Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM

comicboy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Questions concerning customs and maps

Hello, All

This is my first post at Heroscapers. I just started playing the Marvel Heroscape game and I thought it had potential. I came across this site and was pleased with all the customs here. Good job, guys.

I would like to create my own customs too but I was wondering how the creators go about choosing the right powers, stats and points for the character? Is there a chart or a conversion table anywhere on the site that calculates stats and points?

Also, as much as I like the heroscape tiles, I find the heroclix maps to be cheaper to play on. Has anyone tried playing heroscape with the heroclix maps? If so, how did you handle elevations for movement and targeting purposes? How was flying, leaping and swing line handled?

Thanks for any help.
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Questions concerning customs and maps

Welcome to the site!

You'll probably find this thread useful as far as designing your own customs goes. I can't speak for the Heroclix map question, though.
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicboy View Post
Hello, All

This is my first post at Heroscapers. I just started playing the Marvel Heroscape game and I thought it had potential. I came across this site and was pleased with all the customs here. Good job, guys.

I would like to create my own customs too but I was wondering how the creators go about choosing the right powers, stats and points for the character? Is there a chart or a conversion table anywhere on the site that calculates stats and points?

Also, as much as I like the heroscape tiles, I find the heroclix maps to be cheaper to play on. Has anyone tried playing heroscape with the heroclix maps? If so, how did you handle elevations for movement and targeting purposes? How was flying, leaping and swing line handled?

Thanks for any help.
I'm not involved in customs or anything, but I'm pretty sure the custom created cards/figures go through some pretty rigorous playtesting before anything becomes totally concrete. They seem to be pretty good about balancing strength, abilities, and point cost.

I would probably agree with you that heroclix maps are less expensive to play on, but heroscape maps are just so darn cool and appealing, I could never play heroscape on anything but a heroscape map!

And, welcome to the site!
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

robbdaman created some printable hex sheets in multiple terrain types (scroll down to the bottom of the linked page). You could print some of these out and make your own 2D maps. I don't recall who it was, but someone had some 2D map sheets with multiple terrain types.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:15 AM

comicboy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Sherman
Thanks for the link. This will be helpful in the future. Is it possible to post some of the ones I make in order to get feedbcak so I can make sure they are balanced?

mac122
Thanks for those links too. Those maps are useful. I don't mind playing on the heroclix maps it's just that the rules for elevation are slightly different than the ones for heroscape. The buildings in heroclix don't have number of height levels to determine movement, falling or range. I suppose I can always assign a height level to them but I was hoping someone could offer advice on what they did if they used those maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations