Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 4th, 2022, 07:51 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

And will there still be squads?
I assume with the mentioning of not wanting to make the unique/common figure distribution model issue again that that solidifies squads.
Old August 8th, 2022, 01:35 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not that there's hundreds of questions being thrown at you or anything but here's another...

Are we getting our Dwarven army?

Congrats on the revival...I look forward to playing with the new units and crushing my kids armies (of course I'll probably have to cheat to do that but...).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 8th, 2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Kid's, the gift that keeps on taking. And for some reason, you don't mind.
Old August 8th, 2022, 03:51 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I'm curious about how the Heroscape revival will impact future releases from Soaring Rhino? I was really disappointed when the Mammoth kickstarter failed and hope that development continues on that game and others.

P.S Super excited Heroscape is back! It's a day that I never thought would come and even more excited to hear that you and others from this community are directly involved in the revival!

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old August 8th, 2022, 04:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
I'm curious about how the Heroscape revival will impact future releases from Soaring Rhino? I was really disappointed when the Mammoth kickstarter failed and hope that development continues on that game and others.

P.S Super excited Heroscape is back! It's a day that I never thought would come and even more excited to hear that you and others from this community are directly involved in the revival!
I had the pleasure of playtesting Mammoth at a con with Jeff. I thought for sure it would be successful. A great game, especially if you like Carcassone.

Old August 8th, 2022, 04:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I had the pleasure of playtesting Mammoth at a con with Jeff. I thought for sure it would be successful. A great game, especially if you like Carcassone.
Same here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2022, 05:27 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post

I was a supporter for all the Soaring Rhino games and was really hoping they could become successful.

Their attempt at a "crowd sourced" game (Massive Core) seemed really cool. Maybe there is hope yet...but in lieu of SR taking off, I'm glad to see CVN found a way back in with Hasbro.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 9th, 2022, 08:04 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Craig! Congratulations on reviving the best game ever!!!!

Unpainted minis are one thing, but I REALLY want to know:
is this still going to be the battle of all time???

That concerns me more! The pictures from GenCon don't excite me the way that Rise of the Valkyrie box did way back when. Are there going to be iconic not-heroes the way Syvarris was not-Legolas and the Krav Maga were not-Matrix? Are there going to be historical units? That was the real magic of HeroScape for me, and I find it incredibly impressive how C3V has managed to keep the three pillars of HeroScapeGenres (Fantasy, Scifi and History) going and even expand on it to include more (like horror), even though they only work with a limited selection of painted miniatures from other games.

The dragon looks amazing! I don't know if some of the other miniatures would make the cut at SoV or C3V - they have been leery of humanoid medium fantasy heroes.

Yes, it will be the battle for all time, and there will be squads!
Old August 9th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Cool Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Craig! Congratulations on reviving the best game ever!!!!

Unpainted minis are one thing, but I REALLY want to know:
is this still going to be the battle of all time???

That concerns me more! The pictures from GenCon don't excite me the way that Rise of the Valkyrie box did way back when. Are there going to be iconic not-heroes the way Syvarris was not-Legolas and the Krav Maga were not-Matrix? Are there going to be historical units? That was the real magic of HeroScape for me, and I find it incredibly impressive how C3V has managed to keep the three pillars of HeroScapeGenres (Fantasy, Scifi and History) going and even expand on it to include more (like horror), even though they only work with a limited selection of painted miniatures from other games.

The dragon looks amazing! I don't know if some of the other miniatures would make the cut at SoV or C3V - they have been leery of humanoid medium fantasy heroes.

Yes, it will be the battle for all time, and there will be squads!

Thanks for updating us with new info Craig. I'm glad to see you back at the helm.

Old August 10th, 2022, 01:06 AM

Mr. Phats is surprisingly tart

Hi Craig!

With the recent news of Heroscape coming back, I thought I'd ask some questions!

1. What inspired you to make this wonderful game?

2. What units did you enjoy working on the most?

3. Is there a possibility that some of the classic expansions of yesteryear might see a re-release at some point?

4. Do you play with customs? If so, are there any that you're particularly fond of?

5. Why is Q9 so OP?

You're gonna carry that weight... all 250 pounds of it.
Old August 10th, 2022, 07:24 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phats View Post
Hi Craig!

With the recent news of Heroscape coming back, I thought I'd ask some questions!

1. What inspired you to make this wonderful game?

2. What units did you enjoy working on the most?

3. Is there a possibility that some of the classic expansions of yesteryear might see a re-release at some point?

4. Do you play with customs? If so, are there any that you're particularly fond of?

5. Why is Q9 so OP?
1. We wanted to make a game that was a light minis game. Kinda like HeroQuest is a light version of D&D. I have always loved minis. Stephen Baker, who played a big role in the design of Heroscape, has soooo many minis. We would play historical battles and 40K. I think one of my personal inspirations was a game Baker designed called Dinosaurier. I think that's why there's Gruts riding dinosaurs in Heroscape.

2. Looking back, I would say the original ROTV set was a ton of fun. Just choosing what to put in the first set was crazy. We had the same fun working on the new stuff this go around.

3. I think we will just have to see how things go. Relaunching all new at the start just seemed like the right thing to do.

4. I don't play with customs. But I have read many many many customs, and I have said this before, the designs are pretty awesome, especially ones from C3V or the ones approved by SOV.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:28 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, first of all.

Great to hear that this game system is receiving attention again! It is, in my opinion after playing through a lot of games workshop systems, the best Skirmish wargame you could pick up. Just wanted to say, great job the first go around, and I'm super excited to see what more you have to give!

My question is: Will this second edition see any core rules updates/ rules updates to pre-existing units such as the ROTV units?

Second, and this is probably a bit far out in the development pipeline, but is there interest in returning to the booster waves format of releasing several boxes at once, or would you be using a different uh, sales tactic? Assuming second edition sells well enough to encourage further expansion.
Old August 16th, 2022, 04:39 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Interview with Craig and Stephen Buonocore! Great stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion