Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
The Unoffical Marvel Power Rankings

I'm suprised someone hasn't done this yet, and because the Marvel boards do not get much attention, I am going to take up the project of the Marvel Power Rankings

I am going to base this off of spider_posion's power ranking thread, along with Nadom's What's in a Marvel Order Marker

Because it is in the first draft, I will not be using +/- scores and only keep them in the A-F range

I also admit that I am not the best player, and do not get much playtime so I am not exactly the best to judge. I have only played with each figure no more than twice, so all scores are mainly based on a first impression. More play from myself and comments from others will really help this project (along with more releases)

All scores I am trying to base off of a Mixed game valued only within Marvel, meaning an F here is not equal to an F on spider poison's, but judged the same way. The fact that they are all Medium have (or have they?) not been considered yet

Abomination - With enough move to avoid range, and enough attack to take out anyone, Abomination is the best base attack hitter there is. Though for 50 more points I would rather pick Hulk for squad killing, or the Silver Surfer for the same price - C

Captain America - With senergy with everyone in the entire game, America is the best figure you could pick for a Mixed game. Raelin, Taelord, and Charos all rolled into one, and not as expensive as them all combined, and Valiant to boost those 4th. Mass. Not the biggest heavy hitter in the Marvel set though - A

Dr. Doom - Quite possibly the best looking sculpt in the Marvel set, and the Classic game(!). Unfortunatly his stats don't compare. His mind control has a better chance of working than Mindshackle but unfortunatly you can only keep the figure for the rest of the turn. The best use of him I can see is being able to throw your opponents most expensive figure (Taelord, Q9) into lava. The 5 extra points hurts also - C

Incredible Hulk - The potental for the highest Attack in the game, and none of the weaknesses of Krug, and squad killing too! The ridiculous cost might not be worth it though - B

Iron Man - Weak stats, weak paint job, and boring powers, Iron Man is my most hated in the set. His points don't justify it either. I hope in the movie is cooler than how he is portrayed here. Pick AWAsome for a better justified cost - D

Red Skull - His power is cool, well one of them, the other hardly has a chance of working (much like Runa's). Very good at making a Swiss Army Knife type of army with a bunch of cheap Hero's, and that might not be enough to justify his cost, along with his very weak stats, even for classic (better than Taelord though) - C

Silver Surfer - His awesome second move ability more than makes up for his average attack, and his Cosmic Blast can take out most figures (at the expense of moving again), and Stealth Flying, the Surfer competes with Captain America for the best in the set - A

Spider-Man - I don't see why you would spend 10 more points over Venom for the Spider, he can be useful and annoying to kill, as his Spider Sence keeps him alive to the endgame - B

Thanos - Good stats, high price. The possibility of getting a 360 point figure TWICE is almost to good to pass up (for a whopping 720 points). Use him early, use him often, and pray to god you get him back. The rest of your army might not be able to carry you - B

Venom - I have to quote Johnny139 here: "...when Spidey avoids an attack, he swings away, out of range. When Venom avoids an attack, he laughs insanely and swings towards his aggressor, then proceding to beat the everloving snot out of him. Plus, his sculpt looks awesome." - That perfecty describes Venom. I prefer him over Spider-Man, but unlucky rolls on the D-20 can ruin your game - B

A Units

Captain America
Silver Surfer

B Units

Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man
Thanos
Venom

C Units

Abomination
Red Skull
Dr. Doom

D Units

Iron Man

The Books of MarvelScape - By Firemaster

What's in a Marvel Order Marker - By Nadom

The HeroScape Power Rankings - By spider_posion

The Books of HeroScape- By Revdyer

The Unit Strategy Review Index- By Firemaster

More specificly

Captain America- By Tablewalker

Red Skull- By Tablewalker

Thank you for any comments

Click Above for My Sig Link

Last edited by tyguy94920; May 16th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Unoffical Marvel Power Rankings

They started the ranking discussion about 2 days ago over in the main power ranking forum.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM

Crap, I never visit that thread

Oh well :sigh:

Old May 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

However, it might be interesting to have rankings for pure Marvel games here, if the other thread is going to consider their value in mixed games.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Crap, I never visit that thread

Oh well :sigh:
Hey we can use ALL the help we can get. If you are enthusiastic and want to help out well by all means come on over and offer your input.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You've got to remember that both Iron Man and Dr. Doom are ranged fliers. Iron Man has double attack in that, and Dr. Doom has mind exchange potential for an extra turn with another figure. I would say that both deserve higher ranking.
I would also bump Spidey up to B/B+ - his Spider-Sense is actually quite reliable, making him very hard to kill, and he has enough attack to reliably wittle away the enemy in the meantime. I think he's worth every bit of his points.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You've got to remember that both Iron Man and Dr. Doom are ranged fliers. Iron Man has double attack in that, and Dr. Doom has mind exchange potential for an extra turn with another figure. I would say that both deserve higher ranking.
I would also bump Spidey up to B/B+ - his Spider-Sense is actually quite reliable, making him very hard to kill, and he has enough attack to reliably wittle away the enemy in the meantime. I think he's worth every bit of his points.
Agreed Spidey is definitely a B+

I'd say Iron Man is a C+

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can't argue with you there, Hahn. I think that the Iron Man/Captain America combo is one of the best Marvelscape has to offer.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Can't argue with you there, Hahn. I think that the Iron Man/Captain America combo is one of the best Marvelscape has to offer.
Agreed.

So what about Hulk? Thoughts?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Hulk can take any hero out one on one, he isn't as vulnerable to range as you'd think since he can one hop 10 spaces, and his special attack really helps thin out hordes.
That said, his cost is phenomenally high and he sees to not earn his cost as often as he earns it for me. So I think the B ranking is probably about right for him. Great unit, but always has a target on his head and isn't that hard to take out with concentrated fire. Definitely a guy who proves the worth of Krug too.

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
However, it might be interesting to have rankings for pure Marvel games here, if the other thread is going to consider their value in mixed games.
Yeah, I have been in the workings of doing power rankings for the Marvel figures for the last couple days. However, I won't be doing rankings for strictly Marvel games (where no classic figs are allowed). That's kind of why I feel that the best place for my Marvel rankings would actually be with the classic Heroscape forums. I don't mean to steal or trump your hard work, but I have been hashing through things lately.
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I really can't explain how I am trying to rate the figures here, but I will to the best of my ability

In a Mixed game, all of these have the ability to be worth their points, and all would be rated B- and above in my opinion, but a power ranking thread that looks like:

Quote:
B Units

Abomination
Dr. Doom
Incredable Hulk
Iron Man
Red Skull
Spider-Man
Thanos
Venom
Is kind of boring, and doesn't give enough information to give a correct opinion

But in a Marvel only game, I believe none are worth their points, and turns out to be whoever is luckyer with the dice

So I ended up with a opinion from both points of view

1- They are tested within a Mixed game setting, but,
2- They are rated within their worth in the set

Is Iron Man as bad as Deathwalker 7000? no

Do I believe he is the worst of the set? Yes

Last edited by tyguy94920; May 14th, 2008 at 10:33 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion