Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: A thorough reexamination of Heroscape

Some good stuff here, and some I don't agree with. I would try some of these units with my friends for a change now and then.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

These are different than Official Units Revisited. I don't know which is more updated, but I assume these were made with playing the rule changes at the while the revisited units were not. I guess if you play by normal rules, than the changes in the thread may not fit right.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
These are different than Official Units Revisited. I don't know which is more updated, but I assume these were made with playing the rule changes at the while the revisited units were not. I guess if you play by normal rules, than the changes in the thread may not fit right.

That's exactly right. All of the units in this thread were balanced with regard to the custom rules presented in the OP. We've been playing with these rules for quite a while, and the units in this thread are a little more polished than the "Official Units Revisited" set of units.
Old November 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

This looks like a pretty interesting redesign of HS. I'm mostly bumping it so that people can browse and see what they think of the units established here.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:32 PM

Ramses800 is surprisingly tart

I just wished rouby44 had put them all together in a single PDF-file for easier printing

Old November 27th, 2014, 11:17 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh wow. I had never seen this thread until now. Thanks for bumping it, @flameslayer93 . Very interesting.
Old November 27th, 2014, 11:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Oh wow. I had never seen this thread until now. Thanks for bumping it, @flameslayer93 . Very interesting.
Me neither. @lefton4ya linked it in another thread, so I figured I'd bump this thread so that everyone who doesn't click everything can check it out.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:43 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, I left the game for like three years, then a friend spurred my renewed interest. I come back to browse through my old thread and see that it's been bumped very recently with some interest.

I don't know if I could make a PDF of all the cards - I might have lost the old hard drive that contained all of my HS files. But if I still have everything, I'll see what I can do.
Old January 13th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Actually, using Windows Image Print function and a PDF printer makes it easy to print all the unit cards images into a single PDF - it worked for me. [EDIT] that's not entirely true, the scale became right off[/EDIT]

Did you do the cards in MSE?

If you are going to revise anything, I noticed some smaller flaws with the cards here:

-Zettian Guards Hit Area only depicts 2 figures
-Deepwyrm Drow has title Drow Chainfighter
-Deepwyrm Drow is listed as Common Hero

Also, might I suggest putting some kind of identifying icon/text on the cards so it is easy to distinguish them from Classic cards?

Some changes were very small and not really changing anything, like Major Q10 who had his Personality changed from Merciful to Precise?

Now, another question, all the other units that is not covered by these cards, was that because they did not need any tweaking or that you just did not got around to do the rest as well?

Last edited by Ramses800; January 16th, 2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Found some more.....
Old January 16th, 2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800 View Post
Actually, using Windows Image Print function and a PDF printer makes it easy to print all the unit cards images into a single PDF - it worked for me. [EDIT] that's not entirely true, the scale became right off[/EDIT]

I used Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800
If you are going to revise anything, I noticed some smaller flaws with the cards here:

-Zettian Guards Hit Area only depicts 2 figures
-Deepwyrm Drow has title Drow Chainfighter
-Deepwyrm Drow is listed as Common Hero

Also, might I suggest putting some kind of identifying icon/text on the cards so it is easy to distinguish them from Classic cards?
Thanks for spotting those, and yes that's a good idea.

Quote:
Some changes were very small and not really changing anything, like Major Q10 who had his Personality changed from Merciful to Precise?
Yeah, no real effect on the unit there. Merciful just didn't seem right.

Quote:
Now, another question, all the other units that is not covered by these cards, was that because they did not need any tweaking or that you just did not got around to do the rest as well?
Mainly because they didn't need tweaking. Some of the most recently released units I never got around to considering.

Pretty soon I may post an even never version of my custom Heroscape gaming experience. It's practically revolutionary for the way it calculates damage using a "wound=20 HP" system, which fixes the "all-or-nothingness" of using the wound-based system. There's much more to it than I can explain here and now, but I used the Sisyphus damage tables to determine how many HP of damage should be inflicted on average across the range of paired attack and defense numbers.

Individual squad figures' health is tracked by placing a small colored dot (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow) with a number between 1-3 (if a 3-man squad) or 1-4 (if a 4-man squad). So If I have 3 squads of 4th Mass, I could have a blue squad, a red squad, and a green squad. Each figure in a squad will be numbered 1, 2, 3, or 4. If I say "4th Mass green-4", I know exactly which one that is. They are still activated collectively like all common squads are; in other words, it is fine to move a member of the red squad with a member of the green and blue squads in the same turn.
Old January 16th, 2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
I used Photoshop
MSE (along with some tweaking of the high-resolution templates and scripts) is very powerful and produces great cards at an astonishing rate. It also make it easy to produce a PDF with multiple cards.
I have done several of your designs with it in order to get them in higher resolution for printing.

Anubian Wolves
Spoiler Alert!

4th Massachusetts Line
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Quote:
Mainly because they didn't need tweaking. Some of the most recently released units I never got around to considering.
What was the last unit you evaluated?

Last edited by Ramses800; January 16th, 2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old January 18th, 2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I used Photoshop
MSE (along with some tweaking of the high-resolution templates and scripts) is very powerful and produces great cards at an astonishing rate. It also make it easy to produce a PDF with multiple cards.
I have done several of your designs with it in order to get them in higher resolution for printing.

Anubian Wolves
Spoiler Alert!

4th Massachusetts Line
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Quote:
What was the last unit you evaluated?
@Ramses800 , those cards look very nice! I'm flattered you're using them.

I think the last units I evaluated were the DnD master set figures.

If you like this old custom system I devised, you're going to be blown away by the new. It requires some bookkeeping (keeping track of squad figures' HP and there's a new status effect component - bleed, poison, ensnare, sleep, etc.), but it's incredible compared to the dice system.

Here's a sneak peak if you're interested. All files, especially the units file, are works in progress:
-Rationale for HP 20 System
-Rules for HP20 system
-Units for HP20 System

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards