Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old February 11th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Superhero RPG play by forum

What sort of time commitment would we be looking at here? I've never played an RPG before outside CRPGs, but part of me thinks it sounds kind of fun. Having to buy a download, potential time investment and a degree of discomfort doing something like this with people I don't really know to don't know at all does make me somewhat wary, though, and it's unlikely I'll actually take the plunge, at least this time. Would it just be this one or would there be likely to be any follow-ups?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good questions!

I'm looking for people to post 2-3 times a week. And possible followups depend on how this goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

edit: NOT THE CURRENT VERSION.

Loosely based on my Champions main character, I've made some changes to lower her power level and make her less of an assassin.

In 1991, Israeli covert operators intercepted a freight truck traveling through southern Lebanon. They had thought it was Hezbollah but the truck had two surprises for them. First, no sign of Hezbollah on the driver, who died at the beginning of the encounter, or on any of the other equipment or insignia in the truck. Second, the only "cargo," such that the term might apply, was an infant girl heavily ensconced in lab equipment in the back of the truck. There were simply no indicators of where the truck was going, where it was from, or why it was transporting a baby as if she was crates of artillery shells.

Lana was brought back to Israel, where she was raised as, essentially, a ward of the state. She demonstrated precocious physical gifts and joined the Mossad. She knew, though her companions and supervisors did not, that some of her gifts far exceeded what other humans could do. She kept it to herself.

A covert operation went sideways and she left the Mossad in disgust. She still checks in regularly with the Israeli embassy in New York, so her adopted homeland can monitor her health and physiology - they remain interested in her curious appearance in the back of a truck - but otherwise she's just trying to get by as a private detective in [possibly New York City]. Is the shadowy organization behind her appearance in that truck still looking for her? Or, perhaps, having found her, is it monitoring her? She doesn't give it much thought, and has never taken the trouble to hide her identity.

Name: Lana Shomer
Secret Identity: None (known)
Background: Former member of Mossad, Israeli secret service.

Strength: 6 (+1)
Dexterity: 13 (1+12) (+4)
Constitution: 5 (+1)
Intelligence: 1 (+0)
Wisdom: 4 (+1)
Charisma: 4 (+1)

Equipment (500):
Baton (short "staff") +1 (see below)
Camera

Powers (21,500):

Ability Boost - 500
Flaw: can't boost DEX
+6 to 1 physical ability for 1 min.; once per day

Super Dexterity - 10,000
+12 DEX

Cat-fall - 1,000
1/2 dmg from falls and feat of DEX for no dmg

Power Blade (electric)- 2,500
Flaw: invested in baton (AC 18, HP 9)
1d8/lvl dmg, target makes CON feat or stunned for a round; no str bonus to dmg

Shield - 1,500
+4 AC; immune to force damage

Sixth Sense - 1,000
cannot be surprised; +2 to feats to avoid physical dangers

Infra-vision - 1,250
Flaw: invested in goggles (AC 10, HP 3)
infravision 120'

Super Speed
Flaw: May only move 45' per round, instead of 60'.

Iron Grip - 1,000
target of a successful grapple takes 1d6 dmg/round until grapple is broken

Character Level: 5 (4,000); +5 attack bonus

HP: 20

AC: 18 (10+4(DEX)+4(Shield))

Speed: 4
Attack: Melee +1; Range +4

edit: For the curious, she was - when I crafted her at age 14, or so - a bit more Punisher and a bit less Jessica Jones, and if she ever had an origin story at all, I've long since forgotten it. Though I don't think she ever did. Her name was "Shimmer," hence the name "Shomer."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 12th, 2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: took out sixth sense and sleep; added super speed
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Let me know if I did things right! I used a lot of flaws to bring down power costs, so those will have to meet your approval as well. This is bare bones with room to tweak as we get info on the premise. I made a guy who could go full hero or full villain pretty easily.

Name: Ever-Loving Rockstar
Secret Known Identity: Johnny B. Jaeger
Background: A semi-retired 90s hair band rock and roll sex machine
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: 6

25,000 starting XP

Equipment (10,000)
Brass Knuckles (zero) (+1 damage)
Leather Jacket (2,500) (light armor, +3 AC) Jacket has AC 10, HP 2D6
Tour Van (5,000) (Speed 4, Level 8, AC 8 )
Skilled Henchman (bodyguard/assistant – her name is Hilda, she’s 6’2, blonde, Swedish, mute, and knows Krav Maga) (2,500)

Superpowers (13,000)
Prehensile Tongue (1,500) (no flaw)
Regenerate (requires applause to activate) (5,000)
Resistance (Sonic - tied to leather jacket) (2,500)
Berserker (only works if loud music is playing) (2,500)
Hypnotize (Requires me to vocalize and then I lose my voice for 30 minutes afterwards) (1,250)

Character Level (2,000 XP) 3
(+3 attack bonus)

HP: 3D6
AC: 10 + 1 (dex bonus) +3 light armor = 14

Speed Level: 2 (30 feet per round)

My villain starts a slow clap to revive Johnny, slowly. Then I stab him in the heart again. Repeat 5 times, then lick the tears off of Hilda's face (who is tied to a chair).
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

@quozl , I added a flaw to Ability Boost, to make it closer to what I had in mind for the character. If you're already reviewing, I want to make sure you saw it.

= =
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

lol, nice. Yeah, I intentionally pumped my guy full of flaws to make it interesting.

I'm pretty sure DS's private eye/assassin could kick my guy's butt!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yeah. We were coming at it from very different directions. She's not minmaxed or anything; she left a bunch of points on the table toward her next level. I was trying to create something modeled on what I did when I was a teenager, and teenaged DS took his superheroes pretty seriously. You, on the other hand, put a lot of points into a whimsical van and an equally whimsical sidekick.

= =
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just seeing this. I'm interested too. Hoping to find it's a good system, really excited it shares some similarities with D&D!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Just seeing this. I'm interested too. Hoping to find it's a good system, really excited it shares some similarities with D&D!
It shares a *lot* with D&D, I think. It's simpler, in that you don't even have to bother picking races & classes and whatnot. You buy your ability scores with one currency and buy your skills & equipment with another. Pretty much everything* in-game is up to the DM, by which I mean GM, or - in this game - "MM."

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 11th, 2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: * ~ As I read the rules, anyway.
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We need more characters!

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:14 PM

Also, side note: Hilda isn't a crier.

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Let me know if I did things right! I used a lot of flaws to bring down power costs, so those will have to meet your approval as well. This is bare bones with room to tweak as we get info on the premise. I made a guy who could go full hero or full villain pretty easily.

Name: Ever-Loving Rockstar
Secret Known Identity: Johnny B. Jaeger
Background: A semi-retired 90s hair band rock and roll sex machine
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: 6

25,000 starting XP

Equipment (10,000)
Brass Knuckles (zero) (+1 damage)
Leather Jacket (2,500) (light armor, +3 AC) Jacket has AC 10, HP 2D6
Tour Van (5,000) (Speed 4, Level 8, AC 8 )
Skilled Henchman (bodyguard/assistant – her name is Hilda, she’s 6’2, blonde, Swedish, mute, and knows Krav Maga) (2,500)

Superpowers (13,000)
Prehensile Tongue (1,500) (no flaw)
Regenerate (requires applause to activate) (5,000)
Resistance (Sonic - tied to leather jacket) (2,500)
Berserker (only works if loud music is playing) (2,500)
Hypnotize (Requires me to vocalize and then I lose my voice for 30 minutes afterwards) (1,250)

Character Level (2,000 XP) 3
(+3 attack bonus)

HP: 3D6
AC: 10 + 1 (dex bonus) +3 light armor = 14

Speed Level: 2 (30 feet per round)

My villain starts a slow clap to revive Johnny, slowly. Then I stab him in the heart again. Repeat 5 times, then lick the tears off of Hilda's face (who is tied to a chair).
You're scaring me...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games