Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
What are people playing...?

Well I've been out of the game for WAY TOO LONG... many months actually. Me and my bro are just about to start playin again, and we are interested in what's being played competitively...

Back when I left it was all about Raelin (pretty much every army), Q9, Zelrig, Stingers, and 4th mass, with some occasionals thrown in (Nilfy, K Awesome, etc). What is being played in top level tournaments?

Thanks in advance!

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: What are people playing...?

Raelin (pretty much every army), Q9, Zelrig, Stingers, and 4th mass, with some occasionals thrown in (Nilfy, K Awesome, etc).

Now that I've got the smart-aleck answer out of the way, here is the run-down from this years GenCon.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's pretty much the same. Raelin is used in most of the armies. Q9 is still played a lot. Nilfheim is more popluar than Zelrig, but both receive a lot of use. Knights are popular. Stingers are popular. Krav are REALLY popular. Q10 is popular. Heavies are popular. Wave 9 builds are popular just because of they're recent release. For more information, just check out Spider poison's power rankings.
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

The link in Killometer's post is a good refresher.

The only notable change to me is that because of recent map selection, BoV inductions, and certain skilled players, melee is making a comeback, most often with Heavy Gruts and Knights of Weston. There were zero Q9's in the top 16 at GenCon this year, which was pretty weird. I think all the players in the top 16 would agree that they were still thinking about him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation

Cool - thanks for the help. Glad there isn't a TON of change for me to catch up on.

Time to order the new wave

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, part of it is just that there weren't a whole lot of new releases over the last year.

Have you seen the front page yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Look at truth's blog it should help.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion