Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
UHS Brainstorming Thread

United Halo 'Scapers
Brainstorming

This thread is created for the purpose of serving as a receptacle for all of the rough ideas for units and gameplay mechanics that can be tossed around by the members of UHS. Anything can happen here, from full-blown unit ideas to miniature suggestions to treasure glyph concepts. This is where the most free-flowing discussion will take place.

Should a member think that an idea is ready to move on to Playtesting, that member must first create a Book of the unit, and then propose that the unit move on to Playtesting. The format for creating a Book of a unit is posted below.

Book Format:

Spoiler Alert!
This Thread is based off of the HoME Brainstorming Thread.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; December 11th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: UHS Brainstorming Thread

Major Items to focus on ATM:

Weapons:
Spoiler Alert!

Energy Shielding:
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For the Weapon Classes:
I think that classes are a good idea, though we should probable add faction to it to, so you can't have a Jackle Sniper start with a Sniper Rifle System.

For the Shield:
Here is some wording fixes:

ENERGY SHIELDING #
Start the game with # blue Shield markers on this card. When <unit> would receive a wound(s) one or more wounds, you must remove one Shield Marker from this card for each wound inflicted. Each Shield marker removed prevents one of those wounds. At the end of each round, place one Shield Marker on this card, to a maximum of # markers.

Look like this:

ENERGY SHIELDING #
Start the game with # blue Shield markers on this card. When <unit> would receive one or more wounds, you must remove one Shield Marker from this card for each wound inflicted. Each Shield marker removed in this manner prevents one of those wounds. At the end of each round, place one Shield Marker on this card, to a maximum of # markers.

And thanks for posting these, Fi.

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I would really prefer that we drop all the M16, Type-25 nonsense on the weapon names. I've played Halo for years and have no stinking clue what any of that even means, nor have I seen any of it before. I think we should use the names straight from the games.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I would really prefer that we drop all the M16, Type-25 nonsense on the weapon names. I've played Halo for years and have no stinking clue what any of that even means, nor have I seen any of it before. I think we should use the names straight from the games.
Okay, so isn't just me. And I definitely agree.

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Just posting some of the Designs:

Quote:
THE BOOK OF Flood Infaction Forms

UHS WAVE #: (WAVE NAME)

Game PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Halo 10th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Flood Infection.

NAME = Flood Infection Forms
FACTION = Flood

SPECIES = Flood
UNIQUENESS = Common Squad (of 3)
CLASS = Infection
PERSONALITY = Mindless
SIZE and HEIGHT = Small 2

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 1
POINTS = ??

FLOOD MOVEMENT
You may move up to 9 Flood Infection Forms that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 6 Flood Infection Forms. You may attack with any 6 Flood Infection Forms, even Flood Infection Form that you did not move this turn. When moving up or down levels of terrain, Flood Infection Forms may triple their Height.

INFECT
When a Flood Infection Form destroys a Small or Medium figure, immediately place one previously destroyed Flood Combat Form you control on the space previously occupied by the destroyed figure.

MOB ATTACK
When a Flood Infection Form attacks, it receives 1 additional attack die for each other Flood Infection Form you control engaged with the defending figure, to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice for Mob Attack.

UHS Synergy

Art
  • Game/Comic Pictures
  • Miniature Pictures
  • Background Pictures

My SuperScape Maps

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; December 11th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM
C3G Super League MVP

More of the Designs:

Quote:
THE BOOK OF Flood Carrier Form

UHS WAVE #: (WAVE NAME)

Game PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Halo 10th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #025 / Flood Carrier.

NAME = Flood Carrier Form
FACTION = Flood

SPECIES = Flood
UNIQUENESS = Uncommon Hero
CLASS = Carrier
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE and HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ??

FLOOD CARRIER
Every time this Flood Carrier Form is placed on the battlefield, you may choose up to 6 Flood Infection Form you control to not start the game on the battlefield, or up to 6 previously destroyed Flood Infection Forms you control, and place them on this card. After taking a turn with this Flood Carrier Form, you may choose to destroy it. When this Flood Carrier Form is destroyed, all figures adjacent to it receive one wound, and you may then place all Flood Infection Forms from this card unto spaces adjacent to the space this Flood Carrier Form previously occupied. Any Flood Infection Forms from this card that you cannot place on the battlefield are immediately destroyed.

UHS Synergy

Art
  • Game/Comic Pictures
  • Miniature Pictures
  • Background Pictures

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

I was thinking, maybe Infection could affect adjacent opponent's units destroyed instead of opponent's units destroyed BY the Infection Forms.
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:18 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
I was thinking, maybe Infection could affect adjacent opponent's units destroyed instead of opponent's units destroyed BY the Infection Forms.
I don't think that work thematically, and that could be really good.

My SuperScape Maps
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that the default 'player' character that would be used Deathmatch/Capture the Flag/etc. game modes should first as a foundation to base all the weapons/gear/baddies on.

Something with below-average stats that's easily kill-able but still counts as an individual unit, for example:

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Uncommon Hero
CLASS = Soldier?
- If you want to prevent synergy you could go with Commando/Warrior/Marine/etc.
PERSONALITY = Disciplined?
SIZE and HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3, depending on how durable you want them to be, this could be lowered or raised by 1
MOVE = 5 should be just right, anything less and heavy weapons will cripple them with 2-3 move
RANGE = 1 If you don't expect everyone to have a weapon than 6 should be a good default range.
ATTACK = 2 Should be low or there's no real point in using weapons
DEFENSE = 3 Seems about right, could lower it to 2 if necessary
POINTS = 10

Weapons: In my opinion not everyone should be able to use weapons(Certain Halo Aliens, The Marro Hive, etc.), so I suggest:

A.) Giving weapon and equipment users a special ability that specifies they can use equipment. (For example: Well Equipped: This figure can pick-up and use equipment glyphs.)

B.) Giving non-weapon users an ability that says they can not use treasure glyphs. (Example: Monstrous: This figure can not pickup or use treasure glyphs)

C.) Only use Halo Weapons and Equipment in specified campaigns and scenarios such as Red vs Blue, Capture the Flag, etc.

D.) Something else. (Or just leave it as it is now I guess)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:46 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Me reasoning was that Infection Forms aren't really the primary fighting force and that they're always infecting dead bodies.

Also, are the going to have to self-destruct to make a Combat Form, or play like Zombies?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Me reasoning was that Infection Forms aren't really the primary fighting force and that they're always infecting dead bodies.

Also, are the going to have to self-destruct to make a Combat Form, or play like Zombies?
We could give them something like Deathwalker 7000's Self Destruct, but with them rolling for how many infection forms are produced. The infection forms can then have a power that allows them to roll for what the destroyed figure turns into, combat or carrier form.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum