Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
That's a very interesting idea. I'll have to try it. I just got my second squad of them (I wanted more heavies.) And I was scratching my head as to how or when I'd ever want to use the Shades. Could be great if we're drafting on Migol's Tomb or something. The AE are almost always an early pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Right, the AE have a range of 8, so if they are in range to shoot you, the 7 stealth flying can reach them.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
these guys are a real pain if ur facing them or real fun using them in castle games. they always get in so quikly and my brother always get them to devourer my hero's. he is always lucky with the d20. but when they stop i can defeat them easily

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:42 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Right, the AE have a range of 8, so if they are in range to shoot you, the 7 stealth flying can reach them.
This assumes that the hexes immediately in front of the AE are of the appropriate height. AE on the edge of a cliff or castle wall, could have range on the shades and be safe from an immediate attack if there is no place for the shades to land and engage the AE.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've been thinking a lot about the Shades.
They're a viable draft for those Mavel/Classic HS amries.
It's a lucrative counterdraft to bring in the Shades against those heavy hitters who cannot make multiple attacks against squads - specifically Thanos.
Though I can't recommend Shades surrouding heroes with the Stomp special attack.

But even those heroes who can get off many attacks in a turn, the Shades can still present a scary situation.
Sould Devour occurs before moving, so even if a set of Shades fail their Devour attempt, a player can send in an additional three Shades to surround a multiple-attack styled hero and increase the odds of Devour on their next turn. Or at the very least, possibly survive a multiple attack and have some ghosts left to attemp the Devour again.

And of course, the option to spread out all Shades and engage any or all opponent's heroes - especially those without order markers - in an attemp to Sould Devour multiple times is enticing.
With 600 point armies becoming a bigger reality in my games, drafting the Shades seems a stronger possibility to me. Heck, I'm even considering nine of them with some other units as an army.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It is great to have more than one squad of Shades because Soul Devour works with all of ths Shades. I love to see your enemy lose many unique Heroes due to them.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I drafted a couple squads of the Shades the other night and they helped me reach the high ground (the covered bridge in the middle of the map) in a couple turns and tie up Syvarris. They didn't Soul Devour him, but their speed and flying got them into the elf's face before he could add 2 to his attack for hight and rain death on my approaching forces. Their 4 defense helped keep them alive long enough for Cyprien to come into play and take care of business on the bridge. My Rechets made it to the high spot quickly also and tied up Sonlen as well for Cyprien to do his thing.

I love the speed and decent defense of the shades. They are very useful in certain situations.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM

Lord_Mortis has disabled reputation
When a Shade is "destroyed" by taking over a unique hero, can it later be revived by the Glyph of Sturla?
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mortis
When a Shade is "destroyed" by taking over a unique hero, can it later be revived by the Glyph of Sturla?
I don't see why not; go for it.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:59 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mortis
I don't see why not; go for it.
yeah it never says the shade can't come back.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jeez, these guys are fun!!!
I play nine of them in a 600-point army configuration.
The other night I was able to Soul Devour my opponent's Marro Hive.
It was the ultimate blessing for me as the Marro Rebirth kept bringing back the Stingers and Drudge my Q9 was blasting.

I lost the Major to some massive rolls from Juiced Stingers, but my Reavers continued to tie the other Marros up, while the Shades hopped around getting height when available to boost attack and strike down the Stingers.
They managed to wipe out the oppostion's whole army except for Sullivan who eventually whittled them down to nothing.

I used to think the Shades were costly at 100 points, but the high movement with Stealth Flying and 4 Defense makes them well worth their value.
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I played a kind of just fun game where
I used 600 points of Shadey goodness and my opponent used Concan the Viking brothers ,Eldgrim, The Tarn viking warriors,3 Knights, Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan, and the Sentinels of Jandar.It wasn't fair points but it was just a fun game. I took over Concan and Sullivan eventually and won,I had 5 RttFF sets of trees and it was a very small map.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units