Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 17th, 2019, 01:05 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's VC Unit Tier List (December 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Don’t forget that Boreos bonds with DK’s, @Cleon . He shines when you can move 2 heroes and 2 squads per OM in the early game.

And yeah, he wrecks melee.
How can you move 2 heroes and 2 squads per OM? Do you mean mixing both Talingul and DK's with Boreos?
Old March 17th, 2019, 02:27 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I will do my first large update to this list soon with several changes I want to make (some examples: I think Nilfheim is above the Incendiborgs, Rygarn is a 9 (I'm still up in the air about where the Varja should be placed), the Ravagers I think might be a 6 in the future if more Savage heroes come but right now they're a 5, Shiori should be bumped up).
Rygarn is one of the best units VC has released. A bit trickier to figure out than Quahon or the Cathars, but definitely strong.

Quote:
Arthur Sherwood - 5
I think Arthur is tons of fun (and he can pick up T-Glyphs and bring them back for Locksley) but you're right that he doubles down a bit on that aspect. I wouldn't underestimate his ability to clog up the front lines a bit: he is double-spaced and can run past screens while killing them. I'd lean towards a bump, but I think somewhere in 5-6 is good.

Quote:
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior - 6+.
I wouldn't spend my points on things he has synergy with (Death Knights, Blackguaard, kyrie stuff), spend points on hyper-survivable units to fully abuse Rejected by Death.
Death Knights actually aren't terrible, they do have some survivability.
Most likely will rise to 7 or 8.
The best thing about running Azazel with Death Knights is that they bond with him, so if he comes back mid-round, you can take turns with him immediately, with relatively low risk.

We tried to be pretty cautious with his pricing since RbD is by nature very abusable.

Quote:
Banshees of Durgeth Swamp - 5.
I think these guys are relatively splashable at 1-2x. They're especially good as a counter to high-defense commons like Hoplitrons or Minions. But yeah, they suck against heroes.

Quote:
Bol - 8. Basically he's what Otonashi aspires to be.
I'm a bit sad I didn't get assigned to review Bol because everybody thinks he's so fun. Not sure about his worth in a Nottingham Brigand build, though. I'd pretty much always rather take a turn with a better Rogue, and since you will always put your OMs on the common hero, his Opportunism doesn't work out so well.

Quote:
Buccaneers of Tortuga - High-6. These guys are cool. Definitely not as good as Heavies or Cultists, but still interesting. I prefer having a third defense die over a D20 save ability, but having a scatter-like function makes it more likeable.
Yeah, these guys are good with a hot d20, but 2 defense is pretty bad otherwise. Going into range, they've got good matchups. A few Elusive rolls on turn 3 and then an initiative switch and you'll easily take out a whole squad of opponents.

Quote:
Boreos - 6 (?) .
Boreos really makes the construct army work, especially against melee. One cool thing you can do is carry Talingul along with Boreos, even repositioning on the first construct turn so you can see the second construct. And yeah, endgame scenarios make Boreos nasty. I think a bump to 7 or 8 is warranted.

Quote:
Kozil - Bottom of 8. Kozil's basically the new Krug, or Krug for the Spiders.
Yeah, Kozil is fun (and good). Good Krug comparison.

Quote:
Talingul - 5. This dude's pretty average.
I like Talingul. Just wait until Avernus comes out

Quote:
Tetraites - Low-6. He's like an offensive version of Crixus.
As I wrote in a blurb as a draft for the power rankings: Tetraites is just "if Crixus traded defense for offense". I'd suggest combining him with Priscus and leaving Spartacus home.
Yes Rygarn is very very good. Definitely a 9.

I'll probably put Arthur towards the high end of the 5's.

Death Knight's are interesting with him...I just think you need to also make room for rats and things too. I wouldn't run more than a couple squads of DK's.

I like the Banshees. Their auto kill is very alluring, especially being able to do so after getting a swing or two with them. But their 2 defense keeps an eye brow raised towards them. They don't have anything against range, and I see strong range heroes being a nightmare for them. I'd like to try them out myself.

I'd rather take a turn with a better Rogue too, but the point is as long as you have a NB you never have to put OM's on Bol. He really doesn't add anything to the Rogue build, but the fact that he freely fits into it is a nice bonus.

I've been playing around with Buccaneer armies in my head and I really like the one I mentioned earlier - Raelin/Skahen/Buccaneersx4, but they are a bit hard to wrap my head around. I could also see switching them in for some PK's in the classic Raelin/Hydra/PK'sx4 build, such as Raelin/Hydra/Buccaneersx2/PK'sx2. They definitely are good at breaking through screens and reaching hard to touch units....maybe Buccaneersx3/Stingersx3/Alastair? I'm a bit lost on exactly what they want with them in an army. But yeah they look pretty good.

Boreos is who I'm most lost on with these 9. I'll have to see how the Construct army unfolds. As for the Death Knights....I'm kind of always weary of their army . I think a Knights/Spirit army might work really well with him. Finn/Thorgrim/Knightsx3/Boreos. A 5/5 Boreos wouldn't be fun to face in the endgame. You could also carry Finn or Thorgrim for their bonus when they're alive too. Finn/Thorgrim/Eldgrim/Knightsx2/MW/Boreos is a neat one too.

Kozil and Krug were separated at birth, and now, 14 years after Krug's release, they are finally reunited.

I look forward to it. . The construct army has many new doors it could open, depending on the upcoming constructs.

What army would you make with Tetraites and Priscus? Tetraites/Priscus/Capuansx3/Gladiatrixx2? That seems pretty decent. Gladiatrix and Priscus is a cool combo. I was thinking about a 5 for Tetraites (as with Priscus)....but like I've said several times, the Gladiators are stupid hard to rate accurately. It's weird, I could see bumping them down to a high-5 eventually, but it doesn't feel wrong to put them at 6. It solely depends on if you have the points for them or not. Which you don't have in the standard 500, but you do in higher point settings. At 600pt. you can do a lot with the gladiators, at less than 500pt. you're really hurting, so I try to weigh the range of point restrictions and their respective rankings for them.
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:04 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Don’t forget that Boreos bonds with DK’s, @Cleon . He shines when you can move 2 heroes and 2 squad figures per OM in the early game.

And yeah, he wrecks melee.
How can you move 2 heroes and 2 squads per OM? Do you mean mixing both Talingul and DK's with Boreos?
I made a slight mistake in my typing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool read! VC brings so much depth and variety to the tourney scene.

Sounds to me like poor Nick Esenwein needs him a Rachel Esenwein to help him keep the Thralls in line (works in real life, after all).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs