Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old June 27th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Pwalley has disabled reputation
Just checking in

I finally found the new spot.

How many of the IL members plan on attending Wizard Word Chicago and/or GenCon?
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:10 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
I think...MAYBE...the best time to try and plan this would be about the middle of August. Maybe even the beginning of August.
We could get a little Hall or something that we would be able to have a few maps...about 4 or 5 probably...running at the same time. This way it would go a little quicker, and we dont have people just standing around wishing they would have stayed home and watched Sportscenter.
Any and all who wish to be there are welcome. Bring a few friends if you can. Please give feedback on how you would like this to go, if you could.

*Edit*
Somebody here feel like just planning this thing with me and hoping for the best?
OR
Should we wait for a sign up?
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i do plan to do a roadtrip camping thing with the boys (7 and 10, both play HS) before the summer is over. it could be as early as the weekend of 7/29 and 30.

and i still like the Quad Cities area for a location but don't have any specific place for an HS event in mind (hotel conference room or something).

perhaps we could get Logrey and a couple other memebers in that area to join in as well...

otherwise i was going to suggest another Rockton, IL gaming event at my parent's house. the guys that showed up in early June were interest in another meetup there in July.

so what do y'all think? Quad Cities, Rockton or something else more in the Chicagoland area for us local suburbanites, or somewhere else...?
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
I am cool anywhere within 1 hour or an hour and a half drive. I just want to play!
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:00 AM

In October, details arent set in stone yet, there is a tourney in Forest City, IA. If you guys are interested in your Road Trip HS tourney...this sounds like it could be fun. Its a couple months away, which gives ample time to plan if interested.

Refer to the "Iowans" topic for details
Old July 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
sounds like a plan. October is plenty of time...

welp my weekend of 7/29 and 30 is wide open so i feel like hosting another game event.
Old July 9th, 2006, 10:43 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Hoping to join yall. I'll find out my schedule in next couple of days.
Old July 10th, 2006, 12:10 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverymanxas
In October, details arent set in stone yet, there is a tourney in Forest City, IA. If you guys are interested in your Road Trip HS tourney...this sounds like it could be fun. Its a couple months away, which gives ample time to plan if interested.

Refer to the "Iowans" topic for details
I am planning on making this tourney too.
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM

ratabulous has disabled reputation
Any chance of there being anyone from the SW Wisconsin, or NW Illinois? I live about 30 minutes from Galena IL, 30 minutes from Platteville WI, and 45 minutes from Dubuque IA.
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
damn it. I need to play some serious HS. I got to play some couple days ago, but that was the first in months. Joah, you have to come over soon, we need to crank up about 5 or 6 games. I want to try out wave 4, but can't get enough games in to see what works and what doesn't.

anyone from SE Wis?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:09 AM

Events / Tree Town Open.

If anybody is interested.
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:06 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
GaryLASQ wrote
Quote:
my weekend of 7/29 and 30 is wide open so i feel like hosting another game event.
I'm open for 7/30 if I can get someone to go with me, I'll start talking with my guys see can join me (I over-night this weekend all I need is an couple of hours of sleep & a driver). I'll let you know for sure in the next couple of days.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers