enjoying it!

EDIT: After playing more tonight, my current game is at a bit of a stalemate, and, financially, my empire is starting to crumble. And it doesn't help that the enemy (TEC) has their nuke superweapon. I read online that to get my tax income out of the negatives, I need to build more trade ports.

Your tax income should never be negative on a planet if you built maximum population and let the population grow. At worst you will break dead even on Asteroids, at least in my experience. But Trade Ports will increase cash flow greatly.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your tax income should never be negative on a planet if you built maximum population and let the population grow. At worst you will break dead even on Asteroids, at least in my experience. But Trade Ports will increase cash flow greatly.
I upgraded the population on all of my planets. But right now I have an overall negative tax rate. Howeve, I do have a decent amount of metal/crystal, which I can sell to produce more trade ports.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I found a rifle and a hatchet in Day Z. Stopped playing because my character is hungry and I don't want to blow my one can of beans when I might be able to get by for a while without eating them. I'm trying to look up how hunger works in this game, that way as soon as I hit starving I can eat it. I hope you don't just randomly drop dead from hunger in this game, lol.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I upgraded the population on all of my planets. But right now I have an overall negative tax rate. However, I do have a decent amount of metal/crystal, which I can sell to produce more trade ports.
You have an overall negative tax rate? So overall you are losing money? My only guess is that you waaaayyyyy overextended your military and researched the upgrade that lets you have more ships. I own an entire galaxy in my game and I am only on the 3rd or 4th upgrade there. Have you upgraded that at all? That makes your upkeep go up significantly.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I upgraded the population on all of my planets. But right now I have an overall negative tax rate. However, I do have a decent amount of metal/crystal, which I can sell to produce more trade ports.
You have an overall negative tax rate? So overall you are losing money? My only guess is that you waaaayyyyy overextended your military and researched the upgrade that lets you have more ships. I own an entire galaxy in my game and I am only on the 3rd or 4th upgrade there. Have you upgraded that at all? That makes your upkeep go up significantly.
Ah, that's my issue right there! I thought it was a bit odd that I had an extra 300-500 ship slots available. I'll restrain from buying that anymore than needed. Is it okay to continue purchasing Capital Ship slots?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games